37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Aces
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 16

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/04/19 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky can't win games without Diamond shooting at a good percentage. Mav, you are disgusted that the Sky can't play good defense. Chicago only has a few players with the level of quickness and athletic ability to play good defense. The Sky just has too many players that are slow and do not have quick lateral movement to be able to play great defense. Sad

PostPosted: 07/04/19 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would like to ask Cheyenne Parker one question. The question is what did she do during the off season to improve her free throw shooting skill?
She has NEVER average over %90 percent shooting her entire basketball career. Shocked Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/04/19 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I would like to ask Cheyenne Parker one question. The question is what did she do during the off season to improve her free throw shooting skill?
She has NEVER average over %90 percent shooting her entire basketball career. Shocked Very Happy

Free-throw shooting is almost entirely mental. A seventh grader can make a free throw, in terms of the physical skill needed to do so. A WNBA player has that physical skill times 10 (or 100 or pick a number), plus experience plus coaching.

So why doesn't every WNBA player shoot at least 70%? Because their mind gets in the way of their body ... and you can shoot 10,000 free throws in the offseason, but if you can't get past the mental blocks that limit you, you won't improve.

PostPosted: 07/04/19 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Free-throw shooting is almost entirely mental. A seventh grader can make a free throw, in terms of the physical skill needed to do so. A WNBA player has that physical skill times 10 (or 100 or pick a number), plus experience plus coaching.

So why doesn't every WNBA player shoot at least 70%? Because their mind gets in the way of their body ... and you can shoot 10,000 free throws in the offseason, but if you can't get past the mental blocks that limit you, you won't improve.

What I want to know is what she did to take her free throw shooting to the elite level. Your explanation sounds simple but the reality is only a small select group of professional basketball players, whether male or female can make %90 percent of their free throws. I just want to know what she did to improve her free throw shooting. Inquiring minds want to know. Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/04/19 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

What I want to know is what she did to take her free throw shooting to the elite level. Your explanation sounds simple but the reality is only a small select group of professional basketball players, whether male or female can make %90 percent of their free throws. I just want to know what she did to improve her free throw shooting. Inquiring minds want to know. Very Happy

I would guess, and of course I don't know, that she made a mechanical adjustment that allowed her to believe she would improve, and made a mental adjustment that calmed her mind at the line so the physical adjustment could be as effective as possible.

She also might be getting lucky, and regression to the mean is imminent.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: