Board Junkies Forums

League Pass
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballgrl

PostPosted: 05/20/19 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="NYSports56"]
Shades wrote:
You can start signing up today. I like waiting until last minute in case they throw some promo offers out. Given the short amount of time until the season starts, a promo offer probably isn’t happening.

Before today on the League Pass page, there was mention of a free trial at the start of the season. Can't find anything about it now, but perhaps that will be a late promo.

I'd like the free trial, just to make sure it all runs on my hardware OK. My computer is several years old.[/quote

I wanted to see if it would run on my computer as well. It is a new computer with lots of changes that are new to me. Years ago there was a wnba league pass on tv, it was Directv and I could watch all the games. Now it is AT&T and I have many problems. I have also had it for several years so I am going to check.

Well I had a bit of a problem signing in, sent a email to support. Last time i tried i was able to get in but will need to wait til game time to see if it works again. Wishing myself luck.

Last edited by bballgrl on 05/24/19 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fishhappy

PostPosted: 05/20/19 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
root_thing wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:
How does League Pass work? I have no idea whether I'll be able to watch the Liberty on TV this year, so I need to figure out another way in case I can't. What are the other option for getting WNBA games?

The ability to watch live is not important, so long as the games are available soon after.

Historically, blacked out games are usually available as an archive within 24 hours. It's usually sooner than that -- like a couple of hours. However, weekends seem to be slower so I'm guessing it's tied to staffing levels

Are games that are not blacked out available on archive?

All games have been archived in the past seasons. I am pretty sure they will be again this year. it is a great way to watch the league. As I live in Pittsburgh and there is no!! coverage of the Wnba on local media. As long as I watch the games in the order Played I don't know who won or the score of any game. every game is like it is just being played live. A lot of great games for 17 bucks

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 05/24/19 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone have experience with mirroring League Pass to your TV? I was thinking of getting it instead of the sports package on Sling TV.

I also have Roku so sometimes, they'll be an app you can connect to on the TV.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/24/19 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've tried mirroring wirelessly to my TV, but it's never seemed particularly stable (that's not WNBA-specific, just in general). That could be due to a variety of reasons, but in my case I've found a wired connection to work much better. You can get cables/adaptors for virtually any kind of port these days without much difference in video/audio quality.

On a separate note, we've now passed the date where League Pass auto-renews, so everyone check to make sure whether you already have a subscription before signing up again. Unless you actively turned off auto-renew or your credit card details expired, they'll probably have charged you for this year already.

It didnt work for me last season on a samsung tv.

root_thing

fancy_daniel wrote:
Anyone have experience with mirroring League Pass to your TV? I was thinking of getting it instead of the sports package on Sling TV.

It works fine with Chromecast. Don't know about Roku.

PostPosted: 05/24/19 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fanaticka wrote:

I have a Samsung TV and it works fine with Chromecast. Were you casting or trying to download the League Pass app to your TV? Samsung uses its own non-standard operating system, so pretty much nothing useable can be downloaded from the internet. If any new app is created for the TV, it will be provided to you through normal Samsung software updates.

PostPosted: 05/24/19 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:

Yes i used chromecast all last season with the app and it was wonderful !

PostPosted: 05/24/19 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apple TV with Air Play should work.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 05/24/19 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:

Yes i used chromecast all last season with the app and it was wonderful !

Okay, I'll have to try it out. I don't mind watching it on the computer but there's too much technology nowadays to not be able to find a way to cast to TV.

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 05/24/19 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HDMI cable from computer to TV ?

justintyme

PostPosted: 05/24/19 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the app has a "cast" ability, it usually works well (things like Chromecast). However, trying to "mirror" live sports from a phone typically results in video lag (constant stuttering). The same thing happens when you hook a computer up and try to clone your screen on a TV, rather than use your TV as the display monitor.

This happens because of how your hardware is trying to render the video. If it is playing it in two places simultaneously, issues tend to abound unless you have some very powerful video processing power.

PostPosted: 05/24/19 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I've tried mirroring wirelessly to my TV, but it's never seemed particularly stable (that's not WNBA-specific, just in general). That could be due to a variety of reasons, but in my case I've found a wired connection to work much better. You can get cables/adaptors for virtually any kind of port these days without much difference in video/audio quality.

On a separate note, we've now passed the date where League Pass auto-renews, so everyone check to make sure whether you already have a subscription before signing up again. Unless you actively turned off auto-renew or your credit card details expired, they'll probably have charged you for this year already.

My auto renew didnt work. I dont have an subscription and i didnt turn it off. So this is very strange.

Did it auto renew for anyone else?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
adamj95

PostPosted: 05/24/19 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Auto renew didn't work for me. Said my card didn't work. But then it let me use it to purchase a subscription.

PostPosted: 05/24/19 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a tech question. I have a four year old Samsung smart tv and last year I could use the web browser on the tv to watch the games on league pass. Tonight I tried and it’s saying I need adobe flash player to use it. I went to Adobe, but I am unable to download Adobe. Any suggestions

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/24/19 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mmaniac wrote:
I have a tech question. I have a four year old Samsung smart tv and last year I could use the web browser on the tv to watch the games on league pass. Tonight I tried and it’s saying I need adobe flash player to use it. I went to Adobe, but I am unable to download Adobe. Any suggestions

I had the same with my samsung tablet. Do you use the wnba app?
Because at first it said video not available and now it works when i logged off from my phone for a while

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
mmaniac

PostPosted: 05/24/19 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, I’ll give that a try

fanaticka

PostPosted: 05/25/19 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
fanaticka wrote:

I have a Samsung TV and it works fine with Chromecast. Were you casting or trying to download the League Pass app to your TV? Samsung uses its own non-standard operating system, so pretty much nothing useable can be downloaded from the internet. If any new app is created for the TV, it will be provided to you through normal Samsung software updates.

I tried to mirror my screen from wnba mobile app to my tv. It showed the app, but once i tried to turn on videos, there was only a black screen with a video frame and buttons.
I think i have tried chromecast in the past (with some usb stick?) And i believe it worked, but it took ages to actually connect.

But this year i will be probably stuck to watching on my phone most of the time anyway...

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/26/19 6:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are there more people that have trouble with watching games on the tablet? Im trying to watch the games from yesterday on archive and it says that they are unavailable but they do work when i try to watch them on my phone.

I watched them live on my tablet yesterday

Shades

PostPosted: 05/28/19 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds like Monumental Sports is lifting the local blackout?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: