RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

(2) Oregon @ (12) Oregon State - 2/18/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Will Win?
Oregon
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Oregon State
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/18/19 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yes!

PostPosted: 02/18/19 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did you see Ionescu run into the back of the OSt player and then dive to the ground after missing that last second 3? That was outlandish.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/18/19 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And another triple double for Ion- 25 FGA, 19 FGMissed, 21 pts

PostPosted: 02/18/19 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great win for Oregon St.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/18/19 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Did you see Ionescu run into the back of the OSt player and then dive to the ground after missing that last second 3? That was outlandish.

it was pathetic.

PostPosted: 02/18/19 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sabrina Carry and Sabrina Body Fling almost won it, but the Beavers deserved this exciting win.
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/18/19 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Ionescu performance was reminiscent of that in Spokane last year against ND. She is so much better when she gets her teammates involved than when she tries to do it all herself. Hopefully Kelly will get her to see that before the NCAAs come around.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/18/19 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And I'm glad Scottie realized he needs to get some good minutes from Grymek for his team to compete.

- Amanda Gorman
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/18/19 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
The Ionescu performance was reminiscent of that in Spokane last year against ND. She is so much better when she gets her teammates involved than when she tries to do it all herself. Hopefully Kelly will get her to see that before the NCAAs come around.

It reminded me of her ineptness vs MS ST last season. 6-16, 1 board, 5/4.

PostPosted: 02/18/19 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had to pull up tjose last few seconds on the ESPN app and re-watch it because I wasn’t sure what I saw, but yes it is a total flop! And not even a good Hollywood one at that!

CBiebel

PostPosted: 02/18/19 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, what a game! OSU definitely played their way to at least a #3 seed (depending on what happens next. If they win they win out, including the Pac 12 Tournament, they could possibly work up to a #2).

A week or so ago I pointed out the ranked games left for top 10 teams and mentioned that this game was a serious danger for UO because it was a rivalry road game against an (at the time, I think) top 10 team. I didn't even realize that UO had lost 8 straight at OSU.

When I heard the announcers predict that with all that offensive potential that the game would end in the 80s, I kind of laughed. Isn't OSU known for defense? Haven't people lately discussed how much better UO has been on defense? Generally, when you have two teams with great offenses and at least good defenses, the game are usually (although not always) in the 60s or low 70s.

When discussing what is at stake for Oregon, they said that being the #1 seed in Portland could be at stake. There are only two ways that Oregon won't be the #1 seed in Portland: They somehow don't get a #1 seed or another Pac 12 team gets a #1 seed ahead of them. I don't see either of those happening. Even if they're the #4 seed, are you really going to punish a higher ranked #1 seed by shipping them to Portland?

I really wouldn't want to be one of the teams sent to Corvallis for the first two rounds of the NCAAs.

osubeavers

PostPosted: 02/18/19 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beavs knock down 8 straight clutch free throws to close out the game.

I think Big Monday got their money’s worth tonight.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not gonna lie even before tonights performance ive never 100% understood why Ionescu would be a better fit for vegas than McCowan? Ionescu is a talented guard with the potential to be the next Sue Bird or DT combined but id rather have McCowan the Monster right now.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor needs to pray they dont have to face a Pac 12 team in the elite 8 . History says.......... Embarassed

PostPosted: 02/19/19 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FANTABULOUS game, imo. Best thing for us fans, and The Game, imo. Credit Beaver defense for the low Duck FGs and 3 %....probably the single biggest differential, after Ruthy's departure. That, and the AMAZING fan turnout. Go PAC 12~!

Now THIS bullshit:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
One thing bugs me about Ionescu, mostly as a reflection of a bigger bug about WBB in general. She's not very quick, but is very shifty on her drives with multiple hesitations to change directions virtually every time she controls the ball. In my playing days, almost all her hesitations would have been whistled as carries, as the ball comes to rest in her upturned hand..

No. Just NO: A. She IS quick. B. I watched her especially hard for just that tonight, and it's your imagination, Glenn dear. I don't give a shite how many disciples here hearken unto you, it's just not so. If her handles were illegal, you'd have to wear out 9 whistles a game in the WNBA. Sabrina is smooth, and very pro ready. Next to her college peers, she *looks* like she's got some kinda advantage--and she does--but it's not an illegal dribble. It's that 'next level' of skill.

Flopping is the next thing: Okay, a silly desperation flop in the last seconds. But it's NOT her bread and butter move like we see in players from a KLS, Mabrey, or a Nina Davis ('member her?) etc.

Krazy thing is....all you Sabrina haters would give your eye teeth AND a left nipple to have her transfer to YOUR team. She's. That. Good. Just suck it. Laughing Cool

With this:
myrtle wrote:

....I gotta disagree. Tonight, I thought she did too much second-guessing on that. She usually appears, to me at least, to have highly developed sense of when to assist, and when to take it--just intuitive. And maybe the defense rattled her judgment there. But given her practically gaudy assist numbers, there's no way one could accuse her of being too selfish.

Now, for relevant analysis on The Actual Game--Interesting stats:
A. BOTH teams scored exactly 24 field goals (albeit Beavs at a better %), with the Beavs scoring 2 more 3s and 3 more FTs
B. Oregon aced the Asst/TO part of the contest: 8/3; OR-State: 12/15 Shocked
C. Beavs outrebounded Ducks 39-30, but Ducks had 4 more O boards.
D. Sabrina shoots 36% tonight--if she'd have hit her typical 45% (2-3 more baskets?), different outcome. This simply illustrates how creating even minor aberrations in statistical outcomes change games. Beavs defensive focus paid off.

And--speaking of defense--anybody who berates the Duck's defense any more is just ignorant. Flawless? No. Weak. No way. I thought they were even better tonight than on Friday.

Credit Oregon State....Scotty rules! (for the day.... Razz) And an extraordinary showcase for "Our Game"!

PostPosted: 02/19/19 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

osubeavers wrote:
Ummm, Beavs are USA/union. Ducks are Southern traitors.

Go Beavs! 🇺🇸

Tonight u of Nike will be re-enacting Picket’s charge.

Don't you mean Pivec's charge.

Phil

PostPosted: 02/19/19 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was as exciting a game as I have seen in some time, which is saying something, because there have been some fun games recently.

Very entertaining.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/19/19 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does Oregon remain a #1 seed now? Does Notre Dame get a #1 seed now? Baylor, UCONN, Louisville & ????.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/19/19 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow there is a big ego low flying attacking others and doing the same shit they are accusing them of. Except this ego is attacking posters.

PostPosted: 02/19/19 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
FANTABULOUS game, imo. Best thing for us fans, and The Game, imo. Credit Beaver defense for the low Duck FGs and 3 %....probably the single biggest differential, after Ruthy's departure. That, and the AMAZING fan turnout. Go PAC 12~!

Now THIS bullshit:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
One thing bugs me about Ionescu, mostly as a reflection of a bigger bug about WBB in general. She's not very quick, but is very shifty on her drives with multiple hesitations to change directions virtually every time she controls the ball. In my playing days, almost all her hesitations would have been whistled as carries, as the ball comes to rest in her upturned hand..

No. Just NO: A. She IS quick. B. I watched her especially hard for just that tonight, and it's your imagination, Glenn dear. I don't give a shite how many disciples here hearken unto you, it's just not so. If her handles were illegal, you'd have to wear out 9 whistles a game in the WNBA. Sabrina is smooth, and very pro ready. Next to her college peers, she *looks* like she's got some kinda advantage--and she does--but it's not an illegal dribble. It's that 'next level' of skill.

Flopping is the next thing: Okay, a silly desperation flop in the last seconds. But it's NOT her bread and butter move like we see in players from a KLS, Mabrey, or a Nina Davis ('member her?) etc.

Krazy thing is....all you Sabrina haters would give your eye teeth AND a left nipple to have her transfer to YOUR team. She's. That. Good. Just suck it. Laughing Cool

With this:
myrtle wrote:

....I gotta disagree. Tonight, I thought she did too much second-guessing on that. She usually appears, to me at least, to have highly developed sense of when to assist, and when to take it--just intuitive. And maybe the defense rattled her judgment there. But given her practically gaudy assist numbers, there's no way one could accuse her of being too selfish.

Now, for relevant analysis on The Actual Game--Interesting stats:
A. BOTH teams scored exactly 24 field goals (albeit Beavs at a better %), with the Beavs scoring 2 more 3s and 3 more FTs
B. Oregon aced the Asst/TO part of the contest: 8/3; OR-State: 12/15 Shocked
C. Beavs outrebounded Ducks 39-30, but Ducks had 4 more O boards.
D. Sabrina shoots 36% tonight--if she'd have hit her typical 45% (2-3 more baskets?), different outcome. This simply illustrates how creating even minor aberrations in statistical outcomes change games. Beavs defensive focus paid off.

And--speaking of defense--anybody who berates the Duck's defense any more is just ignorant. Flawless? No. Weak. No way. I thought they were even better tonight than on Friday.

Credit Oregon State....Scotty rules! (for the day.... Razz) And an extraordinary showcase for "Our Game"!

I don’t think it’s hate, more so just being critical and actually acknowledging she has some flaws. I think her showing with Team USA showed she’s not as pro-ready as some people are proclaiming. She’s good, but she’s not going to just come in and dominate the league. I think it’s good some are analyzing her personally, instead of just going along with the “general consensus.” A lot of times last night she just looked out of control. The Beaver defense played a huge part, but Sabrina was really forcing the issue.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 02/19/19 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aleah Goodman was the star early, then Slocum came up huge late. Credit to OSU for remaining poised when the game got close.

Last edited by TotalCardinalMove on 02/19/19 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/19/19 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Does Oregon remain a #1 seed now? Does Notre Dame get a #1 seed now? Baylor, UCONN, Louisville & ????.

Assuming that everything else remains as they are now, is there any way that Louisville and ND both get 1 seeds? One of those teams is going to have one more loss. If it's ND (in conf. tourney to Louisville), Could they still get a 1 seed? If it's Louisville (in conf. tourney to ND), would they stay a 1 seed?

I really don't see selcom sending ND anywhere but Chicago. Same as I don't see UConn going anywhere besides Albany. I don't see them putting ND and UConn both in Albany. I wouldn't want to be a #1 seed with ND as my #2.

I think that I would go with Baylor, winner of ACC tourney, runner-up of ACC tourney, UConn. Unfortunately that would send either the overall #1 team or possibly the #2 team on a long road trip.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/19/19 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Aleah Goodman was the star early, then Slocum can’t up huge late. Credit to OSU for remaining poised when the game got close.

She was clutch. Forgot to add that OR st really shared the ball.

Last edited by Nixtreefan on 02/19/19 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/19/19 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

I really don't see selcom sending ND anywhere but Chicago. Same as I don't see UConn going anywhere besides Albany. I don't see them putting ND and UConn both in Albany. I wouldn't want to be a #1 seed with ND as my #2.

I'd love to ask Charlie Creme to explain why he insists that UConn, supposedly for ticket sale reasons, will go to Albany regardless of their record or seed, but he keeps predicting that Notre Dame will end up in any region other than Chicago.

Or maybe it's obvious and the UConn to Albany rule isn't about ticket sales at all, but rather is just another UConn special treatment rule.

BTW, I think whether Oregon gets a 1 seed has a lot to do with Hebard's status for the tournament.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/19/19 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LMAO maybe it is because ND were outside the top 4 and have a loss to a conference bottom dweller. BUT I actually think they will put ND in Chicago and probably did due to all the leprechaun whining that is becoming a national epidemic. But that aside, I do think ND will be in Chicago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: