Storm
71%
 71%  [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 52

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/05/18 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Mystics should be ashamed for not "earning" a 1st overall pick (or multiple) like all the other good teams smh

God forbid someone want to come here for once... anyway EDD would have been stuck in a place she didn't like for her prime because of the unfair "core" designation that, to my knowledge, no other well known pro league has...

Not a football fan, but isn't the franchise tag basically the same thing?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/05/18 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Mystics should be ashamed for not "earning" a 1st overall pick (or multiple) like all the other good teams smh

God forbid someone want to come here for once... anyway EDD would have been stuck in a place she didn't like for her prime because of the unfair "core" designation that, to my knowledge, no other well known pro league has. Anyway, Mystics fans deserved that after getting screwed out of winning the chance to draft a superstar multiple times.

The core designation is great for the league. It gives star players solid leverage but doesn't completely screw teams over.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/05/18 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This will be the 9th time a player won MVP and played in the finals in the same year. The team with the MVP has won all eight times (1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2016, 2017).

PostPosted: 09/05/18 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Shades wrote:

Who guards who? The match-ups in this serious are intriguing. Both teams have multi-skilled posts. Both teams have good benches. And both teams shoot the 3 really well.

For the Storm:

Bird on Cloud
Loyd on Atkins
Clark on Toliver
Howard on EDD
Stewie on Sanders

For the Mystics i wonder who is going to defend Clark because they want their best perimeter defenders on Loyd and Bird but that will result in a big mismatch for Toliver. So they might switch Toliver to Bird when Clark starts posting her up

Cloud on Bird
Atkins on Loyd
Toliver on Clark??
EDD on Howard
Sanders on Stewie

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/05/18 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

God forbid someone want to come here for once... anyway EDD would have been stuck in a place she didn't like for her prime because of the unfair "core" designation that, to my knowledge, no other well known pro league has. Anyway, Mystics fans deserved that after getting screwed out of winning the chance to draft a superstar multiple times.

It's collectively bargained. If the players don't like it, they can do something about instead.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/05/18 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lower bowl appears nearly sold-out. Have to imagine they'll open up half of the upper bowl tomorrow for sales.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
craigmont

PostPosted: 09/05/18 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a relief to be done with Griner and Bonner, but I'm not sleeping on the 'Stics. They've got shooters and are young, fast, and athletic.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/05/18 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
It's a relief to be done with Griner and Bonner, but I'm not sleeping on the 'Stics. They've got shooters and are young, fast, and athletic.

They are pretty similar to the Storm really. They get contributions from a lot of players and all their starters. Also Toliver always kills us. So hopefully Clark can continue her stellar defense and try to limit Toliver as much as she can.

Just looked at last regular season game between the Mystics and Storm and how the matchups were:

Toliver was guarding Bird, Cloud was on Loyd and Atkins on Clark.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/05/18 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want the Storm to win this series.

PostPosted: 09/05/18 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
You can take the GWH moniker from my cold, dead hands. #HateHard

I love you, man! Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/05/18 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
First of all, I’m soooo happy Phoenix lost.

I’m torn about who I want to win the finals. Washington because they’ve never been here before but the only reason they are here is because a superstar demanded a trade to Washington or else. The Mystics in my opinion didn’t EARN this trip to the finals, they were gifted it when EDD demanded the trade. On the other hand, like I said, it would be great to see a new team win for once. So I guess I will root for Washington just because I want a new team to win.

Now, will Washington win? No. In my opinion, Seattle wins the series either in 3 games or 4 games. Probably 4. Sure, Washington has EDD, but she’s really the only one you can sorta count on every single game. Seattle has too much for the Mystics to handle. Add that Seattle has home court advantage and will also have home cooking from the refs.

You do know Elena wanted to play for the Mystics to be closer to her sister

Yes I know that. That’s what I mean, Washington did nothing itself to get better, they were gifted EDD.

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/05/18 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know about this line of reasoning. The Storm's success can mostly be put down to winning the draft lottery 4 times when there was an obvious #1 pick.

Is that so much different than EDD wanting to play for Washington?

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/05/18 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3-1 Storm

Likely
3-0

PostPosted: 09/05/18 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:

In most sports leagues, top players want to play for teams that are well run and have a history of success. That does not describe the Mystics.

PostPosted: 09/05/18 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
craigmont wrote:

In most sports leagues, top players want to play for teams that are well run and have a history of success. That does not describe the Mystics.

I've always wondered about the Sky organization. Dupree, Prince, Delle Donne and Fowles all asked to be traded out of Chicago. Hopefully DeShields isn't next.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 09/05/18 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
craigmont wrote:

I've always wondered about the Sky organization. Dupree, Prince, Delle Donne and Fowles all asked to be traded out of Chicago. Hopefully DeShields isn't next.

The Sky need to work on their coaching evaluation. The thoroughly mediocre Pokey Chatman is the best they've had.

PostPosted: 09/05/18 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Ugh. GWH versus the Compiler. No matter who wins, I lose.

I believe people need to get rid of that GWH moniker for Elena who is a true star in the WNBA. Elena has practically being doing a Willis Reed since Game 4, she deserves her props.

It doesn't really fit EDD very well, given the historical connotations.

OTOH, on some level the WNBA has to be happy with a finals that has her, Bird, and Stewart as the big names instead of the alternatives, even if they'll never admit it.

PostPosted: 09/05/18 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
craigmont wrote:

Yeah, but they have Thibault, a well respected coach that most players would like to play for.

PostPosted: 09/06/18 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
I don't know about this line of reasoning. The Storm's success can mostly be put down to winning the draft lottery 4 times when there was an obvious #1 pick.

The Mystics, as already mentioned, have been a historically poorly run franchise. The only thing they did to "earn" Delle Donne is have the coincidence of being the team that is geographically closest to where she grew up, and you're asking whether that's any different from Seattle winning the lottery multiple times?

Of course it's different. The only way those two things could be similar is if the Storm didn't have the top pick in, say, 2016, and then Breanna Stewart had told the team that took her #1 that she was going to hold out, unless they traded her to Seattle.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/06/18 2:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
craigmont wrote:

The Mystics, as already mentioned, have been a historically poorly run franchise. The only thing they did to "earn" Delle Donne is have the coincidence of being the team that is geographically closest to where she grew up, and you're asking whether that's any different from Seattle winning the lottery multiple times?

Of course it's different. The only way those two things could be similar is if the Storm didn't have the top pick in, say, 2016, and then Breanna Stewart had told the team that took her #1 that she was going to hold out, unless they traded her to Seattle.

Both teams got lucky.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/06/18 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Which was my point in the first place. Either that or enter the tin foil hat zone of lottery conspiracies and the like.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/06/18 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
craigmont wrote:

The Mystics must be doing something right because they're still standing after 20 years while other franchise (Charlotte, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston Miami, Orlando, Portland, San Antonio, Sacramento, Tulsa, Utah) are no longer playing in those cities.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/06/18 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
craigmont wrote:

The Mystics must be doing something right because they're still standing after 20 years while other franchise (Charlotte, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston Miami, Orlando, Portland, San Antonio, Sacramento, Tulsa, Utah) are no longer playing in those cities.

That's a bit ironic because just based on the posts I read here, they have the 2nd most hated owners in the WNBA being second only to the Hideous Lord Jimmy.* Mystics fans have heaped a lot of abuse on the owners and there was much chagrin about the deal to build a new arena** to house the Wizards practice facility and the Mystics home games for the next 20 years. RebKell Fans may hate them, but they have been supportive of their team.

* Apparently not hated enough by Mystics fan to inspire a catchy epithet.
**Said to be too small and in a dangerous part of the community.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/06/18 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if Washington wins the championship, I will never refer to them as the "Mystakes" again

#NATC

PostPosted: 09/06/18 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
if Washington wins the championship, I will never refer to them as the "Mystakes" again

Go Storm!!

Twisted Evil

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: