RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA free-agency winners and losers (ESPN)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zune69

PostPosted: 04/05/18 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm...How did Bone have a 3.2 "Per" last season if she didn't play a game?...and if he's referring to the 3.2 post trade "Per" Bone had with Phoenix in 2016,why not include Bone's pre-trade "Per" with Connecticut which was 12.2 ?

BTW,Bone was a 15p/6r all-star in 2015 with a "Per" of 19.8...And she's still only 26 yrs old.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/05/18 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Or she just might've been talking about this - https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/04/05/espn-broadcast-cuts-away-lakers-spurs-potential-game-winning-shot/488432002/ - which she retweeted a clip of immediately afterwards...

Gotta maintain plausible deniability Laughing

Well sue did post about this on her Instagram Daily Feed also , so this could be legit.

Good catch Richyyy

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/05/18 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Hmm...How did Bone have a 3.2 "Per" last season if she didn't play a game?...and if he's referring to the 3.2 post trade "Per" Bone had with Phoenix in 2016,why not include Bone's pre-trade "Per" with Connecticut which was 12.2 ?

BTW,Bone was a 15p/6r all-star in 2015 with a "Per" of 19.8...And she's still only 26 yrs old.

Zune this crossed my mind also , when they stated her PER from last year. Im like she didnt even play Laughing Bone & Aja could be force in this league .

PostPosted: 04/05/18 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
An excellent article, except for the references to the "deep draft." The Sims' thing is very odd -- but there are ways around salary issues. She could be working for Magic Johnson on the side for $50,000.

I am an ESPN Insider subscriber. The content of this article read like an piece about NBA free agency - which is a HUGE compliment. There were references to advanced stats (e.g., TS %, PER, etc.). There was salary cap information, which is a HUGE tidbit, as there is usually a caveat in any article announcing a WNBA free agent signing about terms of the respective deal not being disclosed. There was analysis from WNBA GMs about players and their impact.

All-in-all, I LOVED the piece. Rather than some of the ESPNW pieces that we have seen - what players like to cook and eat before meals (which has its place and is now being done for both male and female athletes), interesting Instagram stories, etc. - this was more in line of what one would expect from a post-free agency article about the NBA winners and losers.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/05/18 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Zune this crossed my mind also , when they stated her PER from last year. Im like she didnt even play Laughing Bone & Aja could be force in this league .

Will not be shocked if Vegas sneaks into the playoffs,especially if they make one more trade.

BelloFratello

PostPosted: 04/05/18 3:11 pm    ::: Dov'è Cecilia? Reply Reply with quote

Is Cecilia Zandalasini not going to join Minnesota this year?

PostPosted: 04/05/18 3:24 pm    ::: Re: Dov'è Cecilia? Reply Reply with quote

BelloFratello wrote:
Is Cecilia Zandalasini not going to join Minnesota this year?

She was signed. Did you hear something about her?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/05/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More about Eli Horowitz, the ESPN article's author:

Twitter
https://twitter.com/coachhorowitz13?lang=en

Bio and Projects:
https://elihorowitz.contently.com/

Basketball Coach & Analyst
NBA & WNBA Reporter
Caltech assistant men's basketball coach
Bylines: ESPN, SB Nation, Bballbreakdown, WNBAinsidr and more.
Ed: Columbia Graduate School of Journalism, Vanderbilt University.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/05/18 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty still don't have Charles signed. A bit worrisome, but I doubt she goes elsewhere(at least this season).

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/05/18 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Liberty still don't have Charles signed. A bit worrisome, but I doubt she goes elsewhere(at least this season).

You sure or you just doubt ? Cool Cool

PostPosted: 04/05/18 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I doubt she goes elsewhere this season. She might be trying to get a one year deal, test things out in Westchester and if the Liberty don't get out of Westchester for 2019, she'll opt to sign with someone else.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/05/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I doubt she goes elsewhere this season. She might be trying to get a one year deal, test things out in Westchester and if the Liberty don't get out of Westchester for 2019, she'll opt to sign with someone else.

Thats what id believe but if those are the stipulations whats so hard about putting it in writing ? She knows they will play in Westchester this season and we both can agree she could care less about the WNBA paycheck . So what else could be holding things up ? Maybe a coach ? Question Question

PostPosted: 04/05/18 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One thing that made me laugh was the idea B. January could guard Maya Laughing

- Amanda Gorman
jap

PostPosted: 04/06/18 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ClayK wrote:
An excellent article, except for the references to the "deep draft." The Sims' thing is very odd -- but there are ways around salary issues. She could be working for Magic Johnson on the side for $50,000.

There are rules about that sort of thing.

Then again, this is the Sparks we're talking about...

Do the rules really apply to us? Laughing

PostPosted: 04/06/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still trying to figure out how Seattle got suckered into giving up their 2019 1st rd pk for a UFA.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/06/18 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Still trying to figure out how Seattle got suckered into giving up their 2019 1st rd pk for a UFA.

a) They didn't, it's a pick swap, so they're backing themselves to be good and for it therefore to not be too much of a cost.
b) Howard was an RFA.

PostPosted: 04/06/18 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:

a) They didn't, it's a pick swap, so they're backing themselves to be good and for it therefore to not be too much of a cost.
b) Howard was an RFA.

My bad.RFA is what I meant to say.The swapping of 1st rd picks is just window dressing IMO.Minnesota at best will get the 11th pk in the draft,while Seattle will have an outside shot at getting a lottery pk.I believe Howard can be a legit 14p/6r player.But in order for her to reach those numbers,Howard will need to play 24-28 minutes.This means more minutes for Stewart at the center position Rolling Eyes....Seattle will benifit from this trade if Howard can take her game to the next level,or if the Storm finish with a top 6 record with Howard being a solid contributor off the bench...Just don't end up getting a top 6 pick.

I'd be very upset if Minny was able to add one of these players to their roster in 2019:

Kalani Brown
Napheesa Collier
Teaira McCowan
Katie Lou Samuelson

Trading Brown/McCowen would be an option.

Last edited by zune69 on 04/06/18 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/06/18 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, I didn't like it either for Seattle. I was just, y'know, pointing out that someone was wrong on the internet Wink.

PostPosted: 04/06/18 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Hey, I didn't like it either for Seattle. I was just, y'know, pointing out that someone was wrong on the internet Wink.

Razz

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/06/18 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Razz

If the Storm miss the playoffs and give the Lynx a lotterty pick then their GM should be fired..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 04/06/18 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Razz

If the Storm miss the playoffs and give the Lynx a lotterty pick then their GM should be fired..

+1

Seattle's made some poor decisions over the last 2 seasons:

1.Not signing K.Thomas
2.Trading the #6 & #18 pks in the 2017 draft for Swords & the #15 pk

Let's see how the Howard trade turns out.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 04/06/18 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Yes if Sims took the deal because she likes being in LA and they will offer her a max deal next year (she will still technically be a RFA) then it does show a great commitment to the team.

As a RFA she did have the option to sign another deal and force LA to match, I would be shocked if no one offered her a max deal or at least a substantially better deal, (you don't really have to be great to get max in the W just top 5 or 6 on your respective team) so I am assuming Sims chose the LA scenario.

That's what I found surprising. She hasn't been there long, and that is a lot of loyalty to show to take a cut that is half of your potential salary. There must be other reasons that she likes LA.
How much is playoff bonus? I know its probably not as much as salary she lost but Sims has a real shot to win ring plus she loves her team.I doubt LA would have even thought of signing Cappie if RWilliam didnt have a bad season.Im not saying this to knock her cause I was hoping she had a comeback season after her bad injury for herself & LA. Sparks didnt really have any scoring off the bench Lav was the only option and even she had a down season from 2016 which is why Dabovic Cappie both got signed.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 04/06/18 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Razz

'

And if not, does the Lynx GM get fired for being the only person in history to get ripped off by the Seattle Storm in trading one of the WNBA's most talented players for basically the right to a piece of stale pre-chewed gum? Mad

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/07/18 4:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Razz

'

And if not, does the Lynx GM get fired for being the only person in history to get ripped off by the Seattle Storm in trading one of the WNBA's most talented players for basically the right to a piece of stale pre-chewed gum? Mad

They probably would have lost her anyway. Storm just couldnt take the risk of offering her max and the small chance of Lynx maxing that

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 04/07/18 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Razz

'

They probably would have lost her anyway. Storm just couldnt take the risk of offering her max and the small chance of Lynx maxing that

Then I am outraged that the Lynx are too cheap to pay top players! Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: