60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Sky
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/24/17 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sloot looked really tired during her interview. Makes me wonder how tired Kayla McBride and the Sparks players was considering they came back immediately following that Turkey series.

Last edited by lynxmania on 05/24/17 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 05/24/17 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky ain't going to win any games shooting 30%.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
bullsky

PostPosted: 05/24/17 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Breland is terrible.

PostPosted: 05/24/17 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can only blame this lose for the Sky on poor shooting. Cappie's a great fill in PG. Dolson did well as did Parker off the bench. Young has suddenly become an offensive threat. Breland & Boyette we're useless. Poor bench production by the Sky.

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/24/17 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Can only blame this lose for the Sky on poor shooting. Cappie's a great fill in PG. Dolson did well as did Parker off the bench. Young has suddenly become an offensive threat. Breland & Boyette we're useless. Poor bench production by the Sky.

It's pretty clear Epps can't defend. I guess it's still pretty early but if that doesn't change, I don't see why we keep her instead of pursuing another PG. Harris stays for now only because she's an easy cut once Coates is healthy.

My patience is running very thin with Breland. She is so hot and cold. To be honest, on a team this young, she should be doing more.

PostPosted: 05/24/17 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PGs have always seemed to be the most in need of in the league. We see too often SGs forced to play PG and several teams lack any true back-up PG.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/24/17 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
PGs have always seemed to be the most in need of in the league. We see too often SGs forced to play PG and several teams lack any true back-up PG.

This________________x

PostPosted: 05/24/17 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great loss today. Way to rebound. Proud of my team!

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/24/17 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Funny thing is, having EDD gone from Chicago will be better in the long run. They won't be that great this season but they're better off without her and ballhog diva attitude.

EDD and Toliver might make Washington a little bit better but it won't make them any where near championship quality. Both are selfish players on the court. Plus, the addition of EDD has completely taken Meesseman's game from her. And while Mike Thibault may still be a good coach, he's also an old fossil and his plays and strategies have become old and stale in my opinion.

I hate these stupid camp days. Hate the screaming kids and 'paid' attendance for these early afternoon games is usually atrocious. Wouldn't the team make more money in ticket sales by playing night games like they usually do?

I can't believe Vandersloot is STILL not in Chicago. What good is a starting point guard if she's not even with the team. She's going to come back, way behind the other players in terms of learning plays from the new coach and all the new Sky teammates will take a while to get used to her and her them.

From the Mystics viewpoint: the offseason moves are a bit mixed so far in results.
1. EDD can be a great offensive weapon, no denying that.
2. The Meeseman at Center experiment is a bust.
3. KTO is not the offensive weapon she has been (so far) and is still small and a poor defender
4. Dolson is outplaying Meeseman so far this season.
5. Krystal Thomas is doing exactly what she's doing throughout her WNBA career: post defense and occasional putbacks in a small number of minutes
6. SWK might develop into a Tayler Hill level player and it would be nice if at least one of them showed up every game.

I cannot speak to EDD as a team member. Cappie causes problems wherever she is so I can easily see friction between the two of them. Of the two, only Cappie has created major social blunders, offensive to many fans. The primary negative with the addition of EDD to the Mystics is the disappearance of Meeseman. Emma and Elena's games are too similar and Emma is too willing to defer. They are both best at PF. Not sure what Mike T's gonna do with this.

+/- from this game (from Mystics viewpoint:

1. THawk's scoring and rebounding returned +
2. TRP continued her strong defensive, rebounding a glue playing AND added some offense ++
3. EDD scored AND rebounded +
4. KTO shooting slump continues BUT she got some great assists
5. Emma continues to slump - - -
6. Tayler Hill provided no offense - the primary purpose of the SG on the team; Latta shot well but her and KTO together is the tiniest backcourt in the league - +
7. Cloud is GREAT as a backup at 1-3 +

This team needs a strong, physical center who can provide more offense than K.Thomas can. Sort of a Kia Vaughn clone since she's now in NY. I understand a veteran salary had to go to make room for KTO, but that does not seem to be the best move.

~rAf
tfan

PostPosted: 05/24/17 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

LOL. If I remember right, you sit courtside and have to wonder who you cheer for during the game and with what colors on.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/24/17 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Imani Boyette went from a starter to third string this game. Dolson played 31 minutes at center and Boyette only played 2. Parker must have gotten the other 7. Hope that she isn't in the doghouse.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 05/24/17 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fun game for social watching.

EDD guarding Dolson for a while, was interesting.
Quigley as a rebounding machine, what?!

Did they say why Boyette got almost no playing time?

sigur3

PostPosted: 05/24/17 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

LOL. If I remember right, you sit courtside and have to wonder who you cheer for during the game and with what colors on.

I do. It's probably not the best use of my money but this might be my last year as a season ticket holder (grad school+inevitable move to a far less convenient location in Chicago) so whatever. It's still enjoyable either way. There's nothing like the WNBA game at eye level no matter how apathetic I am.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 05/24/17 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quigley played but not Vandersloot? Is Courtney the next to request a trade from Chicago or is she hurt or still oversees??

PostPosted: 05/24/17 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I truly have to wonder if Thibault would consider trading Meesseman. She simply can not play center. I also have to wonder hat his plan is when Emma is out for three weeks.

sigur3

PostPosted: 05/24/17 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Quigley played but not Vandersloot? Is Courtney the next to request a trade from Chicago or is she hurt or still oversees??

She was in attendance but technically not with the team. I'm thinking it's because she'll be playing for Hungary in the upcoming Eurobasket competition.

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/24/17 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

She was in attendance but technically not with the team. I'm thinking it's because she'll be playing for Hungary in the upcoming Eurobasket competition.

Isn't Quigley playing in that same tournament, though? The tournament also isn't until mid June IIRC. I'm not sure if that's it. Maybe she just needed more rest.

PostPosted: 05/24/17 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So weren't Quigley and CVS both in Turkey? If so, then why didn't CVS play too?

I still don't get the Kahleah Copper excitement. Seems like a pretty generic WNBA wing.

EDD doubled her assist total -- to two.

Nice game from TRP. Found a home as a do-everything small forward. And Cloud buried a three at a key moment.

Chicago just didn't look that good.

PostPosted: 05/24/17 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just now watching the game via DVR and WOAH did anyone else see dolson get away with that peoples elbow to Messemans Throat in the 1st Qtr? Thibault Got the Technical foul instantly after. He screamed for Ref Tiffany Bird To review the play and all 3 refs ignored him #Wow The league has to take a look at that. Dont want to hear she was boxing out either bc you dont box out a player from the neck up ! #DirtyDirtyDolson

PostPosted: 05/24/17 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

Isn't Quigley playing in that same tournament, though? The tournament also isn't until mid June IIRC. I'm not sure if that's it. Maybe she just needed more rest.

Smells wierd ; most of the time Quig and Sloot are on the same accord.

PostPosted: 05/24/17 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

No, only one naturalized player is allowed per team (thanks, Richard!). Rest could also be a factor but I'm guessing they're just giving her a break before she heads out again, rather than asking her to learn a new offense in short order just to have her leave in another week. Quigley is easier to incorporate, anyway.

boogiezen

PostPosted: 05/24/17 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Funny thing is, having EDD gone from Chicago will be better in the long run. They won't be that great this season but they're better off without her and ballhog diva attitude.

EDD and Toliver might make Washington a little bit better but it won't make them any where near championship quality. Both are selfish players on the court. Plus, the addition of EDD has completely taken Meesseman's game from her. And while Mike Thibault may still be a good coach, he's also an old fossil and his plays and strategies have become old and stale in my opinion.

I hate these stupid camp days. Hate the screaming kids and 'paid' attendance for these early afternoon games is usually atrocious. Wouldn't the team make more money in ticket sales by playing night games like they usually do?

I can't believe Vandersloot is STILL not in Chicago. What good is a starting point guard if she's not even with the team. She's going to come back, way behind the other players in terms of learning plays from the new coach and all the new Sky teammates will take a while to get used to her and her them.

Stay salty. Laughing

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
tfan

PostPosted: 05/24/17 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V0HIVwbSkZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ff9zQli3cck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p51dDfWPfsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tfan

PostPosted: 05/25/17 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They teams sometimes announce some really large crowds on camp day, but today was announced at 6,714. It looks smaller than a normal crowd.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/25/17 5:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Wednesday before Memorial Day weekend probably wasn't a good choice either. The camp days typically do the big numbers in July when schools are out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: