RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dykes resigns
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/06/17 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Read carefully, pat. I was responding to zvyn, who made a snide comment about my pic.

PostPosted: 03/06/17 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree with Pat. You replied to your own snide comment about zvyn3's pic.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/06/17 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:

<snipping a lot of quoted stuff here>

Your picture is worth a thousand words.

summertime blues wrote:

<snipping all the quoted stuff>

I have explained why I changed it. You obviously lack reading comprehension, or don't read all the threads. Sorry for ya.

Now do y'all see it? I'm sorry that all the quoted stuff got in the way. It's the nature of this board.

PostPosted: 03/06/17 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Read carefully, pat. I was responding to zvyn, who made a snide comment about my pic.

What snide comment did I make about your pic?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/06/17 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
pilight wrote:
Dykes was fired. Two days ago he said "I have no plans to go into administration. I have no desire to do anything other than what I'm doing right now. I know I'm exactly where God wants me to be."

God apparently wants Arkansas to win more women's basketball games -- though I would hope he has more important things to worry about.

Maybe the Word On the campus is that there is a proven coach already interested in the location of Fayetteville

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/06/17 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Anyone have insight into the off-court issues? He lost quite a few talented players to transfer...

He ruffled a lot of political and legislative feathers over his support of the players who knelt during the national anthem back in a Nov. game. Internet gossip also says some of the remaining players were threatening to transfer, he had a bad relationship with Ark. AAU teams and was missing out on in-state recruits, and wasn't well-liked in the athletic dept. Take your pick.

summertime blues wrote:
Who does anyone see as a replacement? Arkansas has been kind of a sink since Gary Blair left, lo, these many years ago.

The Ark. sports forums are speculating Joe Foley, who's had at lot of success at UA Little Rock in the Sun Belt, or Ark. native and alum Mike Neighbors.

Last edited by FrozenLVFan on 03/07/17 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
linkster

PostPosted: 03/06/17 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
It pisses me off that they can fire Dykes after three years but Tennessee won't do anything to Warlick after five years of being much worse.

Are you really even a Tennessee fan or do you just like to bitch? You sound just like the "fans on the hill" who whine all the time no matter how things are going---they ALWAYS find something to whine about.

Now granted this year wasn't the best, but there were some fairly good reasons for what happened, and anyway, it's not over yet. Only one team can be champions and if you are going to whine just because you don't get the ring EVERY YEAR, then you are just one of the "fans on the hill". Most schools would be happy with What Holly's does, and her first 4 years were better than Pat's last 4.

To be honest Holly's years have been little different from what Pat accomplished in her last few years. If you judge a coach by how they finish in the NCAA's then Holly deserves more money. But going back to the 2009 season the LV's haven't been as consistent in the regular season as they had been. I can remember many of those halftime tongue lashings we got to watch because Pat's players stunk it up in the first half. Wasn't the loss to Ball St another case of not respecting the opponent, much like the loss to Bama? And since the 2008 season while there have been zero FF's Holly has only been in charge for about half of those years. If there is a problem at Tenn it goes deeper than Holly and goes back further than Hart.

In a more general general sense, it makes little difference who the coach is if the school doesn't give them the resources to build a successful program. Today a coach needs a big recruiting budget and be able to pay competitive salaries to lure top assistants. I'd be interested in seeing Arkansas' wbb budget. WBB State used to give budgets and how a school ranked. No longer.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/06/17 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
In a more general general sense, it makes little difference who the coach is if the school doesn't give them the resources to build a successful program. Today a coach needs a big recruiting budget and be able to pay competitive salaries to lure top assistants. I'd be interested in seeing Arkansas' wbb budget. WBB State used to give budgets and how a school ranked. No longer.

$3.3M in 2014-15 per http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/pdf/athletics/2014-15/annual-report.pdf , which was about half the MBB published budget.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/06/17 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe they should hire Christyn Williams's AAU coach, whoever it is.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/06/17 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds like whoever comes in has MAJOR bridges to rebuild

It was a slap in the face to many that doofus was hired in the first place.

The poster child for Arky Women's Basketball, Christy Smith, was hired to appease the public but he was rumored to have been so dismissive to her that she left after two years

He was the poster boy for meeting with the public his first two years as celeb du noir but all goodwill faded when he backed his players decision to kneel.

Probably lots of truth that AAU and high school teams in the state never took him seriously.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 03/06/17 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:

summertime blues wrote:

I have explained why I changed it. You obviously lack reading comprehension, or don't read all the threads. Sorry for ya.

Now do y'all see it? I'm sorry that all the quoted stuff got in the way. It's the nature of this board.

You were the one who said "Your picture is worth a thousand words," then responded to your own snide comment about my pic. I don't know what you were looking at.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/07/17 7:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Y'all are theoretically on the same side, right? Cool your heads.

For what it's worth, zyvn, I read most threads in this place (occupational hazard) and I didn't see why you chose to switch off the Candace Parker avatar.

PostPosted: 03/07/17 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
For what it's worth, zyvn, I read most threads in this place (occupational hazard) and I didn't see why you chose to switch off the Candace Parker avatar.

Laughing This thread is becoming comically Twilight-Zonish. Zvyn never claimed that he explained his avatar change. Go to post #23 in this thread. That's where it gets bizarre. Shocked Razz Laughing

PostPosted: 03/07/17 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:

summertime blues wrote:

You were the one who said "Your picture is worth a thousand words," then responded to your own snide comment about my pic. I don't know what you were looking at.

I did not say that, so don't project. YOU did. Now quit and drop it.

PostPosted: 03/07/17 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:

summertime blues wrote:

I did not say that, so don't project. YOU did. Now quit and drop it.

I give up. Clearly you've lost it.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/07/17 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holy cow, even Jimmy Dykes doesn't deserve to have his thread hijacked this far.

greatgator

PostPosted: 03/07/17 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
It pisses me off that they can fire Dykes after three years but Tennessee won't do anything to Warlick after five years of being much worse.

Are you really even a Tennessee fan or do you just like to bitch? You sound just like the "fans on the hill" who whine all the time no matter how things are going---they ALWAYS find something to whine about.

Now granted this year wasn't the best, but there were some fairly good reasons for what happened, and anyway, it's not over yet. Only one team can be champions and if you are going to whine just because you don't get the ring EVERY YEAR, then you are just one of the "fans on the hill". Most schools would be happy with What Holly's does, and her first 4 years were better than Pat's last 4.

Do I really have to spell this out for you? Because I really don't feel like doing it.

Huh?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/07/17 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Never mind. I withdraw from this thread. I was wrong and screwed up .

PostPosted: 03/07/17 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They have to reach out to Neighbors. He is from Fort Smith, Arkansas and his ex wife and kids live in Arkansas. He did just sign a multi year deal, but I doubt the buyout is out of reach. I have no idea if he would be interested, but they certainly have to make the call.

I think the FGCU HC, Karl Smesko is going to land a big job somewhere very soon.

ClayK

PostPosted: 03/08/17 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My understanding is that Neighbor's buyout is not that huge ... and that he's not making big bucks, relatively speaking, at Washington.

Even though UW is still playing, I would suspect some preliminary discussions are under way.

PostPosted: 03/08/17 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
My understanding is that Neighbor's buyout is not that huge ... and that he's not making big bucks, relatively speaking, at Washington.

Even though UW is still playing, I would suspect some preliminary discussions are under way.

Makes sense. And 'graduating' with Plum and Osahar is a logical step. But trading Seattle for Fayetteville? HELL, no! LOL!

PlayBally'all wrote:
I think the FGCU HC, Karl Smesko is going to land a big job somewhere very soon.

Um, yess. Karl is amazing, and--my man-crush on him aside--he could do well just about anywhere, on any stage. That said, he IS an Ohio boy, and recruits the NE well....I still say he should have had the Ohio State job over McGuff, and then we wouldn't even have needed this thread! Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: