#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
PG: Bird/Whalen/Sims
SG: Taurasi/Diggins
SF: Moore/Delle Donne
PF: Parker/ Stewart
C: Griner/Fowles/Charles
Last 3 cut Augustus, McCoughtry, N. Ogwumike

final 12

You know they cut Diggins before so they won't be shy about doing it again, especially when it comes down to the notion of cutting those names.

Diggins is gonna have to be the WNBA MVP in 2015 to reach that kind of credibility to bump those names that are in their prime. We'll see, but I can't really see that happening. Sims is iffy too. Stewart should be iffy, but she's getting Geno's red carpet treatment.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 05/01/15 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
zune69

PostPosted: 05/01/15 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

So it isnt about the fight with Glory. It's about her pleading guilty and admitting that she fought Glory Question

Yes.

Isnt the first step admit what you did wrong and move on from it and try to better yourself Laughing You want her to lie and then it would be all good Rolling Eyes

Just because someone admits wrong doing does not exempt them from punishment.If Johnson's sister had not call the police,Griner and Johnson would still be in a violent relationship.All Griner did was take a plea deal to get the domestic violence charge dropped.

Last edited by zune69 on 05/01/15 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total
LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 05/01/15 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

final 12

You know they cut Diggins before so they won't be shy about doing it again, especially when it comes down to the notion of cutting those names.

Diggins is gonna have to be the WNBA MVP in 2015 to reach that kind of credibility to bump those names that are in their prime. We'll see, but I can't really see that happening. Sims is iffy too.

Bird and Whalen are not going to be in their prime in 2016 far from it. Bird especially will just be making the team because she is sue bird and he is geno. Don't tell me that you don't believe odyssey and Danielle are not better than sue right now because they are but sue has her name to fall back on

Last edited by LosLynxAngeles on 05/01/15 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
justintyme

PostPosted: 05/01/15 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:
Shades wrote:

final 12

Diggins is gonna have to be the WNBA MVP in 2015 to reach that kind of credibility to bump those names that are in their prime. We'll see, but I can't really see that happening. Sims is iffy too.

Bird and Whalen are not going to be in their prime in 2016 far from it. Bird especially will just be making the team because she is a sue bird and he is geno. Don't tell me that you don't brlrorbr odyssey and Danielle are not better than sue right now because they are but sue has her name to fall back on

Oh, I brlrorbr it all right! Wink Very Happy

PostPosted: 05/01/15 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:
Shades wrote:

final 12

Bird and Whalen are not going to be in their prime in 2016 far from it. Bird especially will just be making the team because she is a sue bird and he is geno. Don't tell me that you don't brlrorbr odyssey and Danielle are not better than sue right now because they are but sue has her name to fall back on

I was talking about Occasional's "last three cut" as being in their prime and also gold medalists previously. It's going to take a lot to bump them.

Whalen is the top PG in the league right now, and this is probably her last Olympics.

Bird..... we can't really talk about her without breaking the internet. Let's just say she gets the royalty position. She'll have to retire of her own accord to be off the team.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/01/15 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

final 12

Diggins is gonna have to be the WNBA MVP in 2015 to reach that kind of credibility to bump those names that are in their prime. We'll see, but I can't really see that happening. Sims is iffy too. Stewart should be iffy, but she's getting Geno's red carpet treatment.

so true. But all the cuts will be difficult. I have to think even Parker and Fowles are iffy. And if there is an injury or two, the team will just plug in another great player. I have to think this will be one of the toughest teams all time. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at training camp.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 05/01/15 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
pilight wrote:
Nobody said anything about Jantel Lavender being in the pool after she beat up her boyfriend.

So because there was a failure to act before, we must always live with a failure to act?

Kind of a whole "two wrongs make a right" kind of logic.

That's not why people are clambering for action now. The identity of the perp is what's driving this movement.

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
Shades

PostPosted: 05/01/15 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:

final 12

so true. But all the cuts will be difficult. I have to think even Parker and Fowles are iffy. And if there is an injury or two, the team will just plug in another great player. I have to think this will be one of the toughest teams all time. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at training camp.

Isn't it time FIBA or Olympics allows the USA to have a B team? The USA deserves Gold and Silver. Wink

justintyme

PostPosted: 05/01/15 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:
pilight wrote:
Nobody said anything about Jantel Lavender being in the pool after she beat up her boyfriend.

So because there was a failure to act before, we must always live with a failure to act?

That's not why people are clambering for action now. The identity of the perp is what's driving this movement.

I agree that the identity of the perp should not be the motivating factor.

But as the article you linked in the other thread pointed out, there has been a history of inaction when it comes to domestic violence. That is not a good thing, and the institution of such a policy would not be unwelcome to me.

But I do think if you institute such a policy, it should be for future cases. Never been a fan of retroactive discipline policy.

PostPosted: 05/01/15 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

final 12

Diggins will be on the team as soon as Geno's not the coach.

Hartley and Dolson won't be on the team as soon as Geno's not the coach.

Stewart will be on the team deservedly or not because Geno is the coach.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/01/15 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:

final 12

Diggins will probably not be on the team when Sims is on the team

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
dtsnms

PostPosted: 05/01/15 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:

final 12

Ah yes, it's all about Geno, all the time.... Rolling Eyes

LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 05/01/15 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:

final 12

Ah yes, it's all about Geno, all the time.... Rolling Eyes

well it would be nice if he at least had some what of a system but almost everything he does seems to point to the uconn players. He had Breanna Stewart on the team over some vets because right now she is better than them but he had sue bird on the team over sky and robinson bc she is an experienced veteran. and invited dolson and hartley knowing that they weren't going to make the final team over players who were on the border. just my thoughts. either go with the best players or bc of their name but not a little of both

ucdt3

PostPosted: 05/01/15 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:

final 12

And Hartley and Dolson were never on the team. Learn your facts.
pilight

PostPosted: 05/01/15 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dolson being invited is particularly interesting, given that the woman who starts ahead of her in Washington is also American and is not in the pool.

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
dtsnms

PostPosted: 05/01/15 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was the anti-UConn, anti-Geno nonsense from the World Championships that led me to leave the board for several months.

I can see we're going to head that way again if I read this stuff.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/01/15 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:

final 12

I have a feeling he meant they won't even be considered for the initial pool.

ucdt3

PostPosted: 05/01/15 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Dolson being invited is particularly interesting, given that the woman who starts ahead of her in Washington is also American and is not in the pool.

But has been in the past. And besides, if Dolson improves even slightly from last season....she may warrant the starting job anyway.
ucdt3

PostPosted: 05/01/15 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:

final 12

I don't particularly care what he meant or didn't mean. What he said was inaccurate. And solely meant to prove his unfounded point.
bballgrl

PostPosted: 05/01/15 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:
pilight wrote:

You are correct. It is about the identity of the perp. Some seem to forget that there were 2 people fighting. Plus, Griner has already started a 26 week program which Zune69 seems to have forgotten or prefers to ignore.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/01/15 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Same thing last year.

But yeah, Geno being the coach has nothing to do with it. Rolling Eyes

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/01/15 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
It was the anti-UConn, anti-Geno nonsense from the World Championships that led me to leave the board for several months.

Because none of it could ever be true, right?

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/01/15 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Because none of it could ever be true, right?

I like and admire Geno a lot, but he clearly does have his preferences/prejudices (he is human after all) and why shouldn't people point them out when they see/perceive them? No big deal. And you can have a different opinion. Just don't take it personally.

As far as the team goes, I think it's reasonable to take a couple of 'youngsters' to keep the flow going for the future. But at the same time it's pretty hard to leave off some of the deserving vets. I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make those decisions.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/01/15 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
Shades wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:

final 12

I don't particularly care what he meant or didn't mean. What he said was inaccurate. And solely meant to prove his unfounded point.

No actually what I wrote was 100% accurate and what you wrote in your usual rush to provide a knee-jerk defense of all things UConn is wrong.

Nobody said this is the Olympic Roster, and players will be added and players will be cut to get to that roster, but according to USA Basketball this is at this time the USA Basketball Womens National Team.

You can get a bad case of arthritis in your knees doing that so often.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/01/15 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:

You are correct. It is about the identity of the perp. Some seem to forget that there were 2 people fighting. Plus, Griner has already started a 26 week program which Zune69 seems to have forgotten or prefers to ignore.

And only one pleaded guilty.If two people are arrested,and one of them pleads guilty while no charges are filed against the second person,do we punish them equally ? Griner pleaded guilty,Glory Johnson has not been charged with a crime.I've never made one negative comment about Griner.She pled guilty to a crime.I feel that the league should hold her accountable for her actions,Period.

Last edited by zune69 on 05/01/15 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 2 of 50

Jump to: