Where will Cash end up?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 04/16/14 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Str8_Butta wrote:
Who the hell is KML? Lo! I straining my brain to find out who that is. Laughing

Ohhhhh lol, I thought you all meant someone who is already in the league. Yea I like her, she does need to drop a few pounds tho!

PostPosted: 04/16/14 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Cash will sign with LA or Tulsa.And why is everyone projecting KML to play SF for Tulsa ? You already have a small backcourt with Diggins,Sims,Goodrich and Williams.No need for a undersized SF.she's 5'11 at the most.When she's in shape,she's a SG imo.KML needs to put down the pork chops.She's clearly a hard worker,but she needs to control her diet.

wouldn't mind seeing her in la. . although not sure how much PT she would get. . i would definitely see her as an upgrade over hoffman. . i would not, however, like penny toler to give her a thre year deal. . one preferably, two at most

agreed re: KML. . i know she has always been a bit "thick" but in the NCAA tourney, i was like "dayum". . no denying the girl has a great outside touch, but agree about putting down the pork chop. . LOL

I don't think any LA fans would oppose having Swintayla coming off our bench, however wasn't she cored by Pokey? I cant see Penny paying her max dollars. Do we even have enough cap space to bring Cash in? Wouldn't it have to be a trade? Maybe we can sign and trade Hoffman and a draft pick for Cash? I think signing her at a reduced rate would be cool. And her and Wiggins could split the 50k off-season $ to promote and market for the Sparks lol

Last edited by hangtyme24 on 04/16/14 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 04/16/14 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McKeesport PA Less than a 4hr drive (232 miles) from Washington, DC

Experience WNBA Coach

20 plus mins. a game playing time

2 young UConn players to mentor

Good fan base

Chance to cultivated a business relationship after retirement with Dr. J

Shades

PostPosted: 04/16/14 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Cash will sign with LA or Tulsa.And why is everyone projecting KML to play SF for Tulsa ? You already have a small backcourt with Diggins,Sims,Goodrich and Williams.No need for a undersized SF.she's 5'11 at the most.When she's in shape,she's a SG imo.KML needs to put down the pork chops.She's clearly a hard worker,but she needs to control her diet.

You are saying this as Courtney Paris' biggest fan?

She's at least 6 foot. She's definitely not small. Our own Lynx reporter calls 5'9 Monica Wright an SF.

Courtney is an embarrassment.I'm a huge fan,but I call it like it is.If she get's cut by the shock you won't hear any complaining from me.And HELL NO!!! To KML being 6 feet tall.I just don't see it.5'11 at the most.

You must not be watching the games. KML has been making a living in the lane this season, outrebounding taller players. SF will be her position, lighter or not.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 04/16/14 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
McKeesport, PA?

Once you're out you don't go back so I would hope that's a nightmare scenario for her. Although we used to play at a fine supper club there three nights a week, Wed, Fri-Sat. Allegedly mob owned.

Seems like such a strange way to end your career at 35 years old. Passing on one-year deal offers because you want a three-year deal? I doubt it's really that or it comes to that. She'll end up somewhere.

And I thought she was way WAY more than just a 'veteran presence' on the last Storm championship juggernaut.

PostPosted: 04/16/14 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's still got some athleticism and she is a good passer. She can still defend at a couple of positions on the court. I can name one team she would definitely put forward an additional level.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/16/14 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pokey should just offer Swin a 2 year max deal and Swin should take it. Problem solved! She wants to be on a championship team and start. She is great for the Sky because they need veteran leadership and Fowles, Prince, EDD and Sloot are not leaders and dont have championship experience

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/16/14 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
As far as going to LA; can the Sparks afford Cash?

Heeeeelllllllll no.

Am I the only one who sees a rather glaring compromise option when one side wants 3 years and the other thinks it should be 1?

PostPosted: 04/16/14 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
i think Tulsa's the best option for Cash now. As far as going to LA; can the Sparks afford Cash?

They shouldn't be able to, but that's never stopped them before.

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 04/16/14 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Heeeeelllllllll no.

Am I the only one who sees a rather glaring compromise option when one side wants 3 years and the other thinks it should be 1?

Let me see is it equal to the number of minutes you had eyes off this thread to type this message? Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/16/14 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Heeeeelllllllll no.

Let me see is it equal to the number of minutes you had eyes off this thread to type this message? Very Happy

Must be a cultural thing. The two Europeans say "do the obvious compromise" while all the Americans argue over where to trade her Wink

PostPosted: 04/16/14 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

You must not be watching the games. KML has been making a living in the lane this season, outrebounding taller players. SF will be her position, lighter or not.

She can come off the bench and play backup SF,but start ? I just don't see it.And outrebounding taller players from BYU & saint Joseph doesn't impress me.Whatever position KML does play,she'll need to improve her conditioning.I think we can agree on that.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/16/14 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
This. Since Detroit, she had one season where she made more 3 pt shots than any season before that or since. Other than that, she has provided some amorphous "veteran leadership." Meanwhile, during this time of declining skills and after her 3 pt shot had left for good, she was included on the Olympic Team and "earned" a Gold Medal from the bench.

Why does anyone care where she goes? She won't have any impact on team standings, except for maybe as "veteran leadership" (mostly on the bench).

So you still mad huh? Laughing

PostPosted: 04/16/14 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Pokey should just offer Swin a 2 year max deal and Swin should take it. Problem solved! She wants to be on a championship team and start. She is great for the Sky because they need veteran leadership and Fowles, Prince, EDD and Sloot are not leaders and dont have championship experience

when does big Syl become a UFA? She needs the core for that.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/16/14 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Next year i think? They re-sgined her to a multiyear deal in 2012. But if Pokey is sure that Fowles isnt going anywhere then there is no need to core her. She just needs to worry about putting a good team around Fowles so that she has room to operate. If she provides that and EDD keeps on improving then i doubt that Fowles will go anywhere..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/16/14 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

For all my suggestions of a compromise, right there you may well have hit on the exact reason Pokey doesn't want to go over 1 year. It's not necessarily about not wanting Swin under contract for that long - it's about the Sky's core spot being tied up for the length of the deal.

That's one of the dangers of coring someone who isn't your star player. And part of the point of the way the rule is structured in the first place.

PostPosted: 04/16/14 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:

Experience WNBA Coach

Good fan base

Oh my God, someone found their membership pass to the Country Club. Been an age and a half since I've seen you around.

PostPosted: 04/16/14 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Experience WNBA Coach

Good fan base

Oh my God, someone found their membership pass to the Country Club. Been an age and a half since I've seen you around.

Yep. apparently VeProf is back to offer wisdom to the Mystics GM. Always good for some amusement. I believe he was Trudi's one and only fan.

~rAf
Randy

PostPosted: 04/16/14 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Heeeeelllllllll no.

Must be a cultural thing. The two Europeans say "do the obvious compromise" while all the Americans argue over where to trade her Wink

I proposed it in the other thread. But trading her gives rise to more fun things to type about. Laughing

The problem with two years is she's getting worse every year. She used to worry me a lot when she was in Seattle. Lately I've been happy to see her on the floor. As far as I know the best argument for keeping her is Myrtle's - she is better than Young. Next year that may no longer be true.

DTP

PostPosted: 04/16/14 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Indiana would be a bad place for her. It would allow Catch the option to stay at the four and give you a veteran to step in for Douglas in the lineup. Cash obviously doesn't provide the option to spread the floor like Douglas does but January, Zellous, and Catch all provide that in their starting 5.

January/Clarendon
Zellous/Pohlen
Cash/Christmas/Coleman
Catchings/Howard
Larkins/Kizer

I doubt they give in on a third year though.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/16/14 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't think Cash is any better than Christmas at this point, so not sure Indy particularly need her.

She's a nice fit in Chicago, helping balance out the defense with EDD, and not dragging them down too much by being unable to shoot any more. Just signing the one-year deal might be a good idea, then go out and play well enough to earn more. DMJ's still in the league for crying out loud - you don't need the long-term contract to be pretty sure of hanging around this league and still getting paid.

PostPosted: 04/16/14 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
McKeesport, PA?

Good one Steve. I'm from McKeesport also. I grew up 5 miles and 30 years from Swin. I go back to visit once in a while but there seem to be less people that I know still there each time that I go.

DTP

PostPosted: 04/16/14 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Don't think Cash is any better than Christmas at this point, so not sure Indy particularly need her.

I would challenge that. I do admit, I didn't get a chance to see Christmas a ton last year but at this point, I think I would still prefer Cash's defense over Christmas. Offensively, Christmas shot 33% from the field last year and 30% from behind the arc. Not exactly lighting it up there... I'd also say Cash is a better rebounder.

If I'm Indiana and I have the cap space, I'd take the gamble if the opportunity presented itself.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/16/14 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

I would challenge that. I do admit, I didn't get a chance to see Christmas a ton last year but at this point, I think I would still prefer Cash's defense over Christmas. Offensively, Christmas shot 33% from the field last year and 30% from behind the arc. Not exactly lighting it up there... I'd also say Cash is a better rebounder.

If I'm Indiana and I have the cap space, I'd take the gamble if the opportunity presented itself.

They play different sorts of roles these days. Cash was defending 4s a fair bit last year depending on who they wanted to keep EDD away from. In Indiana, she might spend most of her time backing up Catch at the 4 rather than alongside her as a 3, which admittedly could be useful cover if Howard doesn't adapt as quickly as they might hope.

Location: South Carolina, United States, North America, Earth

PostPosted: 04/16/14 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
zune69 wrote:

wouldn't mind seeing her in la. . although not sure how much PT she would get. . i would definitely see her as an upgrade over hoffman. . i would not, however, like penny toler to give her a thre year deal. . one preferably, two at most

agreed re: KML. . i know she has always been a bit "thick" but in the NCAA tourney, i was like "dayum". . no denying the girl has a great outside touch, but agree about putting down the pork chop. . LOL

as far KML's "weight issues" she was injured and then sick (i've had mono and it was no joke and i didn't even have a serious form of it) back to back. prior to that she was in great shape and given time to heal and rest she'll be fine. feel like these criticisms are a bit unfair considering. and with all that she was still lighting people up in the tourney.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: