RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

DNS: Are the Lynx a Budding Dynasty w/ Maya, Reeve
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/29/12 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
But because he was a son-in-law he got to hang around long enough to get lucky multiple times in the lottery combined with a # dispersal pick and a free agent looking for another championship.

If I remember right, the Lynx even had extra luck in that injuries hit them for a few years making their record even worse, upping their lottery chances. That could have happened with Nolan Richardson, Linda Hargrove, Seth Sulka, etc. had they been related by marriage.

Come to think of it, I have the same respect for Roger Griffith as I do for Seth Sulka. Shocked In short: Arrow

- Both made countless bad decisions which resulted in good draft picks in good draft years where the picks were easy: Taurasi and Pondexter; Augustus and Wiggins, etc.

- Both lucked out in sucking when there was a dispersal draft resulting in an All-Star: Penny Taylor and Rebekkah Brunson.

So Griffith is basically Sulka if Sulka was allowed to continue. Confused

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/29/12 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

umbeta1455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Another example, Tina Charles was going to be a stud, everyone knew that

Actually, I remember Reeve playing down Charles.... thinking she may not start right away for the Sun.

I remember when Charles and Appel were juniors and their was a discussion on this board about how Appel was going to be the top draft choice and it seemed most people agreed. So what people think at one point isn't always what happens.

I remember a game in which they played each other and Appel dominated. But then came the injuries. Appel regressed and Tina just kept improving by leaps and bounds. So yeah, things happen and things change.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: