RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

More Trade Thoughts for SASS (Rockers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/05/05 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
I don't see Conn giving up KT - I thought about that, but they wouldn't do it.
I don't see Indy giving up Ebony She's been working out in the off season and is ready to take care of business, from what I heard.
I was just posting some scenarios that would bring some local talent back to Indy.

Margo?

Please, no!

I just keep going back to Mike's comments at the end of the year that they are not done dealing and changing the roster around. Who else, other than free agents, can they afford to give up. They'll resign Taj, they need Lindsay, they need Kesha, and Asjha also for the CT connection.

So if you want something good, as I said regarding Margo and taking the baggage, you gotta give something too.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/05 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If anyone is leaving, I'd say it's Wendy. I really - REALLY like Douglas's game and can't imagine finding a SG that is significantly better than her. She does a nice job of doing a good share of the ball-handling so that Whalen doesn't have to carry the entire load, her defense is TOP NOTCH, she can torch you from long distance, and she has good moves. Her shooting percentage was down this year, but I don't believe that will continue.

PostPosted: 01/05/05 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
If anyone is leaving, I'd say it's Wendy. I really - REALLY like Douglas's game and can't imagine finding a SG that is significantly better than her. She does a nice job of doing a good share of the ball-handling so that Whalen doesn't have to carry the entire load, her defense is TOP NOTCH, she can torch you from long distance, and she has good moves. Her shooting percentage was down this year, but I don't believe that will continue.

Wendy's almost definitely gone, and I'd say the ball's in Debbie Black's court. I think if she wants back, at little money, they'll take her. Other than that, I don't know.

I agree with what you're saying. But it's that nagging little voice I keep hearing, and I keep wondering, okay out of the rest of the roster, who else is going to bring a player that can take the team to the next step?

KT is the only one I come up with.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/05 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

who else is going to bring a player that can take the team to the next step?

Well, but who is Katie going to bring that is going to first, fill the void left by Katie leaving, then second, bring the team to a new level. I mean, who out there can do that for us? I can't think of a player that could actually take the team to a new level, only players that will keep the team right about on par with where they already are, at least only in dealing with KT.

PostPosted: 01/05/05 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

you're right, that's why I thought in my original proposal in this thread Shu and Marie.

I don't know the answer, maybe somebody with the 8th pick? As long is it's not a Mike special like Ugo Oha we should get somebody decent right?

Then a lineup of Shu, Taj, Lindsay, Kesh and Marie if it worked out?

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/05 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That would be a very interesting lineup. Schu doesn't bang as much as I'd like, but Taj can more than account for the banging, and still I like Schu's offensive game as well as her shot blocking ability.

Marie and Whalen in a backcourt together could be showtime. Keesh is Keesh, a star.

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you all for giving Schu her props...she still has a lot of game in her. She is fundamentally solid and in the right combination will be an asset.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's why I want her in CT. The UConn connection is a bonus. I was trying to think of underused, underappreciated posts that the Sun could go after, and she popped right into my head.

If Charlotte would give here up, I'd go after Tina Miller as well!

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like with Schu's performance the second half of the season, she started to really come into her own as a scorer, she should be well on her way to starting for the Fever. Nat should be better suited as a 4, however she seems to slow down more and more every year, it's like watching Jen Gillom out there. Schu should be a starter, she will show what she can do.

The Fever really need a perimeter player that commands respect out there so that the lane can open up a little more for Catch. Good posts will only suck more defenders into the lane where she does the bulk of her damage, especially when her shooting percentage plummets like it did last year, she needs to be taking high percentage shots and drawing fouls.

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Fever really need a perimeter player that commands respect out there so that the lane can open up a little more for Catch. Good posts will only suck more defenders into the lane where she does the bulk of her damage, especially when her shooting percentage plummets like it did last year, she needs to be taking high percentage shots and drawing fouls.

Like Margo! Which brings us full circle and tells me it's time to go home for the day!

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like Margo! Which brings us full circle and tells me it's time to go home for the day!

*Slaps Forehead* DOH!

Yes, Margie, the consumate perimeter player. Get outta town!!!

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mar - GO*

*as far away as possible.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I always preferred Mar-Go-Ritas to tall posts that WON'T FREAKING CAMP UNDER THE BASKET AND PUT THE BALL IN THE FREAKING HOLE!

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
I always preferred Mar-Go-Ritas to tall posts that WON'T FREAKING CAMP UNDER THE BASKET AND PUT THE BALL IN THE FREAKING HOLE!

so you want Rita Williams too? Wasn't she on the Fever already? Okay, but I don't see that combo! Laughing

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shu is inconsistant but I'd love to see her succeed in Indy. Being put in the starting line up would be a good confidence booster for her.
That leaves me with Ras to trade for Adrian.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Shu is inconsistant but I'd love to see her succeed in Indy. Being put in the starting line up would be a good confidence booster for her.
That leaves me with Ras to trade for Adrian.

So you want SASS to have all the big white girls that just stand outside and shoot jumpers instead of Indiana huh?

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
So you want SASS to have all the big white girls that just stand outside and shoot jumpers instead of Indiana huh?

SASS needs one or two of those (and preferably better than Biba).

I have a rather obvious suggestion Laughing
Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK then, make it Astou.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While you're at it, you should trade for Baranova and try to get Polina Tzekova to come out of retirement, create a team of all tall white girls who shoot outside shots.

And of course, put Margie at the point.

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
While you're at it, you should trade for Baranova and try to get Polina Tzekova to come out of retirement, create a team of all tall white girls who shoot outside shots.

And Dirk could...

Oh never mind.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Dirk could...

Help them breed the next generation of tall white people who shoot outside shots?

Here is the line

I think I have crossed it.

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shereka Wright is a natural three, who will have to play the two in this league. She is a great slasher, but certainly not a ballhandler.

Why would Indiana want her? True, the team needs guards, but they have enough wing players who can't handle the point.

Last edited by CamrnCrz1974 on 01/05/05 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:

Even my puppy Whalen picture gave you the eye for that one!

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just disappointed no one has mentioned the ultimate big white girl who can shoot outside shots Crying or Very sad
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/05/05 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
I'm just disappointed no one has mentioned the ultimate big white girl who can shoot outside shots Crying or Very sad

Kara Wolters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: