RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Shock @ Fever 8/15/09
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Foss

PostPosted: 08/15/09 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Five points for her this game. Season high?

PostPosted: 08/15/09 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You could be right! Hopefully all these minutes will be shades of things to come though!!!! Cool

Two carries on Zellous last two posessions, & an offensive foul on Braxton....ouch.... Sad

62 - 46 after 3, Detroit can't buy a shot (unless it's from Haynie Wink)

C'mon Shock!

Last edited by haynielicious4 on 08/15/09 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joe Foss

PostPosted: 08/15/09 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Detroit cut it to 7, then collapsed at the end of the quarter. Gonna be hard to come back in the fourth at Conseco.

PostPosted: 08/15/09 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haynie's got 7 now. Leave her in - she's the only one that's hitting.

PostPosted: 08/15/09 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joe Foss wrote:
Haynie's got 7 now. Leave her in - she's the only one that's hitting.

That about sums it up Joe! Detroit is getting quality shots, just not sinking them....

I hope this is a break-out game for Kristin Haynie tonight! Girl has game! Cool

Joe Foss

PostPosted: 08/15/09 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That 23 point beatdown makes it unlikely that the Shock will have to worry about what arena they will be playing in come playoff time. Nolan and Smith both took second half oh-fers tonight.

PostPosted: 08/15/09 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree! Thanks for hangin' Big Joe! I'm off to the Lynx game! Very Happy

cherrystreet

PostPosted: 08/15/09 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going to say about the Shock what I said about the Sparks last night. They could still make the playoffs but for now just break this team up. They are going nowhere fast. I hope they can regroup and get ready for next season. I'm a big fan but it's just about over for them this season.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/15/09 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cherrystreet wrote:
I'm going to say about the Shock what I said about the Sparks last night. They could still make the playoffs but for now just break this team up. They are going nowhere fast. I hope they can regroup and get ready for next season. I'm a big fan but it's just about over for them this season.

Nearly all their key veterans are unrestricted free agents at the end of the season. Things might be breaking up whether they like it or not.

haynielicious4

PostPosted: 08/15/09 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haynie had (7) points & (18+) minutes tonight, albeit in a loss....Shock regulars shot less than expected, but the opportunities were there....

Hope Rick gives Krit a chance to show her metal.... Cool

Mike in Minny

Slovydal

PostPosted: 08/15/09 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

haynielicious4 wrote:
Fever 39-38 at the half - what happened?! Confused

The Pac 10 happened.

Ebony and Briann got the Fever back in the game.

First of all, I have to say that the game was much closer than the final score makes it look. The Shock aren't that bad - considering all the injured players, they're doing quite well.

Zellous is amazing.

Haynie got significant minutes - and did well.

Ford is really favoring that knee. Gotta give it up for her - she's still working her behind off.

In the first quarter, it looked like the Shock were going to run away with it, but the Fever had a couple of nice runs and came out with a 20 point lead - and managed to hold onto it.

The Fever started out really out-of-sync. Players kept passing the ball directly to a blue jersey. After a couple of ridiculous bad calls the Fever were pissed - and focused. They went on a few runs after that - but they still made silly turnovers.

January was really great tonight. All out hustle!

Jess Moore had another one of those games where her impact doesn't really show up the stats. This team wouldn't be doing very well w/out her.

Shay hit a crazy buzzer-beater to end the 3rd.

Very Happy

It was a really great game.

ladyvols76

PostPosted: 08/15/09 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Several times during the game tonight I couldn't tell the difference between Sanni and Ferris. They both looked horrible. Haynie wasn't bad tonight... I think that Zealous has a lot more talent and potential for that team, but Haynie is an alright sub to give someone a breather. There are times when Mahorn looks completely shell shocked while he is coaching. It looked like they are used to Lambeer getting into the ears(heads) of the officials and Mahorn is just waiting for someone to do that for him.
I hope that TSB gets well soon, it's very clear that her toe still isn't healed. Moore is playing some great minutes. At times she looks like a chicken with it's head cut off, but other times, she makes GREAT timely plays. I am eating my words for not liking her when we first signed her.

abontorab9

PostPosted: 08/15/09 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Jess Moore had another one of those games where her impact doesn't really show up the stats. This team wouldn't be doing very well w/out her.

Actually, the stats show her leading the team at +32.

Meaning while she was on the floor, the Fever outscored the Shock 32-0. Shocked

(although I'm sure some here will argue that those +/- figures are meaningless)

I like to see the effort on Moore's part. Her defensive presence is really making me respect her game.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/15/09 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nickv1025 wrote:

That's a misleading way to describe what it means. It means they outscored the Shock by 32 points when she was on the floor. 32-0, or 64-32, or 80-48, or whatever.

abontorab9

PostPosted: 08/15/09 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
nickv1025 wrote:

That's a misleading way to describe what it means. It means they outscored the Shock by 32 points when she was on the floor. 32-0, or 64-32, or 80-48, or whatever.

Bullocks, it must be the time of day that has affected my speech.

That's what it is. I swear.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 08/15/09 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Box score oddity: Indiana collected 45 points from 24 Shock turnovers. That's by far the highest single-game total in at least the four years since the league went to four quarters and a 24-second shot clock (previous best was 36 twice)...

abontorab9

PostPosted: 08/15/09 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
Box score oddity: Indiana collected 45 points from 24 Shock turnovers. That's by far the highest single-game total in at least the four years since the league went to four quarters and a 24-second shot clock (previous best was 36 twice)...

Now clarify something for me. Does that only count as fast break, or are there any other restrictions?

Or if the Shock turn it over, and then Indiana takes the ball and scores in that possession, is it points off that turnover?

Last edited by abontorab9 on 08/15/09 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 08/15/09 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
nickv1025 wrote:

Meaning while she was on the floor, the Fever outscored the Shock 32-0.

In this instance, it was 67-35...

nickv1025 wrote:
Or if the Shock turn it over, and then Indiana takes the ball and scores in that possession, is it points of that turnover?

Yes...

Slovydal

PostPosted: 08/15/09 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw the + - stat for Jess. But that "stat" can be misleading/meaningless

I was just saying that even if she doesn't have a lot of points, rebounds, etc. you can tell while watching her on the court, what a big contribution she's making to the team. (but you knew that)

Wink

ladyvols76,

As for Sanni and Farris...I thought they both looked great - oh, you meant how they looked playing Embarassed

abontorab9

PostPosted: 08/15/09 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
I was just saying that even if she doesn't have a lot of points, rebounds, etc. you can tell while watching her on the court, what a big contribution she's making to the team.

I only watched part of the game, but when she was taken out, did the game flow any differently? Were there less defensive stops? Poor help defense in the lane? More post touches for Detroit? More points in the paint?

How is she on the offensive end, vision wise? Can she see the open wings? Is she good at recognizing when and where and how to set screens for the shooters? How is she on the pick and roll?

I know that's a lot of questions, but I was always a JMo hater up until this year, and I would like to know your opinion since you have watched her (almost) all season. Wink

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/15/09 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

45 points off of TO's and just 4 fastbreak points. Shocked Crazy stuff.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 08/15/09 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nickv1025 wrote:

I only watched part of the game, but when she was taken out, did the game flow any differently? Were there less defensive stops? Poor help defense in the lane? More post touches for Detroit? More points in the paint?

How is she on the offensive end, vision wise? Can she see the open wings? Is she good at recognizing when and where and how to set screens for the shooters? How is she on the pick and roll?

I know that's a lot of questions, but I was always a JMo hater up until this year, and I would like to know your opinion since you have watched her (almost) all season. Wink

Um...

She was +32.

Very Happy

abontorab9

PostPosted: 08/15/09 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Um...

She was +32.

Very Happy

Yeah, I got that. Laughing

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/15/09 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:

January was really great tonight. All out hustle!

I'm not saying this is going to happen, but it wouldn't be a surprise to me if January turned out to be the best of the three point guards between herself, Toliver and Montgomery. She's got a better grasp of the game than either of those two, and she is a sick defensive player. Montgomery's good defensively too, and more explosive offensively...but Briann is the better decision maker and a great defensive player as opposed to good.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/15/09 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The mathematician in me would really like Detroit to make a bit of a run late in the season. I want to see the tie-break scenarios if there's still a potential five-way tie going into the final week Laughing .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: