RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

When the wedding
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpark33

PostPosted: 10/06/08 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see the big deal about wanting Luuc to delete it. The picture is from Yahoo Sports so they obviously knew they were being photographed. They've been seen, pictured, and written about on numerous occasions. If this were a picture of Shelden and CP3, everyone would be yammering on about how ugly he is and no one would complain about revealing anything abut Candace's personal life. I say leave it out there and let people get used to it. JMHO.

PostPosted: 10/06/08 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
I don't see the big deal about wanting Luuc to delete it. The picture is from Yahoo Sports so they obviously knew they were being photographed. They've been seen, pictured, and written about on numerous occasions. If this were a picture of Shelden and CP3, everyone would be yammering on about how ugly he is and no one would complain about revealing anything abut Candace's personal life. I say leave it out there and let people get used to it. JMHO.

I might be wrong, but I don't think the problem is posting the pic, I think its the speculation about whether or not they are a couple or just friends. As opposed to Candace and Shelden everyone knows they are together.

This is how I seem to view the whole thing because its not actually stated if they are together or people are just assuming they are together

StevenHW

PostPosted: 10/06/08 10:19 pm    ::: Re: When the wedding Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

Lindsey to Katie: "I wish I knew how to quit you, Katie!" Razz

Sorry, but that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that photo! Very Happy

DTP

PostPosted: 10/06/08 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A mod can delete my comments if they feel the need to. I didn't mean to offend anyone or put either of their business out there or anything like that...I just said I thought it was cool which is the truth.

gpark33

PostPosted: 10/06/08 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
I might be wrong, but I don't think the problem is posting the pic, I think its the speculation about whether or not they are a couple or just friends. As opposed to Candace and Shelden everyone knows they are together.

This is how I seem to view the whole thing because its not actually stated if they are together or people are just assuming they are together

I get that but do we honestly think the 1st time Candace spoke of Shelden it was volunteered (no pun intended)? I seriously doubt it. My money says someone asked her or him or one of their family members or a friend or saw them together. I don't think she shouted it out to the world, she was asked or it was assumed and taken as fact. It's a double standard in my mind.

PostPosted: 10/06/08 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Sass married everyone she hugged like that, she'd have to live in Utah. Sass gives Big League Hugs. Very Happy

Some people just have the gift. Doesn't mean a thing.

PostPosted: 10/06/08 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eclair wrote:
If Sass married everyone she hugged like that, she'd have to live in Utah. Sass gives Big League Hugs. Very Happy

That's so sweet of you to remember, eclizzle. I can't wait to hang out with you in December. Very Happy

(PS - I think this thread is in poor taste, too.)

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
JRae

Location: somewhere where they got rid of their wnba team cuz the kings suck

PostPosted: 10/06/08 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

who really cares if they are or are not together? personally im a fan of their games not their personal lives. i dont care what they do so why make a big deal bout it?

Avatar: From the back of my car. yes it's still there. Maloofs can suck it!
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/07/08 5:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the record, I'm not totally in favour of some aspects of this thread.
I also don't think that deleting it is necessary.

What happens if you take a subject like this and try to hush-hush sweep it under the rug every time it is brought up? What happens is you create/perpetuate taboos, and you turn it into something uncomfortable.

While people's personal lives are their own business, basketball players also do things in public that aren't basketball-related but are still up for discussion here.
Diana just recently told us who she was voting for. I would have been quite happy for her to keep that to herself, but if she's happy to put it out there then good for her. If she is cool with it then we should be cool with it too.

If you do something on a stage in front of 9000 people then it's going to be seen, and talked about.
Yes, I wish some people had a little more discretion at times, but as long as certain subjects have novelty value to some people, they are going to be subject to a bit of innuendo. People grow out of it.

As long as people don't cross the line into Birdys#1StalkerFan territory of personal details then I'm cool with it.

PostPosted: 10/07/08 5:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

what's this about a Sue stalker? *rubs chin*

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/07/08 5:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just a creepy "fan" we had here once, who had very little appreciation for what was acceptable.
It's a credit to the type of fans the WNBA attracts that someone like him stuck out so much.

PostPosted: 10/07/08 6:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rothum wrote:
Remember when board members showed discretion?

Remember when ADULTS knew how to let the players live their lives the way they wanted to, in privacy?

Remember when this board had some decorum and showed class?

I do.

Is this a picture of two people who seem really worried about who sees it or comments on it?

No. They are happy, and they certainly aren't hiding anything.

Rothum, I think the mods here are long past the idea that the manner by which this board is moderated would please you. Sorry boutcha.

PostPosted: 10/07/08 6:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
Rothum wrote:
Remember when board members showed discretion?

Remember when ADULTS knew how to let the players live their lives the way they wanted to, in privacy?

Remember when this board had some decorum and showed class?

I do.

Is this a picture of two people who seem really worried about who sees it or comments on it?

Rothum, I think the mods here are long past the idea that the manner by which this board is moderated would please you. Sorry boutcha.

Agreed.

PattyforPresident

PostPosted: 10/07/08 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:

I get that but do we honestly think the 1st time Candace spoke of Shelden it was volunteered (no pun intended)? I seriously doubt it. My money says someone asked her or him or one of their family members or a friend or saw them together. I don't think she shouted it out to the world, she was asked or it was assumed and taken as fact. It's a double standard in my mind.

I agree with this. People make a huge deal out of two same sex individuals being assumed a couple, meanwhile there are thousands of people making a living photographing celebrities with their supposed significant others and these same people who are outraged by Katie Smith and Lindsey Harding subscribe to US Weekly and can't get enough of it. I also think, based on my own experiences and nothing else, that people who are gay are sometimes extra offended by people bringing up the subject about others, but in this case it's more than just hearsay if they're together all the time. I figure, good for Katie Smith if she pulled Lindsey Harding. Harding is a great catch and Katie would have certainly overshot the runway. People, all people across the board, should stop being so touchy.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 10/07/08 7:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:

Absolutely!

The very notion that "if" they are involved there is something to hide just feeds our society's homophobia. As far as I'm concerned, with their public photos and other stuff, they are "out" and good for them! I'm happy that they're just living their lives without buying into all that secretive b-s. Anyway, wasn't Lindsey "out" in college? I'm glad icey posted the photo. Thank you.

hereisgone

PostPosted: 10/07/08 7:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Just a creepy "fan" we had here once, who had very little appreciation for what was acceptable.
It's a credit to the type of fans the WNBA attracts that someone like him stuck out so much.

Sounds intriguing!

Any interesting stories? Right now, without knowing anything about this past "creepy fan" I'm already think he must've been pretty extreme to be infamous on the boards haha

TweetyMulatto

PostPosted: 10/07/08 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP is right though, they haven't been trying to hide it or anything, which is cool. i always thought they made a cute couple.

Anyway, i just hope Lindsey's in a shock uni next year. I'd LOVE that. I love both of them.

If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...would you slow down? Or speed up?
cherrystreet

PostPosted: 10/07/08 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tweety, I don't think that would be good for your team. What does Lindsey bring that your other guards don't give you? And just curious because I think it belongs in this topic - What is your signature line talking about I know what no one else knows? Could it be that PP agreed to marry your brother. Laughing I'm just mess with you. Ask DTP, I'm a huge Detroit fan and it all started because I have liked some of your players since college.

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/07/08 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hereisgone wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Sounds intriguing!

Any interesting stories? Right now, without knowing anything about this past "creepy fan" I'm already think he must've been pretty extreme to be infamous on the boards haha

He's been here under about four different screennames, starting out as someone you could have a conversation with, then trending towards Shocked and finally going right into OMGWTF CRAZY PERSON territory. Dude has serious issues.

Back on topic… seriously, if there hadn't been, like, a year of innuendo on the board about the two of them, I'd be wondering what the hell a Lynx cub was doing in the Shock locker room. But then, the Shock have always managed to be really frakin' obvious and open about their relationships.

PostPosted: 10/07/08 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cherrystreet wrote:
tweety, I don't think that would be good for your team. What does Lindsey bring that your other guards don't give you? And just curious because I think it belongs in this topic - What is your signature line talking about I know what no one else knows? Could it be that PP agreed to marry your brother. Laughing I'm just mess with you. Ask DTP, I'm a huge Detroit fan and it all started because I have liked some of your players since college.

Oh, not necessarily good for my team (not the ENTIRE team at least) but good for me Very Happy, and Bill may go for it.

and that line can/does mean many things. but it's actually from a song, lol.

haha, PP wanted to marry my brother before he even asked her! lol, it's no secret Smile

If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...would you slow down? Or speed up?
TweetyMulatto

PostPosted: 10/07/08 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
hereisgone wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Sounds intriguing!

Back on topic… seriously, if there hadn't been, like, a year of innuendo on the board about the two of them, I'd be wondering what the hell a Lynx cub was doing in the Shock locker room. But then, the Shock have always managed to be really frakin' obvious and open about their relationships.

some more than others.

DTP

PostPosted: 10/07/08 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
hereisgone wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Sounds intriguing!

He's been here under about four different screennames, starting out as someone you could have a conversation with, then trending towards Shocked and finally going right into OMGWTF CRAZY PERSON territory. Dude has serious issues.

Candace Dupree was in the locker room as well....she isn't dating anyone on the team. Just saying...

TweetyMulatto

PostPosted: 10/07/08 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
Queenie wrote:
hereisgone wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Sounds intriguing!

Candace Dupree was in the locker room as well....she isn't dating anyone on the team. Just saying...

Rolling Eyes
*not saying anything*

DTP

PostPosted: 10/07/08 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TweetyMulatto wrote:
DTP wrote:
Queenie wrote:
hereisgone wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Sounds intriguing!

Rolling Eyes
*not saying anything*

Just saying just because another player was in the locker room doesn't mean anything.

cherrystreet

PostPosted: 10/07/08 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You guys are lying about Candy. I think I have narrowed it down to a couple of people. And for my own imagination, I was hoping it was not either one of those ladies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: