RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

DiMauro to Schlussel: f-you, you Coulter-wannabe bigot
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 06/27/05 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Politics is all about perspective. On this board I'm relatively right wing. Among my friends I'm centrist to center-left. In the office I'm the liberal flake.

As for being a minority, republicanism and/or libertarianism is a matter of choice. That's not true of most oppressed minorities.

Most people hate poetry
gumption72

PostPosted: 06/27/05 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Politics is all about perspective. On this board I'm relatively right wing. Among my friends I'm centrist to center-left. In the office I'm the liberal flake.

As for being a minority, republicanism and/or libertarianism is a matter of choice. That's not true of most oppressed minorities.

Interesting perspective to shift around in, but you are never a flake.

You're absolutely right about the minority word... I just couldn't think of another word and my crossword puzzle dictionary is in the other room, I was just too lazy to go get it, now I'm sorry.

By the way, smokin' avatar! And, yes Sebibb, I actually know who they are! Laughing

Smoovie

PostPosted: 06/27/05 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was thinking Rolling Eyes Maybe lil' debbie don't know she's ugly. Twisted Evil
So, we should start a thread w/ poll. We can post a picture of Debbie against one of our WNBA babe's and let the people vote. You can vote A or B , as to who looks the best. When we get enough, we can post a link on her site. I think she has no ideal of how many women in the WNBA, who could stand next to her and make her look like a greased up, long haired, rat.

I can't believe this woman thinks she looks good enough, to call anybody ugly. So, we should show her

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 06/27/05 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
You're absolutely right about the minority word... I just couldn't think of another word and my crossword puzzle dictionary is in the other room, I was just too lazy to go get it, now I'm sorry.

well now that you`ve had time to get it, how would you rephrase this because I`m not sure what you mean

It amazes me that some of you know exactly how it feels to be a minority, but have no compassion for other minorities who you deem unworthy by your imposed standards, and it hurts.

PostPosted: 06/27/05 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:
I was thinking Rolling Eyes Maybe lil' debbie don't know she's ugly. Twisted Evil
So, we should start a thread w/ poll. We can post a picture of Debbie against one of our WNBA babe's and let the people vote. You can vote A or B , as to who looks the best. When we get enough, we can post a link on her site. I think she has no ideal of how many women in the WNBA, who could stand next to her and make her look like a greased up, long haired, rat.

I can't believe this woman thinks she looks good enough, to call anybody ugly. So, we should show her

Debbie vs. Swin, LJ, Sue, Becky, Tamika, Penny......Debbie lost

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 06/28/05 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Back a long time ago one of our most learned and devoted board mates was a newspaper columnist and culture wars author, Cathy Young. She would be what you might call the opposite of Debbie. That is serious and taken seriously.

Debbie still hates Cathy Young as evidenced by this reference to her old charge discredited many times over that CY is a "plagerist", this one was written just this year.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=16903

Every WNBA fan should note the following. That this all stems from Cathy taking on Debbie after one of her anti-WNBA tirades. Just think about that, and hate her even more. This scuz bucket saw an opportunity to exploit the fact that someone actually in the journalism business had paid attention to her and then came up with this plagerism charge which went nowhere fast. She would love nothing more than to attach herself TO any serious journalist she can to elevate herself and what she does.

http://brian.carnell.com/discussion/fullthread$msgnum=115

Here are some links that you might find interesting. What you should get from them is that this WNBA attack business is just one of Schlussel's old chessnuts. She pulls it out every year or so just because she's not really capable of growth but she does need to eat.

http://reason.com/0111/co.cy.good.shtml

A classic Cathy Young piece on the WNBA

http://archive.salon.com/news/sports/2000/08/26/wnba/index.html

PostPosted: 06/28/05 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She sounds pretty sad

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 06/28/05 2:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gumption72 wrote:
You know, I didnt click onto this thread because I figured it was another one of those rightwingstupidpeopleintheredstates-hatefilled posts that I have to try to avoid hey, at least there was warning in the title unlike some of the threads that start out to be about basketball, then turn into political agenda, but could turn back into interesting bb info, then will sadly be lost for me.

It amazes me that some of you know exactly how it feels to be a minority, but have no compassion for other minorities who you deem unworthy by your imposed standards, and it hurts. I try to be very respectful. There are many times I could jump in and say something, but I dont. There are many hurtful things said, but I just bite my lip. How would you like it if it were the other way? I stay because I love and appreciate the info (freely given) and especially the humor. I guess I just have to live with the rest. Shit. I told myself I wouldnt ever whine and say this stuff. Now Ive gone and done it. But I digress.

There is certainly a large left leaning presence on this board. But there are many welcome and beloved regulars in this group who are from the other side, going back to Cathy Young, a libertarian who, if I remember correctly, wrote a piece in 2000 explaining why she was voting for Bush. Pilight is a libertarian. SORF has proclaimed on the boards that she's a Bush supporter and, I'm assuming, a republican. Don't mess with SORF unless you want to see my bad side. Buckfifty is a republican. Everybody loves Buck. Reb is a Red Stater. I bet there are more Christians on this board than anyone would guess.

My point is that you shouldn't assume that you're going to be disliked or disrespected or flamed for your political beliefs because it just doesn't seem that that's really the case here.

Is it the reputation of the group? Yes. But I've always believed that people are seeing certain things and characterizing them as something else altogether. Someone like me might make an occaisonal comment about red-staters being goobers. But don't forget Reb (our lovely hostess) is a red-stater and a goober as well.

Just some things to keep in mind. Twisted Evil

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: