WNBA All Star Game 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/28/18 5:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 07/28/18 8:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just got done watching the All-Star special. A'Ja Wilson is just a great kid. She's just special.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/28/18 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess Taurasi wasn’t glam enough in her Quaker lawyer’s outfit to make Chiney’s #TeamEjected photo. Griner was looking pretty sharp for Griner tho.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/28/18 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I guess Taurasi wasn’t glam enough in her Quaker lawyer’s outfit to make Chiney’s #TeamEjected photo. Griner was looking pretty sharp for Griner tho.

Or perhaps Diana Taurasi isn't of Nigerian descent. Smile

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 07/28/18 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Just got done watching the All-Star special. A'Ja Wilson is just a great kid. She's just special.

Yes she is!

zune69

PostPosted: 07/28/18 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:
starters announced today, and discussed during the Club All-Star show on ESPN:

Team EDD
Backcourt: Bird, Taurasi
Frontcourt: Delle Donne, Stewart, Fowles

Team CP3
Backcourt: Gray, Moore
Frontcourt: McCoughtry, Parker, Cambage

What type of B.S is this?.....Diggins should be starting....She got almost twice the amount of votes as Gray.What good is having a vote if the vote doesn't count?

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 07/28/18 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chiney tweet with Cambage lmao. I was looking forward to seeing the Ogwumike play together again sucks the Nneka got a illness & can't play. Chiney said Nneka is fine & thats good to hear because the comments by Alger & LA left us wondering what was wrong.

willtalk

PostPosted: 07/28/18 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
lethalweapon3 wrote:
starters announced today, and discussed during the Club All-Star show on ESPN:

Team EDD
Backcourt: Bird, Taurasi
Frontcourt: Delle Donne, Stewart, Fowles

Team CP3
Backcourt: Gray, Moore
Frontcourt: McCoughtry, Parker, Cambage

What type of B.S is this?.....Diggins should be starting....She got almost twice the amount of votes as Gray.What good is having a vote if the vote doesn't count?
Oh cry me a river. Fan votes are generally a popularity contest. They are lucky they get any say at all. Fan votes are what put Shoni Shimmel in as a starter some years ago when she was bearly getting any playing time on her own team. Now they also consider the votes of the coach's and other players for picking the team. I believe they total all three to get the final squad. It also helps to have a teammate as the captain. Now it's not like Diggins is an obvious pick as a starter. It would not have been an injustice if she had been picked, but it is also not one that she was not.

Diggins is a very good point, one of the best in the WNBA and she certainly deserves to make the team. However she brought and still does carry a lot of the rep from her college career at Notre Dame. i am sure that helps her fan voting considerably. Hey are you sure your name isn't Kanye West.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/28/18 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:

However she brought and still does carry a lot of the rep from her college career at Notre Dame.

10th in pts
3rd in Asst
3rd in Stl

Skylar being a ND Graduate has nothing to do with this.She's earned the right to be a starter.The fan voting accounts for 40 percent of the vote.Their vote should carry more weight when picking the starters.

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/28/18 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just can't watch this crapola. It's like street ball except street ball where nobody gives a shit. It would be more interesting to have a dunking contest and a fancy dribbling routine contest like a traveling carnival. Maybe have them play on donkeys.

- Amanda Gorman
willtalk

PostPosted: 07/28/18 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
willtalk wrote:

However she brought and still does carry a lot of the rep from her college career at Notre Dame.

10th in pts
3rd in Asst
3rd in Stl

Skylar being a ND Graduate has nothing to do with this.She's earned the right to be a starter.The fan voting accounts for 40 percent of the vote.Their vote should carry more weight when picking the starters.
My remark of her being a ND grad is in respect to the fan voting. ND has the largest alumni and fan following of any college in america.

Your reasoning is so illogical. You say she has earned the right to be a starter, citing the advantage she had in the fan voting which counts 40% . So did Shoni earn the right to be a starter because she got a huge fan vote. Now fan voting which is basically a popularity contest is not earning anything for any player.

Under the old system where fan voting determined the starting line up she probably would have been a starter. Well guess what? I have news for you. They are no longer using that system. They are no longer divided by east and west either.

Why don't you post a video on Youtube and make a tearful declaration of the injustice of it all . OH! The humanity. Or better yet you could still perhaps make it to the arena. Just grab a microphone, intercept Gray as she is coming out to join the starters and declare to the world that Diggens deserves to be the starter. You would certainly make Kenya West proud. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

zune69

PostPosted: 07/28/18 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
zune69 wrote:
willtalk wrote:

10th in pts
3rd in Asst
3rd in Stl

My remark of her being a ND grad is in respect to the fan voting. ND has the largest alumni and fan following of any college in america.

Your reasoning is so illogical. You say she has earned the right to be a starter, citing the advantage she had in the fan voting which counts 40% . So did Shoni earn the right to be a starter because she got a huge fan vote. Now fan voting which is basically a popularity contest is not earning anything for any player.

Under the old system where fan voting determined the starting line up she probably would have been a starter. Well guess what? I have news for you. They are no longer using that system. They are no longer divided by east and west either.

Why don't you post a video on Youtube and make a tearful declaration of the injustice of it all . OH! The humanity. Or better yet you could still perhaps make it to the arena. Just grab a microphone, intercept Gray as she is coming out to join the starters and declare to the world that Diggens deserves to be the starter. You would certainly make Kenya West proud. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The Shoni Schimmel analogy is just idiotic….Shoni did not have All-Star numbers when she was selected to the All-Star team...Diggins has the numbers(see my previous post)..and is universally recognized as a top 3 Point guard.

My argument for Skylar being a starter wasn’t a slight against Gray…..I honestly believe Gray/Skylar should both be starting.

Last edited by zune69 on 07/28/18 3:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 07/28/18 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A lot of #AlmostSCTop10 plays thus far.

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 07/29/18 6:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Las Vegas Aces photo gallery - http://aces.wnba.com/photos/verizon-wnba-all-star-2018-july-26-28-2018/

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/29/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I just can't watch this crapola. It's like street ball except street ball where nobody gives a shit. It would be more interesting to have a dunking contest and a fancy dribbling routine contest like a traveling carnival. Maybe have them play on donkeys.

I watch but with limited interest. The unfortunate part for me is seeing some of the troll twitter comments where they act like this game is representative of anything.

PostPosted: 07/30/18 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Y'all must have a very different notion from me as to what an All-Star game is about.

I thought it was fun.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 07/30/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speebs56 wrote:
Y'all must have a very different notion from me as to what an All-Star game is about.

I thought it was fun.

Agreed! I enjoyed it! I loved that the players seemed to have a great time, as did the fans and everyone stayed healthy. This year has been very competitive and intense because of the compressed schedule, injuries and parity, so it was a good break.

In general, I'm not a huge fan of All Star games because it seems that for every sport, it is during the season and no one is going to go hard and risk getting hurt. Our ladies have so many miles on them from playing year round, so it can be extra risky and challenging for them. I have to take the all-star game for what it is. Unlike the NBA, we can't use outstanding feats of athleticism to cover up lack of fundamentals and execution takes timing and chemistry. No one looks or should look at any All-Star game on any level and think it is representative of an actual game. The most competitive exhibition we've had in recent years was when Shoni and Skylar were dueling in 2015.

Regarding trolls: People in general can be utterly vile and disgusting and we can't control that. Most of these folks were going to complain no matter what they saw. Typically if it is something, some event, etc. that I don't like I don't like, I don't tune in and chose to ignore it, but for some reason, people spend a lot of time opting to trash things they claim to not care for or about. It is puzzling to me that a person would choose to spend their time in that way... Here is an interesting take on why the negativity may not be a bad thing: http://womenshoopsworld.com/2018/07/30/take-heart-female-athlete-insults-are-a-sign-of-progress/

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/30/18 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was going to stay quiet but after watching the game in entirety on replay. Skylar should have won MVP wtf wnba. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/30/18 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Was going to stay quiet but after watching the game in entirety on replay. Skylar should have won MVP wtf wnba. Rolling Eyes

The WNBA is rigged, just like all the other sports! Very Happy I just hope it's rigged for Maya to win WNBA Finals MVP this year too! Cool In the meantime, it's never too early to congratulate A'ja Wilson on winning the 2019 WNBA All-Star MVP! Very Happy

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 07/30/18 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Skylar is an MVP candidate for just about every All-Star event in which she has participated. She does not like to loose, has just the right amount of intensity and thrives so well in these environments. As much as I think the W should decline the NBA Celebrity All-Star game (bc there truly is no upside for us in that exhibition), if we must be involved, I'd nominate Skylar to go every time. Those runs she had with the Arne Duncan, former Secretary of Education were a thing of beauty. I can't remember if her team won but she represented the league very well. As I think about it, it was during the time that Kevin Hart won all of those MVPs Confused Laughing

This just makes me laugh: http://www.wnba.com/video/the-best-of-wired-up-from-the-2018-all-star-game/

Especially Tina backing away from Liz! lol! They had fun and I enjoyed watching them bond, but from here on out, it's war!

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/31/18 7:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I allways watch the ASG because i like the interaction between the players. See who gets along with who, bit of trash talking etc. But i actually enjoy the last 6-8 minutes of the game because then the players (WNBA and NBA) often get more serious and want to win.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 07/31/18 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I always watch the ASG because i like the interaction between the players. See who gets along with who, bit of trash talking etc. But i actually enjoy the last 6-8 minutes of the game because then the players (WNBA and NBA) often get more serious and want to win.

Until the team with Maya on it puts it out of reach at which point it becomes fun again with Cambage going in for the gimme dunk.

Here’s Cambage talking to Fowles.

Here’s Cambage talking to the camera.

I’m hoping Cambage takes some of this lightened-up version of herself through to the rest of the season, but I have a feeling she’ll be back to her old self in short order. Wink

Randy

PostPosted: 07/31/18 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The interesting thing about those exchanges was how much bigger Cambage looked than Fowles.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/31/18 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

The first thing that popped into my mind was did she forget this game? Or I do I not know what court means? Laughing
http://www.espn.com/wnba/boxscore?gameId=400445856

Shades

PostPosted: 07/31/18 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:

The first thing that popped into my mind was did she forget this game? Or I do I not know what court means? Laughing
http://www.espn.com/wnba/boxscore?gameId=400445856

She probably did forget, since it was 5 years ago. Or maybe it’s just more charming and self-deprecating to say you never win there than to get overly anal about one win.

This will be a painful boxscore for Diggins lovers. They win with her coming off the bench. That was back in her rookie year when she was benched in favor of Goodrich.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: