RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

FINALS GAME #1: SAC AT DET
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
accommodatingly

PostPosted: 08/30/06 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orion wrote:
I think I catch what you are saying, but except for MS (who is not on the team yet), none of the other players just give up and/or wrangle with the coaches the way CF seems to do.

What did we get tonight from Swin and Riley? --what a disaster for Detroit. But Slovy is right about game one in '03. You just never know what Detroit you're gonna get.

I enjoyed tonight's game-- I like Haynie, and Lawson, and Yo, and I'm for the Monarchs in this series. But the result can't have pleased Donna: a lopsided finals game one, on national TV, with temper tantrums from the losing team, putting up by one game the team that won last year, from one of the league's smallest markets. I predict TV ratings for the finals go down this year: if you hadn't seen a WNBA game before, and you thought they all looked like this one, you'd think the league a somewhat amateurish affair.

tennis2

PostPosted: 08/30/06 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
See, when Bill asks Kara if she wants a sub, i don't know if he means a substitute, or a sub sandwich. Laughing

i thought he asked cheryl ford or said something to cheryl ford and she said well take me out............then he talked about it to whoever was sitting next to him......

did he also ask kara if she wanted a sub......was this two different incidents............yeah, i missed most of the game and was not near a computer......realize i am catching up and you guys have probably all moved on.......that's cool.......just thought i would post anyway.....kind of wired about the game.............and the 30 hour day i need to complete tomorrow in ten..............

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/30/06 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
See, when Bill asks Kara if she wants a sub, i don't know if he means a substitute, or a sub sandwich. Laughing

OMG...I just saw this one! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Speaking of Bill, his whining/incessant bitching got on my last nerve once again. Crying or Very sad The refs aren't out to "hose" your team, Bill. Tell ya girl Swin to show up for the game next time and maybe...JUST MAYBE...your team will fare differently. Wink

Mathies to LA 2013
BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/30/06 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am watching the game now (tape delay). Bill mouthing off is really distracting, but I don't care much. What if Ford had really hit Brunson in the face with the ball??? Shocked

PostPosted: 08/30/06 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
I am watching the game now (tape delay). Bill mouthing off is really distracting, but I don't care much. What if Ford had really hit Brunson in the face with the ball??? Shocked

It would of been sooooooooooo FUNNY! Laughing

Go Storm!

"Go smack yourself in the face and see what happens."
BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/30/06 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The step-through is a really effective move, it confuses defenders and refs alike. Half the time a travel should be called though.

PostPosted: 08/30/06 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

haha, RANDOM: ur picture is funny.

ShockwaveDancer

PostPosted: 08/31/06 4:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
The palace sits 22k not 35.

No, it seats 35. lol
00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 08/31/06 6:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
Orion wrote:
I think I catch what you are saying, but except for MS (who is not on the team yet), none of the other players just give up and/or wrangle with the coaches the way CF seems to do.

What did we get tonight from Swin and Riley? --what a disaster for Detroit. But Slovy is right about game one in '03. You just never know what Detroit you're gonna get.

I enjoyed tonight's game-- I like Haynie, and Lawson, and Yo, and I'm for the Monarchs in this series. But the result can't have pleased Donna: a lopsided finals game one, on national TV, with temper tantrums from the losing team, putting up by one game the team that won last year, from one of the league's smallest markets. I predict TV ratings for the finals go down this year: if you hadn't seen a WNBA game before, and you thought they all looked like this one, you'd think the league a somewhat amateurish affair.

I love "Da Ruth" she's my girl but ever since her glory day's of being 03 MVP Bill has totally taken her game away from her.

Ruth is now used as the leading "Oh let me set a pick for you gal" and a "Oh, I think I might take a 15 ft. jump shot and see how my luck is running" player. Sucks big time !

Even when Ford is out of the game she is still not used down in the paint but rather left floating around the free trow line looking for, well I'm really not sure.

Half the time she is not enough close to being in the play that is being run. I hate the way her game has changed and it has truly in my mind ruined her as a former good player who I think was on the verge of being a very good one to now just an average player.

I believe it is time for her to move on to a Coach and a team that will utilize her in the way she should be played. It's nice to have a jump shot everynow and then but she is at her best in the post with her back to the board. Ruth herself has said " Being a player who played with her back to the board is long gone and I now face the board looking for a jump shot"

sambista

PostPosted: 08/31/06 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orion wrote:
Ford will never make the National Team with her attitude. Nor should she. As I've said ibefore -- that woman has some immaturity or something a bit mental going on.

gee, do ya think it has anything to do with the fact that karl malone was accessible to the entire known public but not his own daughter?

PostPosted: 08/31/06 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AASP1251 wrote:
LakotaStorm wrote:
Slovydal wrote:
LakotaStorm wrote:
I think Sac came with a plan, a plan to win one or two on the road so they could take it home and win it in front of their fans again, and Shock you are letting them!

I still think the Shock will win one at home and one on the road.

Oh I do too; they both are great teams, so I'm not sure what is up with the Shock tonight. I'm wondering where their fans are; you lose your home team advantage when your fans are not with you the whole way(imo). That has happened a lot in the Key this year; the Storm start to lose and the crowd gets too quite.

The crowd didn't lose this game.

*DUH* I didn't say that, but I've heard player after player, after player say how much it helps them to get that surge of energy from the fans when they get tired and that has helped them get back into the game. Again it doesn't win a game, but it sure can help, and I've seen it happen again and again. When the Sun came to the Key for the 2004 finals we were so loud they could not hear each other and that messed up their game a lot, so you see it can make a difference; opposing players have said so. Why do you think teams play so hard to get home court advantage? One of the main reasons is to have their fans behind them.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
cometsdrivefor5

PostPosted: 08/31/06 7:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

txcomets wrote:
Welcome to Café Sacramento tonight for dinner!

Let me tell you about the 3-course meal that we are featuring tonight.

Course #1 - Tonight you will dine on the used-to-be tough Houston Comets featuring a heavily sautéed and highly tenderized old ass team with a side of Mississippi mispronunciations. They used to be tough, but here at Cafe Sacramento, we have beaten them down with a tenderizer so that you will not be able to recognize them and served them up with a side of your-championships-were-so-long-ago-that-no-one-remembers sauce. You will be able to swallow this dish whole without ever noticing that you ate anything. However, this is a lovely start to your meal here at Café Sacramento. It will whet your appetite for the second course.

For your next Course - #2 - We will be serving the Los Angeles Sparks with an elbow-throwing, I-never-foul disappearing in the playoffs reduction sauce called LLL. This will be complimented by a side dish that is comprised of a Jelly Bean and a funky attitude. Again, you will hardly break a sweat consuming this course, but it will make you hungry for the final one.

The final Course - #3 – This course will last longer than the first two but it will be worth it. Your pallet will be splashed with a main dish consisting of a useless Amazing Woman coupled a Once MVP That Dismantled Lisa Leslie’s Hair in the 2003 Finals who was ineffective tonight. While this course is far from over, here at Café Sacramento, we are confident that when you will complete your meal on Saturday, September 9, that you will be extremely satisfied.

Thank you for choosing Café Sacramento!
Bon appetite!!!

Very appealing menu Very Happy Except for the OLD ASS COMETS part...We do have a few TENDERLOINS you know Wink

Grandmasterflash and the Furious Five
pilight

PostPosted: 08/31/06 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Orion wrote:

Ford will never make the National Team with her attitude. Nor should she.

Maturity and good behavior are clearly not criteria for making the team. Take a look at the roster.

Really! It's only been a couple of weeks ago that Whiz dismissed Yolanda Griffith from practice for her attitude. Every player on Team USA except Catchings, Taurasi, and maybe Augustus has been accused of attitude problems at some point in their career.

Most people hate poetry
DTP

PostPosted: 08/31/06 8:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:

OMG...I just saw this one! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Speaking of Bill, his whining/incessant bitching got on my last nerve once again. Crying or Very sad The refs aren't out to "hose" your team, Bill. Tell ya girl Swin to show up for the game next time and maybe...JUST MAYBE...your team will fare differently. Wink

No those refs were terrible first half and most of the bad calls went against detroit. I'm not making no excuses but that 1st half was terrible.

shizanna

PostPosted: 08/31/06 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You could almost tell before the game that Sac was going to hurt them, and probably BAD.

Look at the pictures on page one of this thread. Detroit was excited, back in the Finals, having a good time. Sac went in there FOCUSED and with a plan. They straight up outplayed them.

I do think Detroit learned there lesson, though. Next game should be a battle.

PostPosted: 08/31/06 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really enjoyed the game. I really like to see the Monarchs clicking and vibing like that. How would you like to be in practice with Laimbeer after this game and they replay the pre-game clips. There your players are dancing and having a good time while the opponents' coach is shown rallying his troops getting them mentally ready?
Samaria

PostPosted: 08/31/06 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know what's up with Sac and their wirstbands? A couple of Sac players gave us their wristbands when they played us in the regular season, but now they say they can't, Maiga told us it's some superstition. I think they must have been wearing the same wristbands throughout the playoffs (And therefore haven't lost with them). When they won the WCF this year and took the team picture, Nicole P was holding up her wristband saying something.

???

I want Nicole's wristband tomorrow. Sad

PostPosted: 08/31/06 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lilswin2003 wrote:
Does anyone know what's up with Sac and their wirstbands? A couple of Sac players gave us their wristbands when they played us in the regular season, but now they say they can't, Maiga told us it's some superstition. I think they must have been wearing the same wristbands throughout the playoffs (And therefore haven't lost with them). When they won the WCF this year and took the team picture, Nicole P was holding up her wristband saying something.

???

Those seem to be their good-luck charms. The team usually does something for unity every year. I remember the all-black footwear in 2004, they had black socks and black sneaks... didn't work. Last year, everyone wore the purple wrist bands... won the championship. So naturally, the purple wristbands are back.

I don't think they're giving up their good-luck charms. Wink

Samaria

PostPosted: 08/31/06 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MamaBristow wrote:
lilswin2003 wrote:

???

Those seem to be their good-luck charms. The team usually does something for unity every year. I remember the all-black footwear in 2004, they had black socks and black sneaks... didn't work. Last year, everyone wore the purple wrist bands... won the championship. So naturally, the purple wristbands are back.

Are they wearing them all throughout the finals or until they lose?

PostPosted: 08/31/06 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

golden33 wrote:
golden33 wrote:
prz wrote:
cometswin5 wrote:
I'll be working late tonight...

Is there a webcast? I tried the links but got nuthin!

Crying or Very sad

You can always download TVUPlayer! It broadcasts ESPN2 Wink

is that a safe thing to download? I see it's free and am always slightly wary about that kinda stuff. the last thing I need is for my computer to get a virus.

anyone?

Sorry for the late reply.... No virus, no spyware, it's a perfectly safe software. The only thing is that ESPN2 broadcast in a low stream so the quality is not that great, but on this side of the ocean is the only way I can watch the finals Rolling Eyes

Great game Monarchs but Detroit is comin' hard on game 2. I expect a great game on Friday!

Samaria

PostPosted: 08/31/06 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lilswin2003 wrote:
MamaBristow wrote:
lilswin2003 wrote:

???

Does anyone know the answer?

PostPosted: 08/31/06 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lilswin2003 wrote:

They wore them all the way through the Finals last year. Even after the Game 2 loss. I'm sure they'll be wearing them until they lose a playoff series. If they win it all this year, expect to see them wearing them in the playoffs next year (should they make it). If they lose this series to the Shock, I would guess that they'll try something new next time.

Samaria

PostPosted: 08/31/06 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MamaBristow wrote:
lilswin2003 wrote:

They wore them all the way through the Finals last year. Even after the Game 2 loss. I'm sure they'll be wearing them until they lose a playoff series. If they win it all this year, expect to see them wearing them in the playoffs next year (should they make it). If they lose this series to the Shock, I would guess that they'll try something new next time.

So even if they lose this game, I won't get one?

Mad

PostPosted: 08/31/06 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lilswin2003 wrote:

So even if they lose this game, I won't get one?

Mad

I'm guessing that would be a negative.

DNA Fan

PostPosted: 08/31/06 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

I just found it! Shocked Laughing

http://sportspagemagazine.com/images/WNBA/2006/Shock-71-Monarch-95/21.html

Stop the presses! Stop the hot damn presses!! We won the ship!! Very Happy

*fondles lucky Penny!*

The Big Three!

Like a fanstatic story told in three parts:

In the beginning there was Dee
In the middle there was Penny
Though all parts are interchanagable -- at the end of this story there was Cappie!!

- PHX Mercury '07 Champs!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: