: )

Yeah, but a game like THAT? It better not happen again! Laughing

Stop the presses! Stop the hot damn presses!! We won the ship!! Very Happy

*fondles lucky Penny!*

The Big Three!

Like a fanstatic story told in three parts:

In the beginning there was Dee
In the middle there was Penny
Though all parts are interchanagable -- at the end of this story there was Cappie!!

- PHX Mercury '07 Champs!!
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 08/30/06 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn Detroit. Oh well move on to game 2. GO Monarchs and Go Shock

bahanee

PostPosted: 08/30/06 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bring on game 2!

It takes more than skill to play for the DETROIT SHOCK, it takes attitude and heart...
SueBirdFan

PostPosted: 08/30/06 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bahanee wrote:
Bring on game 2!

Very Happy

Go Storm!

"Go smack yourself in the face and see what happens."
Queenie

PostPosted: 08/30/06 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I realize the Finals might be a little late to make with the realization, but man, Whiz waits forever to pull the starters in a blowout, doesn't he?

PostPosted: 08/30/06 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
I like the part where the Monarchs won.

: )

1 down & it don't matter how you do it but 2 to go.
Thank you Monarchs !

Signed, A Western Conference Fan Mr. Green

PostPosted: 08/30/06 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I realize the Finals might be a little late to make with the realization, but man, Whiz waits forever to pull the starters in a blowout, doesn't he?

Yes he does. Mad

Sacramento played excellent tonight and Detroit needs their energy back.

"Live your dreams"

Last edited by djshorty on 08/31/06 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
sambista

PostPosted: 08/30/06 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i nodded out. what happened?

PostPosted: 08/30/06 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:

nothing.

PEACE
dabirdyballa10

PostPosted: 08/30/06 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

heres my feeling and words summed up about this game:
Mad

"Basketball is life."
orangeblood

PostPosted: 08/30/06 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's my feelings about this game: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

One big smile for every three that K-Law hit!

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 08/30/06 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
It's a wednesday. That's gotta hurt attendance.

The Shock got whooped in game one last time they were in the finals...

I can't see them being swept.

Agreed about Wednesday. And the Palace is huge; it makes medium-sized crowds look small. The crowd was certainly into it at the beginning.

You're right about game one in 2003:
http://www.wnba.com/shock/history/LADET_030912.html
(Don't look at the final score-- look at the halftime score.)

But that was on the road, and the Shock were the underdogs. (Though I guess they're the underdogs now.)

txcomets

PostPosted: 08/30/06 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welcome to Café Sacramento tonight for dinner!

Let me tell you about the 3-course meal that we are featuring tonight.

Course #1 - Tonight you will dine on the used-to-be tough Houston Comets featuring a heavily sautéed and highly tenderized old ass team with a side of Mississippi mispronunciations. They used to be tough, but here at Cafe Sacramento, we have beaten them down with a tenderizer so that you will not be able to recognize them and served them up with a side of your-championships-were-so-long-ago-that-no-one-remembers sauce. You will be able to swallow this dish whole without ever noticing that you ate anything. However, this is a lovely start to your meal here at Café Sacramento. It will whet your appetite for the second course.

For your next Course - #2 - We will be serving the Los Angeles Sparks with an elbow-throwing, I-never-foul disappearing in the playoffs reduction sauce called LLL. This will be complimented by a side dish that is comprised of a Jelly Bean and a funky attitude. Again, you will hardly break a sweat consuming this course, but it will make you hungry for the final one.

The final Course - #3 – This course will last longer than the first two but it will be worth it. Your pallet will be splashed with a main dish consisting of a useless Amazing Woman coupled a Once MVP That Dismantled Lisa Leslie’s Hair in the 2003 Finals who was ineffective tonight. While this course is far from over, here at Café Sacramento, we are confident that when you will complete your meal on Saturday, September 9, that you will be extremely satisfied.

Thank you for choosing Café Sacramento!
Bon appetite!!!

peaceplease

PostPosted: 08/30/06 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

c_eggleston wrote:
sebibb wrote:

nothing.

did you get to see the part where cheryl ford smarted off to bl and he repeated what she said on national television? Rolling Eyes

PEACE
sambista

PostPosted: 08/30/06 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

c_eggleston wrote:
c_eggleston wrote:
sebibb wrote:

nothing.

did you get to see the part where cheryl ford smarted off to bl and he repeated what she said on national television? Rolling Eyes

oh, i did catch that. yeah, what you did - eye roll.

when you become a victim of your own cleverness, you stop being clever.

PostPosted: 08/30/06 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geez.

I couldn't even watch after the third quarter. And I've not seen Bill just sitting there with his head in his hand before.

Sac came so hungry for this win. I wish Detroit had that kind of intensity tonight. The other thing about Sac, besides amazing defense, is they really play like a team. I didn't expect such a pounding, though.

I hope Detroit can get it together and keep the Monarchs away from that trophy.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
accommodatingly

PostPosted: 08/30/06 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:

oh, i did catch that. yeah, what you did - eye roll.

when you become a victim of your own cleverness, you stop being clever.

Also Bill disputing the shooting/ non-shooting foul call for Lawson WITH THE TV ANNOUNCERS after Lawson had made her free throws and the Shock had the ball across halfcourt. Way to focus on your team, Bill. I'd say having him miked up is worth about three points to the Shock's opponents.

I also think Coach Whiz needs to worry about complacency. Though-- as with everything else about the Monarchs-- there's an unusual amount of redundancy built in: if anyone gets so complacent she stops playing defense, Whiz can get a replacement up off the bench. (The exceptions are Yo and Kara, and they don't get complacent, though they can get tired.)

Last edited by accommodatingly on 08/30/06 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
smenko

PostPosted: 08/30/06 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK--first of all...Bill Davidson rolled by in a motorized wheelchair...then I turned in my seat to wave hi to my friends and saw Donna O., her family, and a contingency of people seated three rows behind me. I wanted so desparately to ask her to get number 39 ref off the floor and unofficiating the game. I understand now why I couldn't get my regular seat--the media took up three rows with tables and chairs and computers, etc. in that area.

After the game...I waited as my grandkid got an autograph from Angelina Williams...I got a 2006 WNBA Finals pin handed to me by one of the contingent that hung out with Donna. Neat!

Kristin Haynie had about 30 people who came out to the game to cheer her on from Mason, MI. She came out to greet them all with hugs and kisses after the game.

Oh, the game. Well, there's always Friday. Bill was really pissed at Swin. All the Shock players were frustrated. Frustrated to the nth degree. The guy next to me kept yelling for Bill to put Batteast into the game. Why? I asked. He said, "She's a real good 3-shooter." I said, "Once in a while she plop one in." He didn't talk to him much after that. I sure hope his last name wasn't Batteast.

smenko

PostPosted: 08/30/06 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry--I promise English is not my second language. The last paragraph in my previous post was messed. But, they are waiting for me to come and watch the DVR'd Project Runway.

DTP

PostPosted: 08/30/06 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I dont like Swin and Cheryl's attitudes especially Swin she just didnt bring it tonight. Also Kara and Cheryl just sitting there after missing a layup or whatever has to stop get back on defense please. Kara stop just getting the ball and throwing it hoping they catch it, that doesn't work at this level especially against sacramento. Hmm... its going to be fun to see how they come back from this.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/30/06 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn it, Shock! I am only going to root for you one series during the season. Don't screw it up Evil or Very Mad

Orion

PostPosted: 08/30/06 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ah, yes, Ref #39, Michael Price. I think Alana ran over his dog once. Wink

Ford will never make the National Team with her attitude. Nor should she. As I've said ibefore -- that woman has some immaturity or something a bit mental going on. Acts like a teenager and BL treats her like one, too. Curious dynamic they occasionally have going on. Too bad, too. She can be a very, very powerful player.

PostPosted: 08/30/06 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orion wrote:

Ford will never make the National Team with her attitude. Nor should she.

Maturity and good behavior are clearly not criteria for making the team. Take a look at the roster.

Orion

PostPosted: 08/30/06 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think I catch what you are saying, but except for MS (who is not on the team yet), none of the other players just give up and/or wrangle with the coaches the way CF seems to do.

PostPosted: 08/30/06 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Everyone take a shot whenever Doris Burke says flat-out anything Laughing

How 'bout when she says "Player Y is long and athletic"? Can we take shots next game for that Burke-ism? Very Happy I'm going to the liquor store on Friday... Exclamation Grey Goose maybe?

As usual, I shy away from posting during games in which my team(s) is (are) involved. But damn...this one really wasn't close at any juncture beyond the first quarter.

Barney Rubble...what can I say? She can really yabba dabba DO IT UP out there! Smile She's come a long, long, looooooooong way since her early season difficulties. I, for one, am proud of K-Law. I did kinda get on her case good early on. Embarassed

And Haynie...HAYNIE...KRISTIN FRIGGIN HAYNIE came through! YES! What more can you ask for? "Hometown girl" makes triumphant return to Mich. and plays her ass off on a huge women's basketball stage. Kid, you done good by me. Wink

Oh what else? Well, for those who were wondering whether or not Enterline and Corteau reffed NCAA games, they do. I've seen them regularly reffing ACC games and yes, they still suck ass. Exclamation

Last, but certainly not least, I'd like to congratulate the Monarchs on a job well done in Game 1! But it ain't over yet...so STAY HUNGRY!!!!!!!

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: