RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 65, 66, 67  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHoops

PostPosted: 09/21/16 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shoni has made a sudden resurgence on social media and posted a picture of herself in uniform urging fans to tune in for the playoffs. I'm assuming this is her unofficial way of saying, "I'm back?"

toad455

PostPosted: 09/21/16 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Shoni has made a sudden resurgence on social media and posted a picture of herself in uniform urging fans to tune in for the playoffs. I'm assuming this is her unofficial way of saying, "I'm back?"

I'll take whoever is healthy. But Stokes is our biggest need out of the four injured players.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/21/16 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kiah is our biggest need by a mile, no doubt. Especially given who we are playing and how they resembled the Phoenix team of 2014 in the second half tonight.

I'd welcome Shoni back though. At least it's another shooter. If the game starts 17-4 Phoenix or something like that, it might take another shooter to get us going.

I can without reservation say that I am even more concerned about this game seeing how Phoenix played tonight than I was before. And I was already concerned. Phoenix showed toughness, poise and composure they often lacked during the season.

PostPosted: 09/21/16 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

I'll take whoever is healthy. But Stokes is our biggest need out of the four injured players.

We bring out the worst in phoenix...that's for both good and bad...last two games both it led to a nuclear meltdown on Phonenix's bench...but also spirited bench play

agree stokes is vital...but we beat em with 8 in reg season when they were fighting for the playoffs and we had little to play for and were locked into 3rd

game in PHX was an infamous fustercluck (TM Queenie) and out penchant for blowing leads reared it's ugly head but we held on...in fact I think that was a turning point as that is concerned.

First game was at that time a patented Lib choke job...except for a little help from the Ref...mind you all their guns for one of the few times was in doubles...they still needed OT

We'll see about stokes...that will be big...knew any of these 4 would be dangerous BUT...Phoenix won but whoever posted the warning about Indiana being flat...Two bits there! wow...great call...cuz they were flatter than a pancake and I truly thought PHX played just above average.

I wont call the game...it will be close it will be tense and we need all hands on deck...Rodgers needs to hit and wright needs to be there for D...but I'm cautiously optimistic. Would rather have them than SEA in all truth

PostPosted: 09/21/16 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A healthy T Wright will be vital against Taurasi. Always a great matchup

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 09/21/16 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Though I do feel better playing Phoenix than Seattle. Maybe we'll get the bad Mercury team on Saturday like we saw on Sept. 3.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/21/16 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arrow

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/21/16 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

We bring out the worst in phoenix...that's for both good and bad...last two games both it led to a nuclear meltdown on Phonenix's bench...but also spirited bench play

This is part of why I am worried. Taurasi and Griner kept their emotions in check even when questionable calls went against them tonight. They appear to have brought a different mentality to the playoffs.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 09/21/16 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
justintyme

PostPosted: 09/21/16 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Though I do feel better playing Phoenix than Seattle. Maybe we'll get the bad Mercury team on Saturday like we saw on Sept. 3.

If you get the team that showed up tonight you all should win easily. Phoenix was not at all impressive and it took Indy to miss wide open shot after wide open shot to actually lose.

PostPosted: 09/21/16 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

THIS...they are SOOOO prone to self destruction...Xargay has helped stabilize things yes but you can have meltdowns, t's, foul trouble the works...even in a game where Indy was uninspired they gave up a 10-1 run before taking control back late...that's my thing, they have the talent on paper...but they are not as together and it's an easy to unbalance apple cart...and we've knocked it over and threw it off a cliff twice in 3 meetings this year

PostPosted: 09/21/16 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How the game is officiated will be key in this game particularly because DT and Griner can be vulnerable to foul difficulties. If Taurasi is allowed to use her hands a lot and Griner is allowed some freedom to make body contact, it could be a long night.

If Griner and DT are called for borderline fouls then it could be a long night too...for Phoenix.

PostPosted: 09/21/16 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
How the game is officiated will be key in this game particularly because DT and Griner can be vulnerable to foul difficulties. If Taurasi is allowed to use her hands a lot and Griner is allowed some freedom to make body contact, it could be a long night.

If Griner and DT are called for borderline fouls then it could be a long night too...for Phoenix.

It's BG I'm worried about.
DT traditionally does play risky defence, but lately she seems to be taking the safe option and just not playing any at all Razz

PostPosted: 09/21/16 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

It's BG I'm worried about.
DT traditionally does play risky defence, but lately she seems to be taking the safe option and just not playing any at all Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/23/16 5:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like we get Stokes on Saturday. I'd assuming Rodgers is good to go as her injury wasn't anything serious. Shimmel has shown signs on Twitter that she might be cleared to play. The only questionable player now is Prince. Might we have a full squad on Saturday?

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 09/23/16 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Looks like we get Stokes on Saturday. I'd assuming Rodgers is good to go as her injury wasn't anything serious. Shimmel has shown signs on Twitter that she might be cleared to play. The only questionable player now is Prince. Might we have a full squad on Saturday?

could be a game changer...not that she can play 30 mins with 6 points 5 blocks and 4 boards but if we can get 10-15 minutes out of her to avoid...

Having to go to Zone to protect Charles from Fouls/forcing Charles to play back because of fouls

Burning Swords out in the 2nd half because Zahui is being an idiot and giving up easy shots

Having to play Charles extended time at 5 because Swords is in foul trouble and Zahui is being ineffective.

that could swing a close game back into our favor.

It sounds like full strength...no clue on Prince but with all the rest there may have been some crazy like a fox by Bill here just to make SURE she was playoff ready and we didn't lose her on some stupid thing in a meaningless game.

The same above goes double for Sugar. I think she's fine. If she's not we need to pray that Prince can do some wiggins style spot shooting...remember...Ineffective guard shooting is what killed us last year as much as anything...wiggins bailed us out...what we need is either Prince or even Shoni to take that role should we need it.

PostPosted: 09/23/16 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fitness wise I wouldn't be surprised if Kiah is able to approach 30 minutes. Pain wise is the determining factor I think. She's one of the most fit players in the league IMO. Not much loss of energy even after playing 30+ minutes. I think she can get in game shape fast when healthy. The key is how healthy is she?

PostPosted: 09/23/16 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Howard Megdal @howardmegdal
Biggest news out of @nyliberty practice? @kstokes41 cleared to play, "limited minutes" per Bill Laimbeer.

Wonder how many minutes she will get in spurts.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/23/16 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ah ok. There goes my theory/pipe dream. Well, if we get through tomorrow, hopefully she is able to be more Kiah-like for the next series. If.

PostPosted: 09/23/16 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Quote:
Biggest news out of @nyliberty practice? @kstokes41 cleared to play, "limited minutes" per Bill Laimbeer.

Are there any updates on Prince, Sugar or Shimmel?

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/23/16 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

Yes. Press conference today. Shoni Shimmel has changed her name to Shoni Schimmel. Smile

PostPosted: 09/23/16 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
toad455 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

Yes. Press conference today. Shoni Shimmel has changed her name to Shoni Schimmel. Smile

Whoops, I missed a letter.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 09/23/16 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
toad455 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

Whoops, I missed a letter.

I hope we will get a genuine update on the players you've mentioned.

PostPosted: 09/23/16 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

we have Stokes. Have should have Sugar as her injury wasn't anything serious. Prince is likely questionable. Schimmel will be needed if Prince is out.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/23/16 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I noticed earlier today that sections 104, 110, 114 & 120 lowered their tickets prices to $23 & $33. Those sections are nearly sold-out now. Overall, MSG looks like it'll be soldout(lower bowl/100s). They should open up the 200s(2,000 seats @ $20) to help fill the arena.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 09/23/16 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I noticed earlier today that sections 104, 110, 114 & 120 lowered their tickets prices to $23 & $33. Those sections are nearly sold-out now. Overall, MSG looks like it'll be soldout(lower bowl/100s). They should open up the 200s(2,000 seats @ $20) to help fill the arena.

THIS no turning away fans...use whatever you can to get as many eyeballs in the arena its the best way to sell no matter who wins

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 66 of 67

Jump to: