pilight

PostPosted: 05/12/24 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics have waived Kaylynne Truong, Jakia Brown-Turner, and Elissa Cunane

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/28/24 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everybody knows the Mystics are a hot mess. And most everybody knows how they got here. What can they do to salvage a rebuilding season?

The biggest loss (Cloud) was replaced by the best performing new player (Vanloo). But it's hard to replace the verbal dominance Cloud had, with everyone falling into place on the floor quickly. Sykes could be that player if she comes back from injury fairly soon. And, obviously, Shakira needs to be on the floor more than she's off the floor. The Mystics just had a couple years of experiencing a "now you see her, now you don't" front court player. No matter how good they are, a player who's off the floor as much as they're on the floor disrupts team chemistry, including the role each player is in the team being successful. If Shakira is not ready to play, find someone (anyone) ready to play every game. We don't need another year of this. Seriously. We had that with Queen but let her go for nothing - another serious mistake by GM Mike.

I have avoided putting all of the blame on Eric - mostly because I believe Mike T is equally to blame for this mess. It's a shame that the man who saved this franchise from mediocrity is now partially responsible for the mess they now are (and completely responsible considering he hired the other half).

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 05/28/24 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it were any other team I'd say "pray for Bueckers", but I know how the Mystics lottery luck goes and with the Sparks in the drawing with them they've got no shot at her.

The 'Stics are going to bad for a while.

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
HomerCecil

PostPosted: 05/28/24 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shakira Austin is talented with a lot of upside, but passing on Rhyne Howard is also starting to look like another big mistake. She’s seventh in the league in scoring at 21.5 points per game while adding 7 rebounds per game. At 6-2, she’s the wing player the Mystics have never had, and she’s shootjng 46% from the field and 39% from three. She’s scored more than twice as many points as Austin in her career, partially because she’s more durable.

When Thibault traded the first pick for the third, he said each of the top three players in the draft would be equal in his eyes. That’s looking like a mistake.

The Mystics’ leading scorer, Ariel Atkins, is 31st in the league in scoring.

Cloud wouldn’t be well suited to help this team THAT much because she’s not a great shooter, either, but she could have been cored and then at least traded for something. She would not have chosen to sit out like EDD has.

No free agents are going to have any interest in coming here aside from ones who wouldn’t get paid as much anywhere else (all due respect to Samuelson and Dolson), and I tend to agree that getting Bueckers seems unlikely.

Things look grim, and while some changes needed to happen, they could have happened in a less messy way.

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 05/28/24 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Double post, apologies. Another Mystake. Wink

wnbafan

PostPosted: 05/29/24 5:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Everybody knows the Mystics are a hot mess. And most everybody knows how they got here. What can they do to salvage a rebuilding season?

The biggest loss (Cloud) was replaced by the best performing new player (Vanloo). But it's hard to replace the verbal dominance Cloud had, with everyone falling into place on the floor quickly. Sykes could be that player if she comes back from injury fairly soon. And, obviously, Shakira needs to be on the floor more than she's off the floor. The Mystics just had a couple years of experiencing a "now you see her, now you don't" front court player. No matter how good they are, a player who's off the floor as much as they're on the floor disrupts team chemistry, including the role each player is in the team being successful. If Shakira is not ready to play, find someone (anyone) ready to play every game. We don't need another year of this. Seriously. We had that with Queen but let her go for nothing - another serious mistake by GM Mike.

I have avoided putting all of the blame on Eric - mostly because I believe Mike T is equally to blame for this mess. It's a shame that the man who saved this franchise from mediocrity is now partially responsible for the mess they now are (and completely responsible considering he hired the other half).

Well put. I am still so angry at the off-season moves that I don't even make a point to watch their games.
I can't find it but I watched an interview with Cloud where she Said she was fired on December 13. That tells me the Mystics didn't offer her anything to stay.

I hope Philly gets a team soon.

PostPosted: 05/29/24 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Shakira Austin is talented with a lot of upside, but passing on Rhyne Howard is also starting to look like another big mistake. She’s seventh in the league in scoring at 21.5 points per game while adding 7 rebounds per game. At 6-2, she’s the wing player the Mystics have never had, and she’s shootjng 46% from the field and 39% from three. She’s scored more than twice as many points as Austin in her career, partially because she’s more durable.

When Thibault traded the first pick for the third, he said each of the top three players in the draft would be equal in his eyes. That’s looking like a mistake.

The Mystics’ leading scorer, Ariel Atkins, is 31st in the league in scoring.

Cloud wouldn’t be well suited to help this team THAT much because she’s not a great shooter, either, but she could have been cored and then at least traded for something. She would not have chosen to sit out like EDD has.

No free agents are going to have any interest in coming here aside from ones who wouldn’t get paid as much anywhere else (all due respect to Samuelson and Dolson), and I tend to agree that getting Bueckers seems unlikely.

Things look grim, and while some changes needed to happen, they could have happened in a less messy way.

Well, the Mystics had such a serious lack of height, Mike T HAD TO make that move. Shakira was definitely the player the Mystics needed the most. So many other mistakes - I don't believe that was one of them.

~rAf
Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/30/24 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like how Vanloo is fitting in with this team. But you know this team ia in trouwde when Samuelson is one of your topscorers

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: