Storm
71%
 71%  [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 52

norwester

PostPosted: 09/07/18 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Im calling it now Washington wont win 1 game this series. Brooms anyone?

Wasn't that long ago when literally this exact game was happening in Washington except the roles were reversed.

True. But that was the end of a long road trip too

PostPosted: 09/07/18 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least we have Ariel.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/07/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
At least we have Ariel.

Maybe Clark should be guarding her.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 09/07/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was one of the worst Jordin Canada stretches I've seen all year... Shocked

Driving layup into a triple-team, missed...

Passing to an already double-teamed Stewart, Stewart loses ball...

Dribble stolen/lost...

No defense on the guard...

All TOs led to easy quick baskets on the other end...

Yikes... Shocked Come on SEA... don't get overconfident like in the last series
Exclamation

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/07/18 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

The Storm have a confidence and swagger not seen since 2010. We win the ‘ship and it’ll be because of that two month training camp with Sue,Stewie and Jewel. We win the ‘ship and pre-training training camps pop up all over the league 😂

Last edited by Force10rulz on 09/08/18 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/07/18 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
At least we have Ariel.

Absolutely not. Shutting down Toliver scoring wise but also her distribution to her teammates is the most important thing. Make the others beat you

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 09/07/18 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I think Mystics regroup for Sunday. But the D by Seattle was fantastic tonight!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 09/07/18 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Washington was always out-matched from the beginning... Confused

The only chance to win would be for the team to have great execution and for EDD to play like an MVP... Idea

Well, with that knee injury, the possibility of the latter went out the window. Confused

What does EDD have now... 10 points? 10?!?!? Shocked

Randy

PostPosted: 09/07/18 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
At least we have Ariel.

Absolutely not. Shutting down Toliver scoring wise but also her distribution to her teammates is the most important thing. Make the others beat you

Hard to argue with the result.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/07/18 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
Where was everyone when fowles demanded a trade to Minnesota because she wanted an easy title? That's worse than going home, but both her and edd had the right to do it.

I disagree that it's worse. These players' careers are too short to expect them to be willing to waste them playing on garbage teams; wanting to win a championship is the best reason to want to be traded somewhere.

Also, people were all up and down this forum with their hot takes when Fowles held out; where were you?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/07/18 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Players want to leave for all sorts of reasons, I’m not sure why this reason is any better or worse than any other. Organizations know their players. If I had Delle Donne, given her past actions and her obvious feelings (which, IMO, are super touching emotions, and actions that make me like Delle Donne more), I would have been prepared for this. It’s far different, than say, Cappie wanting to go to NY cause she’s into fashion. (Which again, I don’t even care about. Great players hardly get any free agency. So..teams have to deal with this type of situation.)

I'm sure that fashion is what made New York an attractive destination to Pondexter, but you'll never convince me that that's the reason why she wanted out of Phoenix.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Shades

PostPosted: 09/07/18 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie would love that comment that Hughes was complimenting the Lynx for doing such a good job of developing Howard.

Thank you, Reeve. We know who gave her the one EOY vote.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bryan_february_

PostPosted: 09/07/18 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I only watched the first half before I got bored but Washington played nervous. There were quite a few stupid passes that led to easy buckets on the other end, ultimately leading to Seattle running away with it early and never looking back. Here's hoping with this disaster of a game out the way they can calm down and play the basketball that brought them here. And oh, looking at the box score, Atkins is unbelievable! 10-14 FGs??? Wow. Shocked

PostPosted: 09/07/18 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
tfan wrote:
There you go SpaceJunkie, Lobo says “Minnesota wanted to re-sign her but they simply couldn’t afford her”.

That's a terribly misleading statement that I was able to debunk when the Megdal Database got updated. Reeve made going after Tanisha Wright her top priority (she went after her long before Montgomery even left), even tough the Lynx wouldn't be able to afford her after accounting for how much it would cost to re-sign Howard and Montgomery (or find a replacement PG if Montgomery left as a UFA like Robinson). All Reeve had to do was scour the globe for a cheaper option than Wright and/or trust Jones/Zandalasini as backups at SG, or try Maya Moore playing SG when Augustus is on the bench.
Reeve violated the top rules of being a GM such as: Keep talent at all costs and don't trade players at their lowest value (your job isn't supposed to be to make other teams better). That's why I'm suspicious she is a plant whose only job is to win titles for other teams such as Seattle (and if not, I reserve the right to call her an idiot, especially when she called us people worrying about the Lynx when they started this season out slow "stupid").

Hate to agree with Space Wink but clearly it was a choice about who to sign. Reeve chose older almost over the hill players rather than one of her few youngsters.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 09/07/18 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I also don't think Loyd goes off in Game 2. I never want a sweep in a Finals, so I'd really like the Mystics to win Game 2.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
craigmont

PostPosted: 09/07/18 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
tfan wrote:
There you go SpaceJunkie, Lobo says “Minnesota wanted to re-sign her but they simply couldn’t afford her”.

That's a terribly misleading statement that I was able to debunk when the Megdal Database got updated. Reeve made going after Tanisha Wright her top priority (she went after her long before Montgomery even left), even tough the Lynx wouldn't be able to afford her after accounting for how much it would cost to re-sign Howard and Montgomery (or find a replacement PG if Montgomery left as a UFA like Robinson). All Reeve had to do was scour the globe for a cheaper option than Wright and/or trust Jones/Zandalasini as backups at SG, or try Maya Moore playing SG when Augustus is on the bench.
Reeve violated the top rules of being a GM such as: Keep talent at all costs and don't trade players at their lowest value (your job isn't supposed to be to make other teams better). That's why I'm suspicious she is a plant whose only job is to win titles for other teams such as Seattle (and if not, I reserve the right to call her an idiot, especially when she called us people worrying about the Lynx when they started this season out slow "stupid").

Hate to agree with Space Wink but clearly it was a choice about who to sign. Reeve chose older almost over the hill players rather than one of her few youngsters.

Welcome to yet another Lynx thread.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/07/18 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is surprising that this thread has not attracted more interest. The game wasn't even on that late so most people could watch it.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/07/18 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:

I was talking about Lobo's comments during the game, so I was technically on topic. If I had anything more to say, which is usually the exact same thing, I'd continue in the Minnesota Lynx 2018 or Minnesota Lynx 2019 threads. Laughing

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/07/18 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
craigmont wrote:

I was talking about Lobo's comments during the game, so I was technically on topic. If I had anything more to say, which is usually the exact same thing, I'd continue in the Minnesota Lynx 2018 or Minnesota Lynx 2019 threads. Laughing

Your self-awareness there gave me a Smile. Nice one.

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/07/18 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I also don't think Loyd goes off in Game 2. I never want a sweep in a Finals, so I'd really like the Mystics to win Game 2.

Well, we all know the Mystics can play a lot better than that. Atkins is the real deal and Tolliver is unlikely to stay that cold. That's why Della Donne's injury is so unfortunate. We're only getting about 95% of their potential in this series.

scrappy

PostPosted: 09/07/18 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
It is surprising that this thread has not attracted more interest. The game wasn't even on that late so most people could watch it.

because it's a blow out, lope sided, boring game with zero excitement.

PostPosted: 09/08/18 5:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Players want to leave for all sorts of reasons, I’m not sure why this reason is any better or worse than any other. Organizations know their players. If I had Delle Donne, given her past actions and her obvious feelings (which, IMO, are super touching emotions, and actions that make me like Delle Donne more), I would have been prepared for this. It’s far different, than say, Cappie wanting to go to NY cause she’s into fashion. (Which again, I don’t even care about. Great players hardly get any free agency. So..teams have to deal with this type of situation.)

I'm sure that fashion is what made New York an attractive destination to Pondexter, but you'll never convince me that that's the reason why she wanted out of Phoenix.

My personal opinion is that she was fine being #2 on the team, but couldn’t handle being #3. However, that isn’t backed up by anything, and might be an unfair judge of Cappie’s Character.

I don’t think it was a personal issue with teammates though, given it was Diana that was making trips to try and convince her to stay.

PostPosted: 09/08/18 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

My personal opinion is that she was fine being #2 on the team, but couldn’t handle being #3. However, that isn’t backed up by anything, and might be an unfair judge of Cappie’s Character.

I don’t think it was a personal issue with teammates though, given it was Diana that was making trips to try and convince her to stay.

Tell that to Penny who got slapped in the face the first game their played against each other Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 09/08/18 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love Clark's floor game. The way she gets out in transition and moves without the ball. But I think her individual defense is a bit overblown. Clark's a terrific team defender. She does an excellent job of chasing players around screens, doubling, rotating and funneling her player to the help defender. However, Clark’s one on one defense isn't on the level of a Beard, Bonner, Hayes January or even DeShields.I see players drive around her all the time. SF/SG's that are 6’0 and up can be tough covers. Clark's at her best when she’s guarding players who are more in her height range(5’9-5’11)...That being said, I don’t want to undervalue Clark’s defensive impact. She’s an important piece of the puzzle. She complements Stewart and Howard perfectly.

The Mystics, specifically Toliver and Pringle, failed to capitalize on
a number of opportunities in the 1st quarter:

9:29-Sanders unforced Turnover.
8:30-Sanders missed wide open layup.
7:45-Toliver wide open on back door cut, Sanders doesn't pass the ball.
6:26-Sanders missed wide open jump shot.
6:07-Toliver hits the backboard on wide open look.
5:17-Toliver wide open on back door cut, Sanders doesn't pass the ball.
5:14-Toliver comes off the screen and is open, Sanders isn't even looking at her...Toliver throws her hand in the air in disgust.
4:33-Toliver unforced Turnover. Ball slops out of her hands.
3:40-Toliver unforced Turnover on behind the back pass Laughing
2:15-Toliver unforced Turnover.Throws ball over EDD head.
:40-Toliver drives around Clark and missed a wide open layup.

Washington’s poor first quarter set the tone for the rest of the game.

Keys to game 2:
KT hitting shots at a higher rate and limiting her turnovers.
Better performance from EDD.
Transition defense.
Quicker defensive rotations on ball screens, especially when Howard is setting the screen.

Injured or not, Sanders must be more aggressive and do a better job of hitting shots and passing to the open cutter. If not, Mike T needs to increase Hawkins minutes. Atkins getting more than 1 rebound would also help. Atkins had a great offensive game. But if Seattle's going to guard Atkins with Loyd, she needs to get 5 or more rebounds,especially with EDD being less than 100%.

Last edited by zune69 on 09/08/18 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/08/18 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
Randy wrote:

because it's a blow out, lope sided, boring game with zero excitement.

yeah, I have to admit that I only watched a bit here and there.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: