59%
 59%  [ 16 ]
Wings
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 27

toad455

PostPosted: 05/20/17 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really hope Akhator is injured, otherwise why isn't she getting any playing time?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 05/20/17 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I really hope Akhator is injured, otherwise why isn't she getting any playing time?

Shakhator is hurt. She sprained her ankle in practice.

PostPosted: 05/20/17 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PEGASUS POWER . . . almost.

Very competitive game. Freddie showed confidence in Chong and her defense by playing her the first half of the fourth quarter.
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/20/17 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
I hate that I cannot edit my brain fart for an entire minute.

Yeah, that safety feature is probably not needed here. I might tweak that.

That would be nice.

Done.

Wow, that was fast. Thanks!

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/20/17 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Very competitive game. Freddie showed confidence in Chong and her defense by playing her the first half of the fourth quarter.

I thought Chong looked good. The only drawback was that during her extended play at the end of the 3rd and the first part of the 4th, Gray was sitting on the bench. Gray's offense is far superior to Chong's. Saniya needs to look for her shot more (12 minutes, only 2 shots plus 2 FTs). She's quick and has a nice outside shot. She should use it.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/20/17 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
that is not a flagrant on PP... she didnt know gray was there.

Probably not. But she saw Gray from the right before she turned left and swung the elbow. Why swing it if there's no one there?

The swing is to pivot for an outlet pass. It was clearly a foul since she has to know where people are at, but it was in no way flagrant.

The elbow doesn't need to be that high nor that wide to pivot for an outlet pass. Knowing PP, I think she was at least trying to intimidate with her elbow, even if she wasn't actually trying to hit anyone.

Is PP known as a dirty player? I'll admit to not knowing much about her before joining the Lynx.

Not dirty, but very tough. I like her, but she'll do what it takes.

Laughing PPP historically one of the dirtiest W players to play the game

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/20/17 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
i think diggins and johnson need to work together exclusively in practice.
they just don't have a connection on offense. they need to be hi-lowing the hell out of teams with glory's athleticism, but glory cannot get the ball.

They dont have a connection in any shape form or fashion and ill leave it at that....

PostPosted: 05/20/17 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

I thought Chong looked good. The only drawback was that during her extended play at the end of the 3rd and the first part of the 4th, Gray was sitting on the bench. Gray's offense is far superior to Chong's. Saniya needs to look for her shot more (12 minutes, only 2 shots plus 2 FTs). She's quick and has a nice outside shot. She should use it.

I thought she passed up an open 3 on the break. Led to a turnover the other way. But in a couple weeks hopefully this team is Feeling each other better.

Such a great game to watch. The Wings, whose glaring hole is at the center position, have opened up against 2 teams with beasts in the middle and played strong. Speaking of beasts, it was good to see Syl. Haven't seen her since she played for the Sky. She is always so nice to my boys and such a great role model. And she's just so radiant up close!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/20/17 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
i don't know if Dallas will be a playoff team...but, they are scrappy as heck.

I enjoy any team that plays with this energy. Seems like their home crowd is liking them too.
(Lynx look a class above though)
-
Lovely play to take the lead

This was a great game for 1st time fans to view in person. The place was rocking in the 4th QTR . Alicia Gray has quickly made us forget about Erin and Jordan Sadly Embarassed

PostPosted: 05/20/17 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did anyone else notice our new mascot ? Shocked Im not going yo say anything.... Laughing

PostPosted: 05/20/17 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There was a play in the 3rd qtr where augustus literally snatched T. Howard by the jersey collar and screamed so loud for hervto pick up the intensity. Thats the difference between the two teams. Dallas has more of the pity party type players with social egos that smirk and have things to say back to coaches. Thats allowed from what I've seen over these past 2 seasons tbh

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 05/20/17 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 05/20/17 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Did anyone else notice our new mascot ? Shocked Im not going yo say anything.... Laughing

Her name is Lightning

PostPosted: 05/20/17 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

^^And just when I was about to go to sleep...

Thanks.

Shocked

PostPosted: 05/21/17 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Her name is Lightning

Lightning had swag with a 27 piece and bangs Laughing Embarassed Cool

PostPosted: 05/21/17 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lightning is just a less colorful version of Star, the Orlando Miracle mascot (also a winged horse)

PostPosted: 05/21/17 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Surprised no one brought up diggins-$miths stat line 22 /8/5 / idk about the one steal count. At one point in the 3rd Qtr the jumbotron read she had 8 steals ill have to go back and watch.

PostPosted: 05/21/17 2:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Her name is Lightning

Lightning had swag with a 27 piece and bangs Laughing Embarassed Cool

The woman in the background's face pretty much sums it up.

Going for the My Little Pony demographic?

justintyme

PostPosted: 05/21/17 2:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Going for the My Little Pony demographic?

Hopefully not the cloppers....

PostPosted: 05/21/17 3:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar was great,especially in the 2nd half.Notice in the 3rd quarter when dallas made their run Skylar took 0 shots.She led the comeback by creating offense for her teammates.Gray played a terrific game.She put up 15 pts without forcing the issue.Thorton led the 1st half comeback with 9 pts off the bench.Plaisance/Chong were both solid off the bench.Davis unfortunately came back to down to earth,but she still played solid defense.Mediocre offensive game from Glory.Dallas needs to get Johnson more involved on offense.She's more than capable of averaging 15-17ppg.I understand Glory/her agent are very indifferent towards Dallas organization/Diggins.Don't know if it's jealousy or what.But if Dallas has any plans on making the playoffs and winning a round,Johnson needs to have a bigger role on offense.5 field goal attempts in 30 minutes isn't enough.

Y'all need to cut Paris some slack for the first two games.Griner/Fowles are the two best centers in the world.Fowles first 2 opponents didn't fair much better than Paris:

Boyette:7p/12r/2-7/3-4/31m
Stokes:6p/3r/2-4/2-2/24m

Fowles shot 60% against Boyette & Stokes.....Griner's 2 opponents other than Paris were also mediocre.

De Souza:4p/6r/2-10/19m
Larkins:4p/8r/1-2/25m

At least Paris held Griner to 2 rebounds in the season opener.Courtney's stat line against Fowles wasn't great,but it wasn't awful either:9p/5r/2s/2b/4-5/1-1/22m

RavenDog

PostPosted: 05/21/17 7:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
that is not a flagrant on PP... she didnt know gray was there.

Probably not. But she saw Gray from the right before she turned left and swung the elbow. Why swing it if there's no one there?

The swing is to pivot for an outlet pass. It was clearly a foul since she has to know where people are at, but it was in no way flagrant.

The elbow doesn't need to be that high nor that wide to pivot for an outlet pass. Knowing PP, I think she was at least trying to intimidate with her elbow, even if she wasn't actually trying to hit anyone.

Is PP known as a dirty player? I'll admit to not knowing much about her before joining the Lynx.

Not dirty, but very tough. I like her, but she'll do what it takes.

Laughing PPP historically one of the dirtiest W players to play the game

She knows how to make it look unintended. She knows exactly what she's doing and where her target is. That's her MO, she's a very savvy vet.

Fred let the blood bath go on early in the game and they targeted Gray and banged on Davis to try and intimidate them. Fowles damn near knocked Gray out on a vicious pick. Fred again barely reacted but should have come unglued. Wake up and protect your players Fred. Reeves would have ran onto the floor lividly, thrown her jacket and taken a technical.

Last edited by RavenDog on 05/21/17 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/21/17 7:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
There was a play in the 3rd qtr where augustus literally snatched T. Howard by the jersey collar and screamed so loud for hervto pick up the intensity. Thats the difference between the two teams. Dallas has more of the pity party type players with social egos that smirk and have things to say back to coaches.Thats allowed from what I've seen over these past 2 seasons tbh
Interesting

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/21/17 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
they just don't have a connection on offense. they need to be hi-lowing the hell out of teams with glory's athleticism, but glory cannot get the ball.
This

RavenDog

PostPosted: 05/21/17 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
This

And pass the ball around instead of trying to go one on one. Xmas

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/21/17 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's early, and Dallas has probably had more of its players around for a lengthy training camp than most teams have had. And I know that probably contributes to them looking pretty good out of the gate. However, it's also hard to argue with the fact that Gray, Christmas and Davis give Dallas a pretty good blend of size and athleticism on the wings. With Gray and Davis also having a collegiate championship pedigree.

I picked Dallas pretty low. I may well have been off on that prediction. This team has a lot of players who can attack you and have you back on your heels. They looked good against a great team who's also largely been together for most of camp.

PostPosted: 05/21/17 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
It's early, and Dallas has probably had more of its players around for a lengthy training camp than most teams have had. And I know that probably contributes to them looking pretty good out of the gate. However, it's also hard to argue with the fact that Gray, Christmas and Davis give Dallas a pretty good blend of size and athleticism on the wings. With Gray and Davis also having a collegiate championship pedigree.

I picked Dallas pretty low. I may well have been off on that prediction. This team has a lot of players who can attack you and have you back on your heels. They looked good against a great team who's also largely been together for most of camp.

Dallas is missing Ariel Powers and they have 5 rookies on their opening day roster. Evelyn Akhator is also out, so their play thus far has been quite amazing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: