RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Official Skylar Diggins 2015 off season thread!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCook

PostPosted: 12/06/14 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SCook wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
SCook wrote:

Hmm. Many players work to get exposure. Yes it can be done. But it's not. Why? Because every player doesn't want the exposure that Diggins gets and every player doesn't look like Skylar. That is KEY. I watched a video, ( not sure if it was a preview for the 2013 draft or not) where the topic was mainly about who could help market their team better. You put Skylar, EDD and BG in a line and BG gets picked last on a beauty scale BUT she goes first on a basketball scale. BG gets signed to Nike for being an openly gay athlete and yet, Nike hasn't thought to put her in an ad, or even use her to market an "LGBT" line of clothes, BUT Diggins is in every ad for their bra and etc. The criticism that comes with Diggins is that her face gets her success and it is true. Just like how BG's height and dunking ability get her recognized.

oh, SCook, put that sword down buddy. Laughing

I'm pretty sure BG wasn't "signed for being an openly gay athlete". Nike has her on their roster of athletes because at a minimum, she's damn good, and will have eyes on her when she plays, anything extra is a perk.

In the eyes of many BG is beautiful. There is no need to put her in a lineup. She seems be a happy and confident person... she doesn't need her superfans throwing subtle shade on her colleagues.

BG is signed with Wasserman Group, perhaps she should be with someone else. Durant has changed agencies 3 or 4 times since going pro to build his brand. If Britt wants it, she's smart enough to make the changes, and put the work in. Idea

I was just pointing out what is said. I love Skylar. I think that she is doing what is best for her career and it's great because there are other girls who look up to her and follow their dreams because of her. But people make it seem like it's a hateful remark to say that Skylar has been very marketable because she's a pretty woman. BG is marketable with her endorsements is because she is an openly gay, Dunking, woman. Yes. BG is beautiful. But is she society's version if beatiful. The only negative I felt about Skylar was that she had hype and didn't live up to it. Her second she did and that's it.

Griner didn't live up to first year hype either. She didn't win Rookie of the Year. But second year she did.

Which is true and I've said that as well. Is this not a Diggins thread though??

PostPosted: 12/07/14 7:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:

Interesting. The world or should I say men, notice Diggins for her looks. Her face is what is her best marketing asset and she uses that to such perfection.

No, I don't think you should say men. Women notice other women for their looks. And advertisers use good looking young women to market to women.

I don't know that it is correct to say that her face is her best marketing asset. Her body is probably as important or moreso, at least with regard to other WNBA players. And I am not talking about voluptuousness, just the fact that she is tall, but not real tall and her build is slender for a WNBA player. Which is why, as someone pointed out, they can use her as a normal-young-woman-in-great-shape in ads. They don't need to feature her as a professional basketball player.

zune69

PostPosted: 12/07/14 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar's best marketing asset is 20 pts/5 asst,and being a top 5 mvp candidate throughout the season.She silenced most of her detractors by have a great 2nd season.Rocnation using their entertainment industry connections to get skylar endorsement deals,interviews,magazine covers and front row at fashion week is also a huge factor.I had my doubts about rocnation,but so far so good.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 12/07/14 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Skylar's best marketing asset is 20 pts/5 asst,and being a top 5 mvp candidate throughout the season..

within wbb circles yes...

outside of the wbb where the money is, advertisers aren't checking wnba.com for her stats.

can't wait until the next marketing star in the league emerges.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/09/14 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/other_sports/20141209_Mo_ne_feted_by_Sports_Illustrated_Kids.html

Quote:
Diggins said she was inspired by Davis throughout the summer.

"Me being a professional athlete, you look up to people like that," Diggins said. "It's crazy saying that, because she's so much younger than I am."

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
hyperetic

PostPosted: 12/09/14 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/other_sports/20141209_Mo_ne_feted_by_Sports_Illustrated_Kids.html

Quote:
Diggins said she was inspired by Davis throughout the summer.

"Me being a professional athlete, you look up to people like that," Diggins said. "It's crazy saying that, because she's so much younger than I am."

Uh-oh, now they gotta look into Notre Dame recruiting violations.... Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing JK

Isn't it wonderful how Diggy is staying relevant this off-season? The league could do with more of that. And I know everyone's path is not the same but they should all try to find their own niché.
hyperetic

PostPosted: 12/09/14 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And for those of you who poo-poo what effect Diggy's basketball career has on her outside interests, let me ask you this, without basketball how would she have made herself stand out from the myriad of other smart, athletic beauties with degrees in management-entrepreneurship? Collegiate and pro basketball set her apart.
pilight

PostPosted: 12/09/14 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
And for those of you who poo-poo what effect Diggy's basketball career has on her outside interests, let me ask you this, without basketball how would she have made herself stand out from the myriad of other smart, athletic beauties with degrees in management-entrepreneurship? Collegiate and pro basketball set her apart.

She's made a lot of hay out of being mentioned by Lil Wayne

hyperetic

PostPosted: 12/09/14 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

That kind of notoriety is a little more transient in my point of view. When was the last time you heard about it? Even so, I don't think it was that big of a deal to her notoriety. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't she already a college basketball queen by then?
pilight

PostPosted: 12/09/14 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
pilight wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

That kind of notoriety is a little more transient in my point of view. When was the last time you heard about it? Even so, I don't think it was that big of a deal to her notoriety. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't she already a college basketball queen by then?

The Lil Wayne tweet was the catalyst that propelled her fame beyond the realm of WBB. Without it she's no more famous than any of the WCBB stars that went before her.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 12/09/14 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

The Lil Wayne tweet was the catalyst that propelled her fame beyond the realm of WBB. Without it she's no more famous than any of the WCBB stars that went before her.

I suppose but one could argue without basketball would Weezy have known who Skylar Diggins was?
zune69

PostPosted: 12/13/14 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar hosted the 2014 ND Football Echoes award Show last night.

The Echoes red carpet show

BTW:Daniel Smith is also making his own moves.He designed the banner theme for the ESPN 2014 State Farm Champions Classic

And also designed the program and credentials for the Jimmy V Classic

I think skylar & Daniel complement each other very well.They make a great pair.JMO

Last edited by zune69 on 01/04/15 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
hyperetic

PostPosted: 01/04/15 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://skylardigginsbasketball.com/new-york/
Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/04/15 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
pilight wrote:

I suppose but one could argue without basketball would Weezy have known who Skylar Diggins was?

If she wasnt pretty would Weezy even bother?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
hyperetic

PostPosted: 01/08/15 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pkbp-PJ0TGU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
hyperetic

PostPosted: 01/14/15 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now I'm behind Skylar 100%. I think she has great skill with great potential, presence, marketability, heart and is quite likeable. However, I am just not getting why this is an article, on ESPNW no less.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/athletes-life/blog/post/17244/2-chainz-catches-skylar-diggins-eye-adorable-dunking-daughter
zune69

PostPosted: 01/14/15 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Now I'm behind Skylar 100%. I think she has great skill with great potential, presence, marketability, heart and is quite likeable. However, I am just not getting why this is an article, on ESPNW no less.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/athletes-life/blog/post/17244/2-chainz-catches-skylar-diggins-eye-adorable-dunking-daughter

These writers/blogs need to show Daniel Smith(skylar's boyfriend) some respect.This is just another click bait headline.I think it's sad and lame that espnw would post a non story like this to get clicks.Show Daniel Smith some respect.They need to delete that crap.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 01/14/15 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has the Skylar, EDD, Sue interview been posted here yet?
hyperetic

PostPosted: 01/14/15 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

These writers/blogs need to show Daniel Smith(skylar's boyfriend) some respect.This is just another click bait headline.I think it's sad and lame that espnw would post a non story like this to get clicks.Show Daniel Smith some respect.They need to delete that crap.

"What price celebrity?", huh? Its a long held belief in the peddlers of all things celebrity that stuff about singles, scandals about couples - the more lascivious the better, mixing and matching celebrities in whatever manner that titillates their readership/viewership the best is what gets exposed regardless of whether there is truth in it or not. I feel for the struggles that she and Daniel may be going through as her celebrity grows.
zune69

PostPosted: 01/14/15 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 Chainz also has a fiancé,Nakesha Ward.She is his longtime girlfriend.This article makes him look thirsty when he was just showing Diggins some respect.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 01/22/15 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
This Is How Skylar Diggins Warms Up
WNBA superstar Skylar Diggins credits the intense warm-up she tackles before every workout with helping transform her performance on the court. Now the 24-year-old point guard for the Tulsa Shock is unstoppable—and you can be, too, with her eight-minute routine.

http://www.self.com/body/fitness/2015/01/wnba-skylar-diggins-superstar-warm-up/
hyperetic

PostPosted: 01/27/15 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Skylar Diggins Offers Inside Look to Her Basketball Life With Camp Tour

BAYONNE, NJ -- When Skylar Diggins attended basketball camps at a young age, she would dream that one day she would be running a camp of her own.

http://www.wnba.com/news/skylar_diggins_camp_2015_01_26.html?cid=wnba_12_twitter_L

Sign of a true baller:
Quote:
Despite all of her appearances and the brands she now endorses -- one of her newest products, Body Armor, had a presence at the camp -- training is still the top priority for Diggins. She says her schedule still revolves around her training, but that she'll take every oppprtunity to host a camp like she did in Bayonne.

“This is something that I am very passionate about and everybody that knows me knows I was born with a passion for children and for helping and giving back so this is not something I do to make money, this is something I want to do,” she said.

"I love to travel, I love basketball and I love kids, so it’s just something that fit perfectly.”
hyperetic

PostPosted: 02/21/15 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/espnw/athletes-life/blog/post/17892/sanya-richards-ross-skylar-diggins-look-amazing-working-out

http://espn.go.com/espnw/athletes-life/blog/post/17781/skylar-diggins-dishes-words-wisdom-twitter

http://heavy.com/sports/2015/02/skylar-diggins-height-boyfriend-drake-salary-si-swimsuit-stats-jay-z-bio/
hyperetic

PostPosted: 03/04/15 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M4bGMYYd2SE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
hyperetic

PostPosted: 03/18/15 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miiiiiiiight be a lil extra hyperbole in this one. JS... LOL!

http://www.bet.com/video/news/sports/2015/changing-the-game-skylar-diggins.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: