24%  [ 7 ]
Seattle Storm
75%
 75%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 29

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA will suck for a couple years and then they'll be competitive again with some fresh young faces to play alongside the good players they DO have.

Right about when LA gets good again, Seattle's stars will be looking "2011 Tina Thompsonish" and Seattle will suck . . .and they don't have much to rebuild around.

My point is that LA fans, truly, your pain is NOT the pain of having a team in perpetual suckage. You have Parker and Lavender and Tolliver. I know you guys love to win, but at least it isn't like your the frickin' Mystics. What do Mystics fans have to look forward to? Crying or Very sad

Of course, at some point we will all be saying "Remember when Tulsa was awful?" Laughing Laughing

(The world is coming to an end. I am trying to cheer up LA fans...)

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA's worst enemy is and has been their coaching. No team could withstand the shit LA has put up with.

It's pure fresh and malodorous recycled oats.........

norwester

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lot of whining on here from Sparks fans that had the benefit of questionable calls throughout the game, particularly while getting rebounds. Laughing

I couldn't clearly see the last foul, but Toliver and Ticha didn't seem to think it was a bad call by my sideline...just one of those things where Toliver didn't mean to hip check.

That said, after the game we were speculating about the acting pointers Katie might be dispensing. One fan said Sue looked like she got hit with a shotgun shell! So good job, Sue. The Sparks got Sued indeed. Cool

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:
What do Mystics fans have to look forward to?

Monique Currie and maybe even Alana Beard?

Mathies to LA 2013
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
coffy73 wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
Parker looked just a bit... perturbed. Well, save that anger for next year, hope your GM grows a brain and makes some moves to get you some help and hope you get something good out of the draft, cause this shit is over.

X_________________! If that doesn't happen...Candace get outta lala land for real!

I've been saying that for a while now. Parker won't win a championship in LA, not as long as Toler is there.

She will waste away in LA at this rate, regardless of her injuries, when she's out there, she is useful. Don't know what everybody's excuse is sometimes.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Don't expect to get a late call at the Key, I believe we established that already.

True, but it's no less horseshit. It's okay, though. The next time Seattle loses on the road and their fans blame the refs, I will have a field day. Cool

Mathies to LA 2013
luvDhoops

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
Don't expect to get a late call at the Key, I believe we established that already.

True, but it's no less horseshit. It's okay, though. The next time Seattle loses on the road and their fans blame the refs, I will have a field day. Cool

Especially with a questionable call that puts one of the best ft shooters in the league on the line with 1.6 seconds left.

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Especially with a questionable call that puts one of the best ft shooters in the league on the line with 1.6 seconds left.

@NancyLieberman Nancy Lieberman
Wow,tough call with the gm going to OT storm-LA

Mathies to LA 2013
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
Lot of whining on here from Sparks fans that had the benefit of questionable calls throughout the game, particularly while getting rebounds. Laughing

I couldn't clearly see the last foul, but Toliver and Ticha didn't seem to think it was a bad call by my sideline...just one of those things where Toliver didn't mean to hip check.

That said, after the game we were speculating about the acting pointers Katie might be dispensing. One fan said Sue looked like she got hit with a shotgun shell! So good job, Sue. The Sparks got Sued indeed. Cool

what are you talking about? Seattle went to the line 22 times vs 10 for LA? there was a lot of questionable stuff in this game, and it certainly favored the home team, as usual. and if you didn't see the bullshit call on toliver why are saying sparks fans are whining? they have every tight to...that was a no call, if i ever saw one... because like terry and rebecca said, it's not gonna get called in the 1st qtr.

jap

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Well, Seattle gets to come to the land of LaLa in two days.

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
norwester wrote:

what are you talking about? Seattle went to the line 22 times vs 10 for LA? there was a lot of questionable stuff in this game, and it certainly favored the home team, as usual. and if you didn't see the bullshit call on toliver why are saying sparks fans are whining? they have every tight to...that was a no call, if i ever saw one... because like terry and rebecca said, it's not gonna get called in the 1st qtr.

Get her, Annie! Exclamation

Mathies to LA 2013
ddubdawg

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And we Seattle will show once again that they are the better team.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ddubdawg wrote:

Sure, just like last time.

As long as we don't have to play 5 on 8, we'll be fine. Would love to see Kristi return to KMFT20 mode and rip Bird a new asshole.

Mathies to LA 2013
GoLASparks

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
LA's worst enemy is and has been their coaching. No team could withstand the shit LA has put up with.

It's pure fresh and malodorous recycled oats.........

X______________!!

When Tina tipped that rebound out with a little over a minute left and down by 2, no one on the Sparks looked to call a timeout and organize a play. Instead, Ticha organized it on the fly and they ended up with the ball inside to CP, who is fouled and ties the game. When they have time to organize for a final play, CP isn't even in the mix! They give it to Tina who had only made one shot all night. Why not put Ebony in to set a hard screen?

Joe's rotation is bizarre--how do you go in the course of 3 games from starting, to being given the toughest defensive assignment (guarding Swoopes for a final shot) to playing 6 minutes? (Talking of O'Hea, of course.)

How can we possibly blame the players for "not executing" when they have been given nothing to consistently execute? As far as I can see, the players are the only reason we have the least shot of making the playoffs still--in spite of Joe!

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ddubdawg wrote:

Which one are you? #multiplepersonalities

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tolliver is not my worry when Seattle plays LA, though she does always seem to get her points, it is more of Ticha. She has always and I mean always been way more aggressive offensively against the Storm than any other team. If she played that way against everyone else, LA would be a lock for the playoffs. And to add, I want LA to get that fourth spot because I believe they can beat Minnesota in a 3 game series and do not think SASS can. So LA can take out Minny and Seattle can take out Phoenix and then of course, Seattle BEATS LA!

ddubdawg

PostPosted: 08/28/11 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry, I am not usually this aggressive myself, not sure what is going on. Not trying to be such an ass, it just seems to be happening. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/28/11 11:02 pm    ::: More hashtags Reply Reply with quote

#refssuck
#ms2for12gotbailedoutbythedummiesinstripes
#atlantabeatyallinkeyby29lol
#aglerissartoriallychallenged
#youwillgettoliveredontuesday
#tichawillcontinuetosnotragsue

Mathies to LA 2013
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/28/11 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ddubdawg wrote:
Sorry, I am not usually this aggressive myself, not sure what is going on. Not trying to be such an ass, it just seems to be happening. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Laughing Laughing

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/28/11 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ddubdawg wrote:
Tolliver is not my worry when Seattle plays LA, though she does always seem to get her points, it is more of Ticha. She has always and I mean always been way more aggressive offensively against the Storm than any other team. If she played that way against everyone else, LA would be a lock for the playoffs. And to add, I want LA to get that fourth spot because I believe they can beat Minnesota in a 3 game series and do not think SASS can. So LA can take out Minny and Seattle can take out Phoenix and then of course, Seattle BEATS LA!

Sorry buddy, but if we make the playoffs, we aren't leaving until the WNBA Finals are over. I guess we're getting all our disappointment out of the way now. Cool

Mathies to LA 2013
jap

PostPosted: 08/28/11 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's see how generous the Stars will continue to be.

PostPosted: 08/28/11 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ddubdawg wrote:

I think PHO, followed by SEA has the best chance of taking out MIN... however, it looks like SEA will play PHO in the playoffs so MIN is unlikely to have to play both. Confused

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 08/28/11 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Toliver... once again Razz

Ran Sue over
Twisted Evil

I agree, Admiral. Not even close to being a questionable call.

Kristi! WHAT THE EFF IS THE PLAN THERE? HOW THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT TO FALL/RUN/BACKPEDAL INTO THE PLAYER WITH THE BALL IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LET ALONE SUE BIRD IN THE LAST SECONDS OF A TIE BALL GAME AND NOT GET CALLED FOR A FOUL?!?!

AND HOW IN THE FUCK CAN YOU MANAGE TO PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE AFTER THAT?!?!

PostPosted: 08/28/11 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ha-ha-ha. How does More whining "get me"? Laughing I think I can spot it by now, thank you. Wink the reason LA didn't get to the line: settling for outside jumpers. You said it yourself: they need to get Parker the ball down low. Instead we have Hoffman shooting 3s. Rolling Eyes

That doesn't account for all the off-the-ball or on the floor fouls against the Storm. The foul discrepancy was not that large. The Storm were just picking up garbage perimeter fouls. 'bout time LA got called for one.

Refs seem to pretty consistently call body contact on the perimeter, though.

PostPosted: 08/28/11 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Well, Seattle gets to come to the land of LaLa in two days.

Time for LA to send those raggedy MFers back to Seattle with an L on their record and some bruised egos.

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: