Board Junkies Forums

Tina Charles traded...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLafan

PostPosted: 10/29/13 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
LaLafan wrote:
I will speak for the LA owners and probably 99.9% of the fans - no freaking way would they trade Parker for Tina, or for anyone else on that Sun's roster. There is speculation and then there is just plan fantasy from folks. Parker is the face of the LA franchise until her skills diminish (at which point she will probably retire voluntarily anyway). LA needs to put complementary talent around her (and give her a better coach) that can help her bring a 'ship to LA.

LA generally can't hit the broad side of a barnyard without Toliver in the backcourt. They would be FOOLISH (beyond Foolish) to trade as close of a pure shooter as they have currently or can get on the market. LA ain't going nowhere if all teams have to do is stack the box against Parker and Charles and not worry about their one-handed bandits with limited shooting range point guard and wing, or otherwise known as the Dukies (both of whom I really like by the way but not as shooters or particularly effective offensive players at all really).

Isn't Charles the face of the Sun franchise? The MVP usually is.

You recognize Toliver as one of the "complementary" players the Sparks need to win a Championship. How do you consider Harding, Beard, and Ogwumike as "not good enough" to help win a Championship? Maybe they need a little better bench, but I'd say they have the talent to win a Championship...probably just not the chemistry or heart. Does the fault lie with the coach, maybe. But who else is out there that can handle all these personalities?

And Tina can stay the face of Connecticut but not all #1 picks and MVPs are created equal and in terms of the eye test, Candace always has the ability to take over a game and look like the best player in the world whereas Tina at her most productive is in my opinion (skill-wise) just another very good player. Not iconic or legendary or with the ability to even reach that level. Parker can reach that level (and in alot of people's minds, has reached that level). I think Nneka, Beard and Harding are good players (and when Nneka plays up to her ability, she is a VERY good player). HOWEVER, I think Parker and Tolliver are essential players for the Sparks and therefore not viable trade bait. And since Conn is not giving up the face of their franchise for a box of chicken and some kettle corn, I assume that the ask price would be no lower than Nneka - a #1 pick, All-Star and Rookie of the Year (for their #1 pick, All-Star and Rookie of the Year AND MVP)

SportzJunky

PostPosted: 10/30/13 6:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It should be Tina for Nneka and Jantel. This makes both teams good. LA gets to move Candance back to her natural spot and they get a strong center. They also keep their draft pick where they can get another shooter to open up the middle. Conn gets Nneka and Jantel. This is good bc Jantel is a good center (not great) but Nneka will FINALLY be able to show how good she is and have plays ran for her!!! Also, Conn SHOULDNT pick Chiney (I love her) even if they get the #1 pick because they already have Nneka. The sisters worked in College but I dont see it working in WNBA (them playing at the same time against bigger and stronger teams...who would gaurd Fowles, Erika, Griner, Liz and Charles?). They should pick A. Thomas!!!! This was they finally have a SF!!! So Conn would look like this:
Lawson/Renee
Hightower/Izi
A. Thomas/Greene/Faris
Nneka/Gruda (if she would come back, if not then Bass)
Jantel/Jones

This would be a really good Conn team that could compete and make some noise. The downside is L.A. would not have a backup center and they would have to still run parker at 4/5 (but not as much especially during playoffs when most of the starters play 30+ mins). it could be Parker/Charles and then Ebony/Parker.

PostPosted: 10/30/13 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I love crazy speculation, but LA trading Parker is just way too cray cray.

The joys of the off season. Razz

PostPosted: 10/31/13 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kool-aide wrote:
Shades wrote:
Just because Wright is quiet and professional doesn't necessarily mean she's fully content.

I'm not trying to push Wright out the door or think it's even likely that she's going.

I'm going to wave the bullcrap flag here. Every freaking post you make these days mentioning Wright talks in some way about trading her or her "maybe wanting to leave." We get it. You don't want her w/ the Lynx. You've never liked her as a player. Just be honest about it. Don't hide behind make believe "she's unhappy & going to force a trade" bullcrap.

Monica is a competitive person capable of starting for a number of teams. We need a starting guard. What would you take for her...be reasonable now. Laughing

PostPosted: 10/31/13 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

uptochallenge wrote:
Shades wrote:
Just because Wright is quiet and professional doesn't necessarily mean she's fully content.

I'm not trying to push Wright out the door or think it's even likely that she's going.

Monica is a competitive person capable of starting for a number of teams. We need a starting guard. What would you take for her...be reasonable now. Laughing

I've liked what I've seen from Henry. Does she usually not have NT conflicts?
How about Henry + #7 for Wright + #12?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 10/31/13 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
lynxmania

PostPosted: 10/31/13 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
uptochallenge wrote:
Shades wrote:

How about Henry + #12 for Wright + #7?

Laughing

PostPosted: 10/31/13 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Shades wrote:
uptochallenge wrote:
Shades wrote:

Laughing

You were thinking more like McCoughtry?

lynxmania

PostPosted: 10/31/13 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Shades wrote:
uptochallenge wrote:
Shades wrote:

Laughing

Well first, it would be Henry and 7 for Wright and 12.
I was thinking we just resign Monica... and keep her.

PostPosted: 11/01/13 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Shades wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Shades wrote:
uptochallenge wrote:
Shades wrote:

Laughing

Well first, it would be Henry and 7 for Wright and 12.
I was thinking we just resign Monica... and keep her.

Yeah, I know...I saw that I mixed the numbers up. I didn't think it was enough to laugh at, though.

Randy

PostPosted: 11/01/13 6:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
uptochallenge wrote:
Shades wrote:

How about Henry + #7 for Wright + #12?

I like the idea of the Dream getting Wright. Probably a trade that could help both teams, since it would shore up some serious weaknesses. But it probably wouldn't get made because it would create new weaknesses - Atlanta would be very thin in the front court and the Lynx would have be very thin in the backcourt. Atlanta would also then have 5 guards as well, though I think Wright would be starting.

Now, if the Dream could get a good backup C-F, then it might work, but still don't see the Lynx making the deal. (Do they need both Peters and Henry?)

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/01/13 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UH OH! SHE'S AT IT AGAIN! A DIFFERENT TRADE DESTINATION NOW!!!

Quote:
@tinacharles31:

moscow.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 11/01/13 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Quote:
@tinacharles31:

moscow.

OK so Tina Charles to Moscow for Putin and their 1st round pick, maybe throw in Snowden if Putin and the pick aren't enough.

stever

PostPosted: 11/01/13 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Quote:
@tinacharles31:

moscow.

OMG! Idaho? Wink

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/01/13 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Quote:
@tinacharles31:

moscow.

OK so Tina Charles to Moscow for Putin and their 1st round pick, maybe throw in Snowden if Putin and the pick aren't enough.

We're holding out for Robert Kraft's super bowl ring.

HistoryWomensBasketball

PostPosted: 11/01/13 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Quote:
@tinacharles31:

moscow.

OMG! Idaho? Wink

Used to love going up to Moscow Idaho when I lived south of there.

www.barnstormingamerica.net
ccollin13

PostPosted: 11/01/13 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Quote:
@tinacharles31:

moscow.

She must be in Moscow, Michigan. The Shock are coming back!!!

Location: South Carolina, United States, North America, Earth

PostPosted: 11/01/13 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Quote:
@tinacharles31:

moscow.

NO! .... Putin's face creeps me out and Snowden isn't as smart and noble as he thinks he is.

Tina Charles to Moscow for Pussy Riot and a bear riding a tricycle

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 11/02/13 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LilyJadeRose wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Quote:
@tinacharles31:

moscow.

NO! .... Putin's face creeps me out and Snowden isn't as smart and noble as he thinks he is.

I like that trade (you're right Snowden would probably give the playbook to the other team j/k.)

Then the Sun could win the lottery and draft Chiney and trade lawson to Washington for their 1st round pick and draft Dolson, then you would have

SUN 2014

Pussy Riot/Montgomery
Pussy Riot/Greene/Faris
Pussy Riot/Hightower
C. Ogwumike/Griffin
Dolson/Bear Riding a Tricycle

ddubdawg

PostPosted: 11/02/13 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You all are making me fall out of my chair laughing. I love me some RebKell!

Randy

PostPosted: 11/03/13 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The problem with Pussy Riot is that from the pictures I saw they are wearing masks. I wouldn't put it past Putin to send us a bunch of phoneys. I mean how do we know were are getting the real deal?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/03/13 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
LilyJadeRose wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Quote:
@tinacharles31:

moscow.

I like that trade (you're right Snowden would probably give the playbook to the other team j/k.)

Then the Sun could win the lottery and draft Chiney and trade lawson to Washington for their 1st round pick and draft Dolson, then you would have

SUN 2014

Pussy Riot/Montgomery
Pussy Riot/Greene/Faris
Pussy Riot/Hightower
C. Ogwumike/Griffin

I think that bear can outplay Dolson. Maybe not to start the season, but expect the bear to be playing starters' minutes by the time the play-offs come around.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/03/13 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Now, if the Dream could get a good backup C-F, then it might work, but still don't see the Lynx making the deal. (Do they need both Peters and Henry?)

Which guard would you be willing to give up for 2-time WNBA Champ Amber Harris, because she's likely on her way out. If the roster expands to 12, maybe she'll stick around.

I'm not sure where Sugar Rodgers is sitting with the Lynx. Might she be good with more playing time/experience? With the #7 pick, a guard like McBride could be available.

It couldn't hurt to have both Peters and Henry:
*Harris probably on the way out.
*Reeve recognizes she needs to watch Brunson's minutes more. Girl is getting old to be playing like she does.
*Cant really rely on McCarville to stay healthy.

I emphasize again, the Lynx aren't looking to trade Wright.
I'm only pondering one possible transaction should Wright (for some unforseeable reason) request a trade to ATL. I'm thinking her preferred destinations would be TUL or WAS.

FS02

PostPosted: 11/03/13 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
LilyJadeRose wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Quote:
@tinacharles31:

moscow.

SUN 2014

Pussy Riot/Montgomery
Pussy Riot/Greene/Faris
Pussy Riot/Hightower
C. Ogwumike/Griffin

I think that bear can outplay Dolson. Maybe not to start the season, but expect the bear to be playing starters' minutes by the time the play-offs come around.

DMJ wouldn't be intimidated by any Russian bear, irregardless of fleas or tri-cycling skills, but I'm not sure about anyone in the current generation of players. Smile

PostPosted: 11/05/13 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*Yep, she's going to LA or Minnesota.

tcharles31 wrote:
prob the best backcourt i've ever played with @KristiToliver @Lindsay_13 #dynamomoscow #blessed

*this is sarcasm, at least I think..

PostPosted: 11/05/13 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
*Yep, she's going to LA or Minnesota.

tcharles31 wrote:
prob the best backcourt i've ever played with @KristiToliver @Lindsay_13 #dynamomoscow #blessed

*this is sarcasm, at least I think..

Yikes! Poor K-Law and Monty Laughing Shocked Wink Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: