Board Junkies Forums

EC Playoffs Game 1: Detroit@Indiana
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SueBirdFan

PostPosted: 08/17/06 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DNA Fan wrote:
Indy in trouble!

I wouldn't say in trouble they just need to bring there A game if they want to win!

Go Storm!

"Go smack yourself in the face and see what happens."
DNA Fan

PostPosted: 08/17/06 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SueBirdFan wrote:
DNA Fan wrote:
Indy in trouble!

I wouldn't say in trouble they just need to bring there A game if they want to win!

ha! No, really, I said something else and realized I was in the wrong thread Embarassed Laughing

Stop the presses! Stop the hot damn presses!! We won the ship!! Very Happy

*fondles lucky Penny!*

The Big Three!

Like a fanstatic story told in three parts:

In the beginning there was Dee
In the middle there was Penny
Though all parts are interchanagable -- at the end of this story there was Cappie!!

- PHX Mercury '07 Champs!!
SueBirdFan

PostPosted: 08/17/06 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DNA Fan wrote:
SueBirdFan wrote:
DNA Fan wrote:
Indy in trouble!

ha! No, really, I said something else and realized I was in the wrong thread Embarassed Laughing

lol Laughing

Go Storm!

dabirdyballa10

PostPosted: 08/17/06 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought the final score would be closer but the game was still good. Man Tweety and Katie couldnt miss a shot. I love watching Tweety speed by everyone on the court like theyre standing still. I wish had wheels like that. Too bad Swin and Cheryl had foul problems. Cheryl was real frustrated the entire game. Last night I said the Shock will win in 3. But if they play like they did tonite on Sunday, the series will end up a sweep.

"Basketball is life."
Slovydal

PostPosted: 08/17/06 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As Cam said, and ugly, ugly game.

Congratulations to the Shock. It's scary to think that this team can play so much better than they did tonight.

It was nice to finally meet ShockPR.
My Shock ticket rep, Paul was there too. I wish I could go up there for saturday's game. I'll be at work.

: (

The officials were bad, but I could see them wanting to set a tone for the game at the beginning. (all the early fouls) Some BS calls on both teams and some no-calls that I couldn't believe.

The Fever let it get away.

Has a head coach ever been fired in the middle of a playoff series?

I'd like to see Lin Dunn in charge on saturday. I don't think the Fever will be passing the ball around instead of shooting WHEN THEY'RE OPEN like they did tonight.

Why the substitutions when everything is going fine? Why pull out a player whis doing well?

Why Brian?

Why?

Regardless, the Fever weren't rebounding like they should have and they were taking too much time to jack up bad shots - or not shoot at all.

Oh well.

lil_Hammon25

PostPosted: 08/17/06 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats on the Shock

Avatar: Becky Hammon knows she rules
miller40

PostPosted: 08/17/06 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Has a head coach ever been fired in the middle of a playoff series?

I'd like to see Lin Dunn in charge on saturday. I don't think the Fever will be passing the ball around instead of shooting WHEN THEY'RE OPEN like they did tonight.

Why the substitutions when everything is going fine? Why pull out a player whis doing well?

Why Brian?

Why?

I agree. I was at the game so I'm not sure when this occured, but someone watching the game said at one point Brian was saying he didn't have a point guard out on the court when Tully was in the game...

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/17/06 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It wasn't just ugly. It was almost unwatchable. This was the game on ESPN2? UGH. At least Houston scored over 75 points.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 08/17/06 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
I agree. I was at the game so I'm not sure when this occured, but someone watching the game said at one point Brian was saying he didn't have a point guard out on the court when Tully was in the game...

Someone told me they heard Dunn arguing with him with a couple minutes to go. It sounds like she's fed up too.

Speaking of point guards - does Winters even remember KB Sharp?

Slovydal

PostPosted: 08/17/06 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
It wasn't just ugly. It was almost unwatchable. This was the game on ESPN2? UGH. At least Houston scored over 75 points.

It sucks when the televised games make the WNBA look bad.

smenko

PostPosted: 08/17/06 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Honestly, both of these teams got to where they are through there awesome defenses. Defense is what we saw in this game tonight. Each team was in a fight that was being held back offensively by the refs. Just my opinion. Sure, defense minding teams can sure look ugly, but they get the job done.

Orion

PostPosted: 08/17/06 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think I knew once, but now I have forgotten (not an isolated event Shocked ), why is Dianna Nolan called "Tweety?" After the bird in the cartoons? Kind of insulting. She is much too attractive for that nickname.
Anybody know?

PostPosted: 08/17/06 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why is Nolan called Tweety? Hell if I know--I just like the way she plays the game.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/17/06 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

smenko wrote:
Honestly, both of these teams got to where they are through there awesome defenses. Defense is what we saw in this game tonight. Each team was in a fight that was being held back offensively by the refs. Just my opinion. Sure, defense minding teams can sure look ugly, but they get the job done.

And it isn't going to draw in new fans. If it did, soccer would be the top sport in America.

TweetyMulatto

PostPosted: 08/17/06 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
Orion wrote:
Naw, not over-reacting. Something was weird with her during the game. Sitting on the very last seat.... Bill avoiding her. Screwy immature behavior in the playoffs.

Cheryl always sits on the last seat of the bench every single game.

Yeah, that's what I said when the commentators were making such a big deal over it.

If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...would you slow down? Or speed up?
FeverBeliever

PostPosted: 08/17/06 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was indeed a very ugly game!! I am going to continue to believe that the Fever can pull it out, but it's gonna be hard.

Made the meet and greet after the game kinda quiet, too. Much props to K.B., La'Tangela, and Ebony for being up for it.

Live streaming of comedy music www.dementiaradio.org
ShockwaveDancer

PostPosted: 08/18/06 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes! Yes! Yes! The shock ladies are gonna feed off the intensity and cheers in the palace saturday night. It's gonna be a sweep. I <3 the detroit shock ladies.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/18/06 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't read through the rest of the thread yet, but did anyone catch the play that ticked Cheryl off? Nolan was dribbling at the top of the key while Ford stood inches outside the lane WIDE OPEN for three or more seconds. If ever there were a need for a point guard...

Mathies to LA 2013
SueBirdFan

PostPosted: 08/18/06 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Didn't read through the rest of the thread yet, but did anyone catch the play that ticked Cheryl off? Nolan was dribbling at the top of the key while Ford stood inches outside the lane WIDE OPEN for three or more seconds. If ever there were a need for a point guard...

I have to say Katie Smith is goin a great job i don't think they need a point gaurd! GO KATIE SMITH!

Go Storm!

bullsky

PostPosted: 08/18/06 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 08/18/06 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was one grinding game Confused , but that's expected from that matchup.

I was really impressed by Tweety and Katie. It doesn't matter how the game is "flowing", Tweety can just leave defenders in her dust. Katie looks like she's ill, but her defense, passing, and 3s sure helped.

Plenette should get more minutes.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/18/06 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiChi wrote:
I was really impressed by Tweety and Katie. It doesn't matter how the game is "flowing", Tweety can just leave defenders in her dust. Katie looks like she's ill, but her defense, passing, and 3s sure helped.

Watching her blow by Bevilaqua yesterday after doing the same to Phillips over the weekend made me realize how far ahead of the world we are in WBB. Those two will log major minutes for Australia in the Worlds while Nolan barely got to work out with Team USA.

Most people hate poetry
smenko

PostPosted: 08/18/06 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ya know, I just don't understand why the Shock players don't get their due. Granted there are moments when they can run hot or cold during games, for the most part they are so-ooooo- talented that they blow their opponents out of the water. I guess it's the "focus" problem. They really are underlooked nationally as a team.

wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 08/18/06 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="smenko"]Why is Nolan called Tweety? Hell if I know--I just like the way she plays the game.[/quote

well she said in high school a coach called her that " guess cuz the way she can get up" but she also said in collage theier was like 3 or deannas so she reambered what her coach called her and told them 2 call her tweety (because of collage nd ppl sayin her name wrong was also y she added an extra "n" to her name)]

Richard 77

PostPosted: 08/18/06 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
miller40 wrote:

Someone told me they heard Dunn arguing with him with a couple minutes to go. It sounds like she's fed up too.

Speaking of point guards - does Winters even remember KB Sharp?

Not too off topic, slovy, but were you in your usual seat? I swear I saw you. Suit, tennis shoes? Look like you just came from work...? Big man to your right...

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek

Adding: Write Funko. The WNBA should have Pops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: