Los Angeles Sparks
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Seattle Storm
75%
 75%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 29

Shades

PostPosted: 08/27/11 5:44 pm    ::: Sparks @ Storm - 8/28/11 Reply Reply with quote

Key Arena - Seattle, WA - 9:00 PM ET

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/games/20110828/LASSEA/gameinfo.html

Video Stream:
http://espn.go.com/espn3/player?

Season Series (4 games): tied 1-1
6/19: SEA 50 @ LAS 74
7/09: LAS 80 @ SEA 99 - Game highlights

LAS: 12-16 (5th in Western Conf), 5-10 road
SEA: 16-12 (2nd in Western Conf), 12-2 home

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 08/27/11 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can/will the Sparks recover from that fiasco last night? Confused

jap

PostPosted: 08/27/11 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Realcomplicated wrote:

The Sparks need to make a strong response to last night's sub-level effort.

If I were management or, even better, an owner (are you listening, Lisa?), I would be scrutinizing this team very carefully to see who is exerting effective effort and who is laying down or squandering winning opportunities with crazy low percentage plays while this playoff run is still viable. If you won't fight while there's still a chance (a spark?) of playoff life, you don't deserve to remain a Spark.

PostPosted: 08/27/11 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Realcomplicated wrote:

If I were management or, even better, an owner (are you listening, Lisa?), I would be scrutinizing this team very carefully to see who is exerting effective effort and who is laying down or squandering winning opportunities with crazy low percentage plays while this playoff run is still viable. If you won't fight while there's still a chance (a spark?) of playoff life, you don't deserve to remain a Spark.

Do they realistically have a shot at making the playoff's because if not, it's all about pride now...

jap

PostPosted: 08/27/11 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Double or nothing?

Last edited by jap on 08/27/11 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Linzin

PostPosted: 08/27/11 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm actually a bit annoyed that the Sparks lost to Tulsa, because I don't want them in Key Arena with something to prove. I think the Storm can still take them just fine, but would rather have the less chippy game. Wink Oh well. It is what it is. The Storm know exactly how important this game is, and I expect a better game.

PostPosted: 08/27/11 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Until the Storm can put together 4 quarters of offense, every game is winnable by their opponents.

1) Think about "what if?" he had gotten that lottery ball in 2015....
2) Remember to watch some NCAA games
3) Invest in mystical restorative ointments for hips, knees, backs and well everything.
jap

PostPosted: 08/27/11 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Realcomplicated wrote:
jap wrote:
Realcomplicated wrote:

Do they realistically have a shot at making the playoff's because if not, it's all about pride now...

Of course, they have a very realistic shot. They arev only 1.5 games behind SA. SA must face Minny tomorrow, who still has meaningful regular season games until/if they clinch home field advantage throughout the playoffs. If Minny wins tomorrow afternoon over SA, the subset of prideful Sparks players should be torqued to inflict damage to Seattle win-loss record. A SA loss combined with a Spark win puts the Sparks only a half game behind.

It won't be easy. The Sparks play Seattle in two games straight, followed by a visit to the desert to meet a couple ladies named Penny & Dee. If they can get through all that and remain at least within a game of SA, they would next host the Stars on the Lisa Leslie court. Heck, we might have to have Lisa suit up and become the first player-owner. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/27/11 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Sparks, I guess. Confused

PostPosted: 08/27/11 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Linzin wrote:
I'm actually a bit annoyed that the Sparks lost to Tulsa, because I don't want them in Key Arena with something to prove. I think the Storm can still take them just fine, but would rather have the less chippy game. Wink Oh well. It is what it is. The Storm know exactly how important this game is, and I expect a better game.

LA have been playing godawful defense for months, and heinously godawful defense for weeks. I don't think one loss to the worst team in WNBA history can snap them out of that.

Of course, Seattle have shown an ability to kill their own offense against basically anybody this season.

PostPosted: 08/27/11 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Linzin wrote:

LA have been playing godawful defense for months, and heinously godawful defense for weeks. I don't think one loss to the worst team in WNBA history can snap them out of that.

Of course, Seattle have shown an ability to kill their own offense against basically anybody this season.

Except Phoenix. Wink

PostPosted: 08/27/11 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LJ needs to stay away from DMJ, no risks before the playoffs.

BEAT LA!

jap

PostPosted: 08/27/11 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

BEAT LA!

I could also add the DMJ needs to stay away from LJ---it was LJ that got in the last real blow to the head last year. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/27/11 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

BEAT LA!

I could also add the DMJ needs to stay away from LJ---it was LJ that got in the last real blow to the head last year. Laughing

Didnt you say that same thing in the first game this season Laughing maybe so LJ proved against Tulsa that she is back and not taking BS from anyone Laughing

jap

PostPosted: 08/27/11 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
jap wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

BEAT LA!

Didnt you say that same thing in the first game this season Laughing maybe so LJ proved against Tulsa that she is back and not taking BS from anyone Laughing

What can I say? There seems to be a distinct electromagnetic attraction between DMJ's elbows and LJ's head . . . and vice versa. I don't see why they both don't just get it on in the ring and settle it once and for all. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/28/11 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it were to be the same officiating crew as the Tulsa/Seattle game it could get real ugly. Those refs, imo, just let too much elbowing, arm slapping and hip throwing to occur. And when it is between LA and Seattle that can turn ugly quickly. Let's just hope everyone makes it out of this game uninjured. Go Storm!

defenseallday

PostPosted: 08/28/11 12:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Lauren Jackson back i am picking Seattle to win every game they have left . Don't care who they are playing.

ddubdawg

PostPosted: 08/28/11 1:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

defenseallday, I like how you think Very Happy

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/28/11 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Insider preview for this game: http://www.wnba.com/storm/news/preview110828.html

Quote:
The players doing the most damage from long range are youngsters, including rookie shooting guard Jenna O'Hea and reserve Kristi Toliver. O'Hea, a member of the Australian National Team who gave the Storm strong consideration as a free agent before landing in L.A., has settled in the starting two-guard alongside WNBA legend Ticha Penicheiro in the backcourt with Toliver coming off the bench.

Sad

LadyLauren

PostPosted: 08/28/11 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ddubdawg wrote:

I second that!

Games are just so much more fun to watch when Lauren is playing. Besides, she is the best player in the world!

LadyLauren

PostPosted: 08/28/11 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ddubdawg wrote:

I second that!

Games are just so much more fun to watch when Lauren is playing. Besides, she is the best player in the world! Very Happy

norwester

PostPosted: 08/28/11 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Insider preview for this game: http://www.wnba.com/storm/news/preview110828.html

Quote:
The players doing the most damage from long range are youngsters, including rookie shooting guard Jenna O'Hea and reserve Kristi Toliver. O'Hea, a member of the Australian National Team who gave the Storm strong consideration as a free agent before landing in L.A., has settled in the starting two-guard alongside WNBA legend Ticha Penicheiro in the backcourt with Toliver coming off the bench.

Sad

I'm glad we at least went for her. That makes me feel good/better about our talent scouting. Guess we lost out to beaches. Wink

PostPosted: 08/28/11 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder what other teams went after her. Seattle?? Indiana??

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/28/11 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, this has got me a bit nervous: the official Storm preview has LJ listed as probable. She was complaining of soreness all week and spent the 4th quarter of the Shock game on the bench with a heating pad. Combine this with the fact that Le'coe is battling a flu (found out at STH party last night) and the Storm could be a bit lean in their rotation.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/28/11 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
OK, this has got me a bit nervous: the official Storm preview has LJ listed as probable. She was complaining of soreness all week and spent the 4th quarter of the Shock game on the bench with a heating pad. Combine this with the fact that Le'coe is battling a flu (found out at STH party last night) and the Storm could be a bit lean in their rotation.

She was listed as probable for the last game as well. Because Agler wants to watch her day by day how she recovers from games. Didnt know about LeCoe Sad Swin tweeted that she wasnt feeling well also Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: