RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tournament Brackets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmyk

PostPosted: 03/14/05 12:16 am    ::: Tournament Brackets Reply Reply with quote

Anyone know how to download the brackets and be able to keep track of them on a PDA? I've looked all around, and anything I've seen has to be paid for.

If not, how would one create brackets in Excel? I could always transfer that over, but I can't make it work right there, either.

Or am I a little overzealous in all of this since it's only 5 hours since the brackets have been announced?

sambista

PostPosted: 03/14/05 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dunno if this helps, but usa today has a bracket that's printable as a jpeg (???) and as a pdf.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/womensbasketball/tourney05/bracket.htm

but what's probably better is avant-go. (if you don't have an account, it's free.) right now they're promoting college hoops coverage and brackets (presented by infiniti), but i dunno if that includes the women. haven't tried it yet.

PostPosted: 03/14/05 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

geek-to-go also has a pda "madness manager," a free trial for the first few days or $10 outright. you can get updates, but it's really designed for managing pools.

http://www.geek-to-go.com/madness.html

PostPosted: 03/15/05 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="sebibb"]dunno if this helps, but usa today has a bracket that's printable as a jpeg (???) and as a pdf.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/womensbasketball/tourney05/bracket.htm
if interested in a team roster, capsules & game stories bring up bracket using pdf, then click on a team name

jimmyk

PostPosted: 03/15/05 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay...I just figured out how to transfer the files...you don't do it with the program that came with the PDA...you do it with the Adobe Reader program itself. Duh...should've known that.

Only thing is, I can't do anything with it...just look at it is all I can do. So it's basically useless after the first round. Oh, well. I guess that's why they have paper brackets.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/15/05 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Microsoft Office has templates for both brackets that you can download from the 'net, off their site. Wish I could remember the URL, though...

(now with spelling variations)
sambista

PostPosted: 03/15/05 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

here's an email i just got today, from the guy who oversees "scoreboard." it's a nice pda program, but they've been promising for seemingly forEVER to add the wnba. so here's your chance to not only try out his stuff, but win some money AND drop in his ear that scoreboard is way overdue for including the wnba season. /bibb

Andrew Peterson here.

It's been a crazy year for me, but glad to see the 2005 NCAA Tourney getting underway.

In the past you purchased either my St A's NCAA Tourney Tracker or ScoreBoard for Palm and I wanted to invite you back with the usual repeat customer discount. And for the contest this year, anyone who buys the Tourney Tracker gets to enter the Bracket Pick'em - grand prize of $200 this year!

Please to go:
http://www.theheadwaters.com/ncaadiscount.htm
to pick up this year's version and to read a bit about ScoreBoard.

I really need your feedback too for getting ScoreBoard moving forward again..

thanks,

Andrew Peterson
andrew@theheadwaters.com

bibbnote: actually, a correction. they DID have the wnba, either last year or the year before. so it's time to reaffirm that business decision.

ummm, okay, p.p.s..: i just checked out the page, and i don't see any guarantee that the tracker includes the women's tourney. i'll email andrew and try to get back to you on that.

PostPosted: 03/15/05 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well, i gotta give it to the guy for answering so quickly. andrew says:

Hi namewithheldtoprotecttheinnocent,

I am going to do the Women's brackets as well this year - hope to
have it ready by Wed afternoon. And yes, ScoreBoard will have the
WNBA - 3rd year we've had it - also had the Women's NCAA regular
season on ScoreBoard this past year too.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: