RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NC State v. Virginia Tech

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChiChi

PostPosted: 01/02/06 9:24 pm    ::: NC State v. Virginia Tech Reply Reply with quote

65-44 State wins it.

Ok, be on notice. State is starting our own lil' "streak". Streak o' streak breaks. BYU see ya. Virginia tech adios. Now North Carolina and Duke are coming up soon, they can kiss theirs goodbye too! Ok, maybe not. Laughing

Whittington is so excellent I had to change my avatar for her. She's always the most passionate player out there, on our team and whoever we're playing. The announcers said she attempted a dunk at a recent game, and I say keep trying, girl. She's bouncy. She pulled us through during the first half when Tiffany Stansbury was in foul trouble (and what's up with that? When Stansbury's double teamed she's great and then they stick one girl on her, and she's awful. She picked it up and then some in the 2nd half though).

State has a new school record with 16 blocks, maybe?

Sightings: Monique Currie (doing a little research for our upcoming game v. Duke? Grrr), Summer Erb looking really into the game, and Chastity Melvin.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/02/06 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KD Whittington is my newest favorite ACC baller! Smile She is so athletic and knows exactly where her spots are on offense. I enjoy watching her play.

Virginia Tech looked less than pitiful tonight. I'm glad NC State exposed them. They don't deserve to be anywhere near the Top 25.

The game started out very ugly on both sides. Turnovers and foul trouble (Gardin for Tech, Stansbury for NC State) plagued the first half for both teams. It looked pitiful. However, NC State managed to begin pulling away in the first half despite TS being on the bench in foul trouble.

In the second half, State wised up and started tossing the ball into Stansbury, Goring, and Whittington as they began to trounce Tech. Tech decided to throw a full-court press at State but to no avail. Monica Pope & Co. did an excellent job of breaking the press and dumping the ball off for scores. The second-half of the game was a massacre. NC State ROLLED all over a "top 25 team" and should receive compensation for that victory in the polls next week.

I realize that 'State's looking forward to Duke and UNC, but they've got a revitalized Virginia Cavaliers squad to contend with next Friday night. If NC State comes out the same way they did versus Tech, they'll lose easily to Virginia. To add more pressure to the situation, the game is in University Hall and NOT Reynolds. Nonetheless, I expect a tight, well-played game by both teams. Smile

Mathies to LA 2013
needbb

PostPosted: 01/03/06 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stansbury looked great Monday. She's playing much better than last year, I think, having added finesse to the power. Great drive to the basket and step-through moves.

Another sighting: Anne Donovan.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/03/06 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tiffany Stansbury has some outstanding post moves. And man...can Whittington sky or what? Very Happy

This NC State team is much more exciting to watch than those in recent years.

Mathies to LA 2013
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 01/03/06 2:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been an NC State fan for years. Cool

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: