RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Terps PG Tolliver out 6 weeks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ripleydc

PostPosted: 12/22/05 10:16 pm    ::: Terps PG Tolliver out 6 weeks Reply Reply with quote

word from Comcast is that promising frosh PG Tolliver's leg problems will require at least 6 weeks rest. if they don't respond, surgery is next and her season will be over. Sad

Quote:
Turnovers remain a concern for the Terrapins, who committed 19 as they played again without point guard Kristi Toliver. Toliver has missed three of the last four games with a leg injury.

"We need to get a healthy Kristi Toliver back," Frese said. "But until we do we have to take better care of the ball."

No Kalika France, now no Tolliver. Terps looked very rusty and sloppy tonite in win (70-33) at George Mason. They really need a true PG. This hurts.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 12/22/05 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
No Kalika France, now no Tolliver. Terps looked very rusty and sloppy tonite in win (70-33) at George Mason. They really need a true PG. This hurts

I feel your pain Wink

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/22/05 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
word from Comcast is that promising frosh PG Tolliver's leg problems will require at least 6 weeks rest. if they don't respond, surgery is next and her season will be over.

What happened exactly and where on the leg? Sorry to hear about that...hope good news is on the way regarding the injury. Wink

As for needing a true PG...been there, done that...almost made the Final Four. Smile So there's always hope.

Mathies to LA 2013
styxfan22

PostPosted: 12/23/05 6:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone know if/when France will return?

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 12/23/05 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

styxfan22 wrote:
Anyone know if/when France will return?

Haven't heard any news on that. She wasn't even at the game last night. Neither was Aurelie. I'm guessing that Brenda gave them holiday leave, which she did last yr for Aurelie so she could go home to France (the country, not Kalika).

As much as I don't want *anyone* to be out with an injury, MD is going to feel Toliver's loss much more than Kalika's once ACC play starts, IMHO.

Lior

PostPosted: 12/23/05 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

that sux about Toliver...who is playing the point now? Is shay seeing some minutes there?
what exactly is the problem with France?

thanks

ripleydc

PostPosted: 12/23/05 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GoLiberty03 wrote:
that sux about Toliver...who is playing the point now? Is shay seeing some minutes there?
what exactly is the problem with France?

Marissa Coleman was playing the point mostly. Shay and Ashleigh Newman also took a turn. Sort of point guard by committee.

btw, shay had a TERRIBLE game last night...she was throwing up bricks. she got good looks, even missed a couple of lay-ups! but thanks to Ashleigh and Marissa, it didn't really matter. the more I see of Coleman, the more impressed I am.

Kalika has knee problems. must be bad...she hasn't suited up all season. Sad

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 12/24/05 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sad Sad Sad Sad

Aww man this is not good news...I hope this doesn't foreshadow another 6th place ACC finish and NCAA 2nd Rd appearance.

Man Shay, Marissa, Laura, Crystal and Ashleigh are gonna be exhausted.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 12/24/05 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

is she too far in to redshirt?

PostPosted: 12/24/05 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
is she too far in to redshirt?

Yes, she is too far along to redshirt.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 01/02/06 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My information was wrong! Very Happy I'm happy to say. Very Happy

Toliver was back in the line-up tonite after a little under 4 weeks out (not the 6 weeks rest I had been told). She played limited minutes, didn't start, looked a little rusty and was wearing a wrap on her leg, but at least she's playing...and with a TOUGH TOUGH ACC schedule coming up, that's very very good news for the turtles.

btw, tonite's cream-puff game against Manhattan...terps should've scored 100, but EVERYONE missed lay-ups (go figure). first, brenda seemed upset, but when absolutely EVERY player missed one (or more), she seemed more bemused. hopefully, they got that out of their system tonite, because BC won't be so forgiving of mistakes. Confused

styxfan22

PostPosted: 01/02/06 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopefully, KT will be able to contribute to a win over Duke on Sunday!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: