RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Becky's tired...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 03/12/05 3:32 am    ::: Becky's tired... Reply Reply with quote

of losing apparently, her NWBL team had dropped 3 straight games and Becky obviously had enough. Becky did this in yesterdays game, 35pts on 12-16fg, 6-9 (3pt), 5-7ft racked up 7assist's and 5 t/o while also getting 4 steals in 39mins. The Chill won the game 89-84, they needed every point that Becky poured in. I don't know what's up with Ruth Riley, she hasn't played with the Chill in atleast 5 games.

http://nwbl.thestatzone.com/stats.asp?game=191&printable=N

badger

PostPosted: 03/12/05 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've heard that Ruth Riley is playing overseas for three weeks.

herrade

PostPosted: 03/12/05 11:04 am    ::: Re: Becky's tired... Reply Reply with quote

it's nice to see her have such a productive game, but it's not completely reassuring.

PostPosted: 03/12/05 11:56 pm    ::: Re: Becky's tired... Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
it's nice to see her have such a productive game, but it's not completely reassuring.

It makes me feel good to know that even though she is more than likely being double and triple teamed, she is still able to win games for her team. I love the kid, I just wish she would do a better job of getting her teammates the ball in a half court set.

BTW, in a game vs Swoopes team Becky had 33pts but I believe she had 9 t/o's, we all know that even in her 30's Swoopes can put that D on ya (which she probably did in that game to Becky).

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 03/13/05 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

badger wrote:
I've heard that Ruth Riley is playing overseas for three weeks.

I think she must have been injured, because she played in todays game.

smenko

PostPosted: 03/14/05 5:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I read on the Chill's website that Riley played in Korea due to previous commitment which caused her to miss six games.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 03/14/05 6:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

smenko wrote:
I read on the Chill's website that Riley played in Korea due to previous commitment which caused her to miss six games.

Oh okay my bad, I must've missed that.

mowinglawn

PostPosted: 03/14/05 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw the game on Friday night. It was awesome. Becky was hitting shots from everywhere. She definitely made sure that they would get the win.

badger

PostPosted: 03/14/05 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yesterday was Ruth Riley's first game back with the Colorado Chill after playing three weeks in Korea with Samsung. She had 11 points and 6 rebounds before injuring her back before halftime. Becky Hammon followed up her 35 point explosion in her previous game by scoring 32 yesterday in the Chill's win. Hammon has now taken over the NWBL scoring lead from Dallas' Anna DeForge who was held to 11 in the Fury's loss last night at Birmingham.

smenko

PostPosted: 03/14/05 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="badger"]Yesterday was Ruth Riley's first game back with the Colorado Chill after playing three weeks in Korea with Samsung. She had 11 points and 6 rebounds before injuring her back before halftime. Becky Hammon followed up her 35 point explosion in her previous game by scoring 32 yesterday in the Chill's win. Hammon has now taken over the NWBL scoring lead from Dallas' Anna DeForge who was held to 11 in the Fury's loss last night at Birmingham.[/quote]

Drat! I sure hope Ruth wasn't hurt badly. I did notice in the stats that she didn't play a lot of minutes. Thanks for the info, badger.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: