RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

OT: GT v. Duke men

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 03/13/05 3:26 pm    ::: OT: GT v. Duke men Reply Reply with quote

GT's coach doesn't dare say it, so I will: The refs read the newspapers. They know who is supposed to win.

PostPosted: 03/13/05 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't see it. What happened?

PostPosted: 03/13/05 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, GaTech caught up to Duke and was down one with about 25 seconds to go. Duke is trying to inbound the ball and GTis pressing. Redick grabs the jersey of the GT player and escapes his man. The GT kid never even laid as much as a finger on Redick. However, the GT player gets called for a foul, Redick doesn't miss FT's and puts Duke up 3.

Even Dukie V said it was a bad call, and that if anything it was a Princess JJ. Man, I hate that kid.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/13/05 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While it was a bad call (in an otherwise well-officiated game), the notion that it is part of a larger conspiracy...well, see the Poop Sheet's investigation.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/13/05 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bball, your comment about the papers is laughable. This was in DC. The local papers have more allegiance to Maryland than to Duke...and the anti-Duke crap that comes from College Park is well-documented.

Incidentally, I was curious about the "evidence" for your comment, or if you were just repeating lore...

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 03/13/05 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So where were the zebras from? I don't have any "evidence" for my comment, apart from the phantom foul against Reddick which was called, and the over the back foul Williams committed on his tip-in which was not called but obvious on the above-the-rim replay. My comment is just something a lot of high school fans say here in Illinois when they think a team is getting jobbed.

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Bball, your comment about the papers is laughable. This was in DC. The local papers have more allegiance to Maryland than to Duke...and the anti-Duke crap that comes from College Park is well-documented.

Incidentally, I was curious about the "evidence" for your comment, or if you were just repeating lore...

PostPosted: 03/13/05 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Williams committed on his tip-in which was not called but obvious on the above-the-rim replay.

Schensher wrapped his hands behind him around Shelden's back and waist...squeezing him from behind.

Quote:
My comment is just something a lot of high school fans say here in Illinois when they think a team is getting jobbed.

High school fans in Illinois blame a Duke bias in officiating? Wow, that is power!

Quote:
I don't have any "evidence" for my comment

I didn't think so.

You can always point to a few bad calls in a game. Look at Duke-UNC...May bear hugs Shelden from behind, and it is called a jump ball.

Sounds like a little bit of Terping on your part...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: