RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mike.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 12/29/05 11:24 am    ::: Mike....... Reply Reply with quote

do you ever get press releases or other tidbits from the Mid-American Conference that you can post here or is it pretty much limited to schools in the Northeast?

Don't pet the sweaty stuff
SportsPageMike

PostPosted: 12/29/05 8:13 pm    ::: Hello PennyT Reply Reply with quote

In answering your question before the basketball season started I e-mailed all of the Conferences except for the 7 major one's because I could not find e-mail addresses online. They listed staff members but no e-mail addresses.

As for the other conferences I believe I did contact most of them. Many of them replied and were generous in supplying media releases on a regular basis.

The Mid-American Conference was one of the conferences that never replied, unfortunately.

It does seem that most of our information on the men is regulated to the Northeast but I am trying to change that. In women's basketball our range is further because the conferences are more lenient in wanting to promote women's sports.

The Big East, the NEC, the America East and the MAAC feed me info regularly and I can republish any information from the America East and the MAAC conference websites. Many schools also send info including several from the Big East schools in men's hoops. Cincinnati and St. John's just confirmed the other day that they would start doing this also.

As I try to find people that are willing to volunteer their time to cover or shoot photos of these other schools in various conferences, it may take a little bit of time before that happens. We should be getting to some C-USA games soon and that will be a welcomed addition.

We are always looking to expand coverage if you know of anyone that is willing to become a volunteer as we all are for the website.

Feel free to e-mail me personally if you want.

Many thanks;
Mike
mdavino@sportspagemagazine.com

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: