RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Baylor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 03/12/05 7:35 pm    ::: Baylor Reply Reply with quote

Aren't "Lady Bears" actually sows? Just asking.

The way they're playing against KSU, I got to thinking that they prolly match favorably to LSU or UNC, which are both highly athletic teams. How about LSU v. Baylor in the NC?

PostPosted: 03/12/05 7:52 pm    ::: Hehe Reply Reply with quote

Would be nice to see some variety in the NC wouldn't it?

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/12/05 9:12 pm    ::: Re: Baylor Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:
The way they're playing against KSU, I got to thinking that they prolly match favorably to LSU or UNC, which are both highly athletic teams. How about LSU v. Baylor in the NC?

That could be fun to see (though not as much fun as UNC vs Michigan State).

Watching Baylor vs K-State gave me exactly no idea how Baylor deals with uptempo press-and-run teams, though, since K-State isn't one. As strong as Wecker is, the 'Cats don't look especially physical either-- against KSU most good teams would probably look big and tough (and get whistled a lot, as Baylor did).

Baylor played LSU back in November: LSU won, 71-70.

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 03/12/05 9:20 pm    ::: Re: Baylor Reply Reply with quote

KSU is not a physical team- especially in the middle. Although Madden has sort of risen to the occasion. One of the objections I have always had about the way Wecker has played is that, as strong as she is, she's easy to knock down or push away from the boards. But this may be another instance of "Augustus Syndrome"- KW doesn't dare get in foul trouble on the defensive end because she's too important on the offensive end.

Anyway, I am now starting to wonder how Wecker will do in the WNBA- she's clearly good enough to get there, but she will need to change positions to off guard. I wonder how she will make the transition, and whether she will be able to cope with the much more physical play.

accommodatingly wrote:
bballjunkee212 wrote:

That could be fun to see (though not as much fun as UNC vs Michigan State).

Watching Baylor vs K-State gave me exactly no idea how Baylor deals with uptempo press-and-run teams, though, since K-State isn't one. As strong as Wecker is, the 'Cats don't look especially physical either-- against KSU most good teams would probably look big and tough (and get whistled a lot, as Baylor did).

Baylor played LSU back in November: LSU won, 71-70.

PostPosted: 03/12/05 10:26 pm    ::: Re: Baylor and K-State Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:
KSU is not a physical team- especially in the middle. Although Madden has sort of risen to the occasion. One of the objections I have always had about the way Wecker has played is that, as strong as she is, she's easy to knock down or push away from the boards. But this may be another instance of "Augustus Syndrome"- KW doesn't dare get in foul trouble on the defensive end because she's too important on the offensive end.

Anyway, I am now starting to wonder how Wecker will do in the WNBA- she's clearly good enough to get there, but she will need to change positions to off guard. I wonder how she will make the transition, and whether she will be able to cope with the much more physical play.

Good question.

KW's equally comfortable shooting outside and inside-- I don't think she'll mind the change of position on offense. I think the biggest change for her in the W will be that she'll never guard the other team's posts-- she'll be assigned to players as quick as she is. Didn't she stick with Blackmon for much of tonight, and do a pretty good job?

If anyone 'round here gets any news on Megan Mahoney's injury, please post it. The TV folks said ankle; I hope it's not knee.

herrade

PostPosted: 03/13/05 12:44 am    ::: Re: Baylor Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:

admittedly, i've never seen wecker play before tonight, and the first half of the first half of the game didn't make a good first impression, but she didn't seem like w material to me.

PostPosted: 03/13/05 2:30 am    ::: New Mexico Reply Reply with quote

[quote="bballjunkee212"]Aren't "Lady Bears" actually sows? Just asking.

Oddly enough, I was wondering if the Moutain West Conference champs were actually the Lobas.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: