RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LPGA *Spoiler Alert*: Canadian Open

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanyogan

PostPosted: 08/28/11 12:36 pm    ::: LPGA *Spoiler Alert*: Canadian Open Reply Reply with quote

A gaggle of players with a chance to win. Don't peek Wink

This is really getting good, taped coverage starts at 1:00pm CDT.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 08/28/11 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow:

They just showed a side by side of Bam Bam and Ai Myazato at 500 frames per second.

Bam finishes her swing before Ai sets it at the top. The amazing thing to me is Ai has more power given her small stature, her driver stands at or above her shoulders!

vanyogan

PostPosted: 08/28/11 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, now that I'm old, I try to explain to folks the difference between pros and and Ams.

They are playing in a tropical storm, most of the players just want to get to the house. Not Bam Bam and Wie, they are tough, and they are determined to get the ball in the hole.

One my favorite finishes to a golf tournament, ever.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 08/29/11 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bam Bam wins by a shot over Wie and Lewis, the Yanks held the top five spots this week. Economic stimulus!

This was great golf to watch, it shows why pros play for a living and we slog it out doing something else. The pros slogged it Sunday with Irene whipping up the wind and steady rain coming down on the back nine. Bama Bam missed 8 greens but saved par 7/8. for a 2 under 70 that normally would not have won. Lewis shot an earlier 67 that I thought would be a playoff ticket but Lincicome made a great par save at 18 after driving the ball into a courtesy tent way left off the tee. Wie teid Bam with birdie at 15 but gave it right back with an approach from heavy rough that found water. But she made a great putt for the bogey save, made a 30 footer for par at 17 and about a 15 footer for par at 18 to share second with Stacy Lewis. Wie is definitely putting better with that long ass belly putter but she doesn't use it on the belly, she uses it as a brace to keep her left wrist and forearm straight through the ball.

It was a great day all around for Americans as rookies Tiffany Joh, Jennifer Johnson, and Gerina Pillar all cashed big checks that will keep them in the top 80, most likely for the year which gives them another year on tour. I don't remember a better year in some times for American rookies in terms of keeping their status and improving as players. Add those names to Ryann O'Toole, Kimberly Kim, Jennifer Song, and Cindy La Crosse, you have a fine group of young American players.

Sometimes when a player secures their card for the first time, they really take off, so I expect a few of these players to do just that as they finish out this year.

Two players retired this week, Michelle Redman who will take over as head coach of the Gopher women's golf team. And Sherri Steinhauer who will act as an assistant captain on the Solheim cup team, she has also won as coach of the Jr. Solheim Cup team. She too would make a great coach if she choose that direction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: