RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pat Summitt set to make history with next two wins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 03/11/05 9:50 pm    ::: Pat Summitt set to make history with next two wins. Reply Reply with quote

http://sports.myway.com/news/03102005/v4497.html

...nice article, not much here we don't already know, however.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 03/11/05 10:01 pm    ::: Re: Pat Summitt set to make history with next two wins. Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
http://sports.myway.com/news/03102005/v4497.html

...nice article, not much here we don't already know, however.

I'll be there, row 11 in one of those pie sliced sections, row 11(actually the 2nd row in that section), two seats in the row, both on an aisle, woo hoo, just hope they don't disappoint, been a helluva year, they actually looked like a pretty decent team during the SEC's.... hope they can keep it up during the big dance.

stever

PostPosted: 03/11/05 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reb, I've got a gut feeling this team will get a lot closer to the FF than we all thought a month or two ago, ditto with Texas.

...I loved the part of the article about Pat making the pilot "hurry up" so Tyler could be born in Tenn., never heard that before.

8^)

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 03/11/05 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Reb, I've got a gut feeling this team will get a lot closer to the FF than we all thought a month or two ago, ditto with Texas.

...I loved the part of the article about Pat making the pilot "hurry up" so Tyler could be born in Tenn., never heard that before.

8^)

Well, I hope your gut is right, they still lack the killer instinct, they haven't had it all year, don't know what the deal is there, but they can't seem to play well with a lead, especially an early lead.

But hopefully they'll go for the throat in the tourney, when and if the opportunity presents itself.

I've heard the plane story dozens of times, surprised you haven't heard that one, I think it may have even had to do with Marciniak in some way or the other.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/11/05 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

Yeah,
I'm glad I was WRONG about how the Lady Vols would do this year!

jimmyk

PostPosted: 03/11/05 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
stever wrote:

8^)

Well, I hope your gut is right, they still lack the killer instinct, they haven't had it all year, don't know what the deal is there, but they can't seem to play well with a lead, especially an early lead.

But hopefully they'll go for the throat in the tourney, when and if the opportunity presents itself.

I've heard the plane story dozens of times, surprised you haven't heard that one, I think it may have even had to do with Marciniak in some way or the other.

The plane story is in one or the other of her two books, I think the first one. She was 9 months pregnant with Tyler when she went to recruit Marciniak in Pennsylvania. Pat realized she was in labor, and they rushed her back to the plane.

The pilot didn't want her to have Tyler on the plane, so he was gonna stop in Virginia. Pat said that if he did, he'd have a "MAD WOMAN" on his hands. So he flew to Knoxville.

Oh...and Marciniak? She went to Notre Dame, decided to transfer to Tennessee, and the rest is history.

That's basically the shortened version. Anyone with Pat's books should be able to locate that story with not much effort. Cool

And yes...I did type that from memory. Wink

Ballwinner

PostPosted: 03/12/05 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is in her first book Reach For the Summit.

PostPosted: 03/12/05 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's also repeated in Raise the Roof, with one of my favorite lines: "Have you ever seen anyone try not to have a baby?" I get the sense she's fond of telling that story.

(now with spelling variations)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: