RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LPGA: Safeway Classic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanyogan

PostPosted: 08/21/11 1:03 am    ::: LPGA: Safeway Classic Reply Reply with quote

If you are still awake, you have to watch O'Toole, she's an eye full. On GC right now.

Frankly I think Choi wins this thing. She is way good, and somebody has to catch her I think. I don't see her going backwards.

Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 08/21/11 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Van buddy, you might want to stick with your Obama rants because it never seems like anyone is interested in your LPGA threads Wink Laughing

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/21/11 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Realcomplicated wrote:
Van buddy, you might want to stick with your Obama rants because it never seems like anyone is interested in your LPGA threads Wink Laughing

I read them. I just don't know enough about the LPGA anymore to comment on them.

I hate to say it, but since Annika retired, I don't watch as much as I used to.

Annika, Betsy King, Patty Sheehan, Amy Alcott, Beth Daniel, Juli Inkster (still playing), Nancy Lopez, Laura Davies and others - loved watching that era of golf!

Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 08/21/11 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Realcomplicated wrote:

I read them. I just don't know enough about the LPGA anymore to comment on them.

I hate to say it, but since Annika retired, I don't watch as much as I used to.

Annika, Betsy King, Patty Sheehan, Amy Alcott, Beth Daniel, Juli Inkster (still playing), Nancy Lopez, Laura Davies and others - loved watching that era of golf!

I think I was being a little "facetious" Razz

vanyogan

PostPosted: 08/21/11 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't really care whether anyone reads these posts or not. Apparently some do. This is like an extra hard drive. Sometimes, like Utube gold; I feel compelled to write, to say something, and in this case, it's on Reb's dime. Wink

How bout that Taylor Leon? Laughing

ETA:

Golf is an amazingly simple game. I feel like I have witnessed the evolution of it. Between my knowledge pf the history, and having witnessed the history, it's pretty frigg'n amazing. A couple weeks ago, on a Sunday, I had no internet service, no cable, so I went to the local public course. As soon as I got there I realized there was this tourney going on, city championship. I have played this myself many years ago. Having watched many PGA events and a few LPGA, I decided to watch. I rented a cart and packed an ice chest.

I could not believe my eyes. This one guy hits it 350, into a 20 mph wind. I'm serious. That's as big as anybody hits it, in the world. But, the scoring was nominal. There is a reason why they call them pros.

What I learned, let's say re-learned, is this; golf is about putting the ball, in the hole. There are no style points. And that is why I love the game, so much...

Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 08/21/11 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: