RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UCSB game to be webcast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 03/11/05 12:10 am    ::: UCSB game to be webcast Reply Reply with quote

Alright, so it's the whole Big West Tournament that's being webcast... UCSB plays at Noon (3pmET)

http://www.anteaters.tv/
(you can get to it from the Big West site too, but apparently the broadcast originates from UC Irvine)... Hopefully UCSB gets a clue and sets up something similar next year.

Anyway, UCSB plays Northridge...
Long Beach State Plays Idaho after that with the winners meeting Saturday for the Conference's Automatic bid Smile
The new format did it's job so far with the top 4 seeds remaining (worst RPI is Northridge at 146... down thanks to a few games without their star) Ofa Tulikihihifo returned this afternoon for Northridge from a partial torn ACL? anyway, she went 3 for 3 in the overtime period to lead them over Riverside and into a matchup with UCSB (the only big west team Northridge has not beaten this year).

Almost forgot, there are archives of the women's games so far on that same link... so whoever it was that asked about how good mitchell and faurholt are can check out their game today for a little sample and tomorrow for some more Smile

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/11/05 12:15 pm    ::: Re: UCSB game to be webcast Reply Reply with quote

Go BEACH!!!

(sorry!)

; )

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 03/11/05 12:59 pm    ::: Re: UCSB game to be webcast Reply Reply with quote

Gaucho Don wrote:
Alright, so it's the whole Big West Tournament that's being webcast... UCSB plays at Noon (3pmET)

http://www.anteaters.tv/
(you can get to it from the Big West site too, but apparently the broadcast originates from UC Irvine)... Hopefully UCSB gets a clue and sets up something similar next year.

Anyway, UCSB plays Northridge...
Long Beach State Plays Idaho after that with the winners meeting Saturday for the Conference's Automatic bid Smile
The new format did it's job so far with the top 4 seeds remaining (worst RPI is Northridge at 146... down thanks to a few games without their star) Ofa Tulikihihifo returned this afternoon for Northridge from a partial torn ACL? anyway, she went 3 for 3 in the overtime period to lead them over Riverside and into a matchup with UCSB (the only big west team Northridge has not beaten this year).

Almost forgot, there are archives of the women's games so far on that same link... so whoever it was that asked about how good mitchell and faurholt are can check out their game today for a little sample and tomorrow for some more Smile

I'm at work, and can't surf a lot, is that the first game in the tourney today?

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 03/11/05 1:06 pm    ::: Yeah Reply Reply with quote

Yep, first game of the day. Best team plays first so they get the most rest before tomorrow (if they win)

UCSB v CS Northridge at noon
Idaho v Long Beach at about 2:30 (half hour after the end of game one)

Championship is Saturday at 1pm on Fox (not sure if it will be webcast)

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 03/11/05 5:06 pm    ::: UCSB wins Reply Reply with quote

79-67 Smile

Will face the winner of the Idaho/Long Beach St game at 1pm tomorrow for the NCAA tourney bid Smile

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 03/11/05 5:11 pm    ::: Re: UCSB wins Reply Reply with quote

Gaucho Don wrote:
79-67 Smile

Will face the winner of the Idaho/Long Beach St game at 1pm tomorrow for the NCAA tourney bid Smile

Well, I did sneak in a peak, didn't seem like too bad of a feed, couldn't zoom other than full screen, but the pic was good, the commercials are good, I caught the announcers bitching about no water or not being furnished water by the Big West, or something along those lines.

When the game resumed, the sound was terrible, but the announcers bellyaching during a break was crystal clear Smile

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 03/11/05 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hehe, yeah

There is another feed on the big west site that I just found out is resizable other than full screen Smile

The announcers still don't get the concept that the mic is on (on my end it was turned way down during the break and was pretty good otherwise for the sound.

This is the resizable link
http://bigwest.newtier.com/

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 03/11/05 7:29 pm    ::: Idaho it is Reply Reply with quote

Faurholt hits a last second shot to win the game for Idaho

UCSB gets the chance to prove they belong in the dance tomorrow when we get to play the only big west team we have not beaten this year.

UCSB v Idaho 1pm.

Of course Idaho is now on their third game in three days and they don't play that deep... who knows if we belong if we win (least we'll have a chance to prove it), but if we lose, we certainly don't belong and won't be there.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/11/05 7:33 pm    ::: Re: Idaho it is Reply Reply with quote

Poor Long Beach! I love those girls. I wish I didn't have so much to do today or I would have been at the game.
Well, I guess it's Go Gauchos! now...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: