RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

To Bring Closure to Yesterday: BE Absolves Geno

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/11/05 9:47 am    ::: To Bring Closure to Yesterday: BE Absolves Geno Reply Reply with quote

As I said, until the facts are known, no judgment should be passed.

BIG EAST CONFERENCE COMMISSIONER MICHAEL TRANGHESE STATEMENT REGARDING WOMEN’S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

New York, N.Y. - (March 10, 2005) - Following a very thorough and comprehensive investigation in which over a dozen individuals and involved parties were interviewed, I have determined that University of Connecticut Head Women’s Basketball Coach Geno Auriemma did not act inappropriately at any time during and after the UConn versus Rutgers BIG EAST Conference women’s basketball championship game earlier this week.

With the assistance and support of Athletic Directors Jeffrey Hathaway of Connecticut and Bob Mulcahy of Rutgers University along with BIG EAST Conference administrators, I have gathered considerable information over the past 48-hours from coaches, staffs, game officials and student-athletes who were in attendance at the game. As a result, this fact-finding process led me to conclude that Coach Auriemma did not act in an improper fashion. I also believe all involved certainly recognize the necessity to put this matter behind us and move forward.

In the heat of competition – particularly during the post-season when so much is at stake -- there are inevitably going to be situations in which misunderstandings occur. It is truly unfortunate that these situations sometime detract and overshadow the game itself. However, I am pleased to report that all parties involved were forthcoming and genuinely committed to resolve this matter expeditiously to ensure that each program can move forward in a positive manner and focus on the upcoming NCAA women’s basketball tournament.

This statement summarizes the BIG EAST Conference position on this matter and there will be no further public comment by any of the involved parties

So does C.Viv apologize? Does Admiral? Doubtful....end of discussion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: