RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

AT narrows list to four...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJMMs

PostPosted: 12/16/05 2:33 pm    ::: AT narrows list to four... Reply Reply with quote

That's Ashlee Trebilcock, the UCLA transfer...Oklahoma, UConn, Georgia, Ohio State...

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_3313572

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/16/05 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCONN! All right!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/16/05 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure I can imagine a poing guard not wanting to pass to the Paris twins ...

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/16/05 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

what's a poing guard? Laughing

Just be sure you pass them the rolls too! Shocked

pilight

PostPosted: 12/16/05 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

I guess it protects you from this:

http://www.poing.com

PostPosted: 12/16/05 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Just be sure you pass them the rolls too! Shocked

You know, a slow girl, like Maria Conlon. Or a short one, like Erika Valek.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/16/05 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Incidentally, UConn might be a great place for her. UConn didn't get Gemelos...Trebilcock will have 3.5 years of eligibility remaining. Would be a good fit to backup then replace Mel Thomas.

Trebilcock is a two, not a point guard. And she will be a good fit with the Huskies.

caejal44

PostPosted: 12/16/05 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She might be a good fit at UGA. Kendrick and Baker leave this year. Chambers and Hardrick next year. She would be behind Chambers a semester at the two if her elgibility begins spring of 07. Those are the only traditional guards they have on scholarship. The recruiting class for next year boasts three guards, but Houts is a PG, Marshall a wing, and Rhoden a combo, so she might end up choosing Georgia if pt is an issue.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/16/05 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Incidentally, UConn might be a great place for her. UConn didn't get Gemelos...Trebilcock will have 3.5 years of eligibility remaining. Would be a good fit to backup then replace Mel Thomas.

Trebilcock is a two, not a point guard. And she will be a good fit with the Huskies.

cam, have you seen her play?

we don't need any more mel thomas', thank you, unless we have another DT.

mikey87

PostPosted: 12/16/05 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I actullay think she might choose GA also it's the best place for her 2 me GA already has the best group of guards in the country and why not add another excellent guard to the crop

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/16/05 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
cam, have you seen her play?

we don't need any more mel thomas', thank you, unless we have another DT.

Not in person, no. Got a lot of reports from people who have seen her play...and from people who recruited her.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 12/17/05 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tia Jackson?

According to the CT Post, Ashlee could end up narrowing her list to these two: Ohio State and UConn.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 12/17/05 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lots of back and forth on how much time she has to play... seems like it would basically end up being two years... after sitting a year out... making it two, if you add this season. LOTs of time not playing.

Is it worth it? For her, no doubt, if she was that unhappy. But did she have all the info?

And what about the "risk" for whoever she joins... a scholly for 2 years? just wonderin'

PostPosted: 12/17/05 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know that she would be a good fit for UConn unless she is a big time perimeter scorer ... the kind of guard (preferably tall) who can create her own shots in the face of defensive pressure, shoot at least 38% from behind the arc, rifle accurate entry and ping passes, and present a credible driving threat.

That is what UConn needs when Strother graduates ... and, in fact, needs right now. Thomas is too short and has too low a release to be what I am calling a big time outside scorer. Yet, Thomas will be the only decent outside shooter next year, though possibly RPM can continue to develop as a shooter. But shooters are not necessarily big time scorers.

The tall, self-creating, aggressive, off-point perimeter scorers Geno had hoped to have were at least one of the following: Abby Waner, Erika Arriaran and Jacki Gemelos. He failed to get them ... and, after Gemelos reneged, Geno had no recruiting backup plan for this role. None of the 4 recruits coming in next year is a big time perimeter scorer.

So, unless Trebilcock has this kind of ability, I wouldn't see her getting much time. She's not going to be an inside player, she isn't going to beat out any of the current pg's, and Geno already has better slashers than Trebilcock is likely to be.

Of course, if she understands it will be hard to get minutes at UConn and otherwise has a good attitude, but wants to come anyway, there probably is no reason for Geno not to take her. She probably would be best used as a backup for Thomas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: