RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jennifer Butler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 03/10/05 5:37 am    ::: Jennifer Butler Reply Reply with quote

What's her game like, she was drafted by a WNBA team but I've never seen her play. Jen is playing in Spain but she's in Leb 2, I guess that's the like Division 2. All I know about her is that she is supposed to be a great rebounder, she did have 25 rbs in a game in Spain (which is impressive to me).

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 03/10/05 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What I know of Jen is that bsb knows her mom, she set NCAA records at UMAss, and Dan Hughes drafted her in 2003 to replace Rushia Brown. Jen got hurt before the last cut in camp, but word was she made the team. Dan saw enough to keep her on IR all year, but no one claimed Jen in the reassignment draft.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 03/10/05 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
What I know of Jen is that bsb knows her mom, she set NCAA records at UMAss, and Dan Hughes drafted her in 2003 to replace Rushia Brown. Jen got hurt before the last cut in camp, but word was she made the team. Dan saw enough to keep her on IR all year, but no one claimed Jen in the reassignment draft.

I believe she's from NY, why don't the Liberty bring this REBOUNDER to camp. Eveyone knows how much rebounding help the Liberty can use, we have a couple of rebounders but one more couldn't hurt.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/10/05 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jen blew her knee out end of senior year. She signed to play with the Spirit in the NWBL but was never able to get on the court due to medical clearance. She was in someone's camp last year, and the knee still was no good.

She was Dani's camp counselor last summer.

If the knee is sound, she's a rebound machine. And a really good kid. Very intelligent, very friendly, great smile.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 03/10/05 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Jen blew her knee out end of senior year. She signed to play with the Spirit in the NWBL but was never able to get on the court due to medical clearance. She was in someone's camp last year, and the knee still was no good.

She was Dani's camp counselor last summer.

If the knee is sound, she's a rebound machine. And a really good kid. Very intelligent, very friendly, great smile.

Yeah well I'm thinking she must be better since she's playing 30 plus minutes in Spain, the rebounding seems to still be there for her too.

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 03/10/05 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like I said, lol, she was a 2nd rd draft choice of the Cleveland Rockers -the 15th overall pick in the 2003 draft- and she tore her ACL in our camp.
She was healthy coming in to our camp.

If she's recovered from the ACL injury, she's worth a look. Dan was high on her from the combine and what he saw of her in camp.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/10/05 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She was dispersed to Sacramento when the Rockers were folded; she was one of the Monarchs' first cuts, presumably because of the bad knee. (Bad knee! Very bad! No cortisone!)

I hope she comes back, if only 'cause she's a New Yorker and we need to get our cred up around where it is for the men.

PostPosted: 03/10/05 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jennifer Butler
http://www.umass.edu/chronicle/archives/03/05-02/butler.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: