RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#7 UNC Takes On #8 UConn Monday In Jimmy V Classic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
we had this cheese and sausage appetizer and skewered shrimp. Then the steak I had was served with Yucca fries on the side, and a salsa flavored ketchup.

No signs of bears though.

Is it gauche to serve cocktail wieners at a bris?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
we had this cheese and sausage appetizer and skewered shrimp. Then the steak I had was served with Yucca fries on the side, and a salsa flavored ketchup.

No signs of bears though.

Hmm, I think I'd stick with the knishes. Do moyles only work for tips?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Yes. Mohels are just like strippers. You tip them in their pants because you know where their hands have been.

The only differences between the bris and the bar mitzvah is that there is no cutting done at the bar mitzvah, except guests about other people's outfits. And the Rabbi stays longer.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Yes. Mohels are just like strippers. You tip them in their pants because you know where their hands have been.

The only differences between the bris and the bar mitzvah is that there is no cutting done at the bar mitzvah, except guests about other people's outfits. And the Rabbi stays longer.

"Didn't you wear that dress before?

I'm saving the new one for your shiva!"

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but does Maryland want to make a serious Final Four push this season? Question If not, then don't worry about having an inexperienced and underdeveloped starting PG. By the way, a player whose supposedly been playing PG all her life should recognize when and when not to shoot and when/when not to pass REGARDLESS of the change in competition level.

I know that Smith was less talented during her four years than Tolliver is now, but I don't see Maryland making any noise in the ACC unless it can find a consistent distributor of the ball (like Smith was last year). Doron can't be that distributor, so I guess it's all on Tolliver. I'm not saying a rookie point can't lead a team deep into the NCAAs (stranger things have happened), but based on the composition of the FF last season (4 starting senior PGs), it's highly unlikely.

Mathies to LA 2013
ripleydc

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

"Didn't you wear that dress before?

I'm saving the new one for your shiva!"

OK guys. time to move over to 51. Confused

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of circumcisions,

When the mariachis played Tequila I tried to get our well endowed secretary to get on the table like Pee Wee Herman but she wouldn't do it!

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:

i think you're missing the point.

the point is: tequila is delicious, especially when integrated into some pumpkin-based dish, especially of the pie family.

i was told there'd be punch and pie.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
ripleydc wrote:

i think you're missing the point.

the point is: tequila is delicious, especially when integrated into some pumpkin-based dish, especially of the pie family.

i was told there'd be punch and pie.

We tried three desserts among the eight of us. One was a mango flan, so so.

One was a hot chocolate cake with whipped cream and fudge sauce, pretty good.

THe last was a banana Chimichanga with a caramel drizzle and whipped cream. AWESOME!!

BCBG25

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
And the boss lived in Mexico, so he recommended an aged tequila for the margaritas, wow! Unreal and what a wallop!!!!

Leaving for Mexico tomorrow, I appreciate the priceless advice, D!

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
knock knock anybody home? SHE'S A FRESHMAN with all of maybe 7 games to her credit. She NOT a fully MATURE player yet. Did I say she was the best PG in the ACC? No. Will Harding and Latta and others give her trouble during the ACC run? yes. but who (but you) expects a freshman to burst from the womb of her high schools years into the big time fully *mature*?

I don't expect her to be a fully mature PG as a first semester freshman, but I do expect her to do what any PG on a high HS/NCAA level should do: see floor, get teammates ball in optimal scoring position, limit turnovers (bad pass and pickpocket), no forced passes, shoot when open, lead on defense. Most PGs have been doing this stuff for years and has become second nature. With Tolliver, that doesn't appear to be the case. She's a scorer handicapped by the fact that her team doesn't have better PG options.

No one's expecting her to outplay Latta or Harding except for you guys. I know it's impossible for her to do that this year.

Quote:
MD doesn't have anyone better to play the point. (and that's really the key here.) MD will have to go with tolliver, mature or not. she will have to learn on the job. she'll make mistakes, but she's a gamer and will, as the season goes on and as the years go by, get better and better. and along the way, she'll be picking her share of ACC pockets.

All that's understandable, but I'm just saying don't expect instant results. It seems like most Maryland fans expect the kid to lead them to the FF this season. That's not out of the question, but let's see how she (and MD) respond when battle-tested in conference play.

Mathies to LA 2013
Keegan

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
The Holy Roman Empire is neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. Discuss.

Well when Charlemagne created his empire in the 9th Century...

Does anybody have a spare copy of this game?
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

One was a hot chocolate cake with whipped cream and fudge sauce, pretty good.

I'd love to indulge in that. Twisted Evil

Mathies to LA 2013
ripleydc

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
I'm sorry, but does Maryland want to make a serious Final Four push this season? Question If not, then don't worry about having an inexperienced and underdeveloped starting PG. By the way, a player whose supposedly been playing PG all her life should recognize when and when not to shoot and when/when not to pass REGARDLESS of the change in competition level.

I know that Smith was less talented during her four years than Tolliver is now, but I don't see Maryland making any noise in the ACC unless it can find a consistent distributor of the ball (like Smith was last year). Doron can't be that distributor, so I guess it's all on Tolliver. I'm not saying a rookie point can't lead a team deep into the NCAAs (stranger things have happened), but based on the composition of the FF last season (4 starting senior PGs), it's highly unlikely.

with all due respect, I think you've changed the subject. I never said MD was making a final 4 push this year. I think they're a year away from even seriously contending for a F4 spot. This year, they need to make it deeper in the tourney than just the 2nd round. they need experience above all. they have talent, but some of it (including tolliver) is not mature talent. but I still think you've seen too little of tolliver to judge her. catch a few more games. see how she *matures*, then come back and tell me if you think (like I do now...although I reserve the right to change my opinion Wink ) whether a year or two from now she can help the terrapins move to the next level.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
The Holy Roman Empire is neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. Discuss.

Well when Charlemagne created his empire in the 9th Century...

This one:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/4802

or this one:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/4017

or this one:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/529

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Razz at you, pilight.

Anybody have a spare copy of the UNC/UCONN GAME?
PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pilight, that was fabulous!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
And the boss lived in Mexico, so he recommended an aged tequila for the margaritas, wow! Unreal and what a wallop!!!!

The tequila was Jimador Reposado.

Reposado means Aged, Jimador is the brand name.

Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth as silk!!!!!!!

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

I burned mine, then cried myself to sleep. What a night.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/06/05 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
with all due respect, I think you've changed the subject. I never said MD was making a final 4 push this year. I think they're a year away from even seriously contending for a F4 spot. This year, they need to make it deeper in the tourney than just the 2nd round. they need experience above all. they have talent, but some of it (including tolliver) is not mature talent. but I still think you've seen too little of tolliver to judge her. catch a few more games. see how she *matures*, then come back and tell me if you think (like I do now...although I reserve the right to change my opinion Wink ) whether a year or two from now she can help the terrapins move to the next level.

You're actually the first Terp fan I've spoken with who doesn't realistically think this team has a shot at the FF in 2006. 2007 and 2008 is a different story. They'll challenge for the ACC and for the NC during those seasons.

Anyway, I stay in right now NC and should have the opportunity to see Maryland almost every week in January. I'll see how Tolliver progresses and hit you up later in the season. I see the potential clear as day, but the development needs to come on through.

Mathies to LA 2013
ripleydc

PostPosted: 12/06/05 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

You're actually the first Terp fan I've spoken with who doesn't realistically think this team has a shot at the FF in 2006. 2007 and 2008 is a different story. They'll challenge for the ACC and for the NC during those seasons.

Anyway, I stay in right now NC and should have the opportunity to see Maryland almost every week in January. I'll see how Tolliver progresses and hit you up later in the season. I see the potential clear as day, but the development needs to come on through.

fair enough. btw, keep your eye on the other freshman, Marissa Coleman, while you're at it. IMO she doesn't play like a newbie. must be the U19 experience. in the Xavier game, she actually pushed a veteran teammate into proper defensive position, while keeping her eye on her opponent and then stealing the ball. *brilliant*!!! I did a double take...I couldn't believe I saw a *freshman* do that!

some of the other terps fans may impatient...but I'm a long-suffering Mystics fan, so I know all about waiting for the good to come along. Wink

kinkitola

PostPosted: 12/06/05 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Jimador is delish, but no where near as good as Patron Gold. Mmmm! Exclamation

PostPosted: 12/06/05 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kinkitola wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Jimador is delish, but no where near as good as Patron Gold. Mmmm! Exclamation

the full message he sent back to me is "jimador reposado, or don julio, as long as they are reposado or a~nejo, meaning aged and 100% blue agave"

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/06/05 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
fair enough. btw, keep your eye on the other freshman, Marissa Coleman, while you're at it. IMO she doesn't play like a newbie. must be the U19 experience. in the Xavier game, she actually pushed a veteran teammate into proper defensive position, while keeping her eye on her opponent and then stealing the ball. *brilliant*!!! I did a double take...I couldn't believe I saw a *freshman* do that!

some of the other terps fans may impatient...but I'm a long-suffering Mystics fan, so I know all about waiting for the good to come along. Wink

I've seen Coleman, and I must say that I really like what I see so far. She's an explosive one on both sides of the ball. I like how she shoots gaps HARD on defense! How many froshes do that?

I know that I originally thought that Waner might run away with the FOY in the ACC, but after seeing Coleman I've had to retract that notion. Seeing McCants only makes me look sillier. But yeah, Coleman's play impresses me. Could it be the U19 experience? Perhaps, as all of those girls (4-15) are absolute STUDS. Cool Whatever she's got working for her, I must say I like it because it WORKS! This kid is a player. She + Tolliver + Doron + France + Langhorne + Harper = 2007 Final Four. I can see that.

You have my sympathy for being a Mystics fan. I hope they can pull their act together so that Alana Beard (Dukie!) can help lead this team to a title. It took my team 9 seasons to get one, but they finally did it!

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: