RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

National Kobe Association

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 11/21/05 12:51 am    ::: National Kobe Association Reply Reply with quote

I swear I see his ass everytime I watch ESPN. Evil or Very Mad It's sickening to say the least. In addition to him being a prick a-hole, he's also quite unattractive. I can think of at least 10 guys I'd rather see on ESPN than KBB. Rolling Eyes

Mathies to LA 2013
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 11/21/05 1:41 am    ::: Re: National Kobe Association Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, what's worse for me is that I have Showbe on my yahoo fantasy team (my 1st round pick), so I actually have to root for him to do well! Exclamation

But at least both POR, SAC and LA aren't elite teams anymore, so it's not like him doing well will have an impact on who gets the trophy. Confused

So far, he has been doing great, but I wish he'd take more 3's... He used to take ~6 a game, but now it's about 1! Shocked I keep on winning that stat by the skin of my teeth...

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 11/21/05 1:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do you mean take or make more threes, Admiral? It seems to me like he takes his fair share of threes...and winds up missing most of them (see tonight's Bulls game). Laughing

I wish Sacramento could play like the Sacramento of old against the Lakers. Nothing like seeing Kobe walk out of ARCO Arena, dejected. Wink

Mathies to LA 2013
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 11/21/05 2:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Do you mean take or make more threes, Admiral? It seems to me like he takes his fair share of threes...and winds up missing most of them (see tonight's Bulls game). Laughing

I wish Sacramento could play like the Sacramento of old against the Lakers. Nothing like seeing Kobe walk out of ARCO Arena, dejected. Wink

Well both, lol.. But I was referring to the taking of more 3's by Kobe... In the yahoo game, volume is the key, so the more attempts means more 3s made... and only 3pters made count. All the 3pt misses lower the FG% stat, but you can pump that FG% stat up by just having more centers on your team.

And yes, I quite miss the days of old Sacramento... and old Portland too... Webber and Sabonis... both teams went downhill after each left their teams Confused

bullsky

PostPosted: 11/21/05 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:

Woo! The Bulls finally picked up a road win! Took them long enough. The good news, they won the game. The bad news, Spurs are up next. Yikes!

Oh and Kobe does take a lot of shots. He tried to get tricky with one of them, but Deng stuck with him and bothered the shot.

PostPosted: 11/21/05 8:56 am    ::: Re: National Kobe Association Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
I swear I see his ass everytime I watch ESPN. Evil or Very Mad It's sickening to say the least. In addition to him being a prick a-hole, he's also quite unattractive. I can think of at least 10 guys I'd rather see on ESPN than KBB. Rolling Eyes

I'm DEFINITELY not a Kobe fan, but I don't mind seeing him all the time on ESPN and whatnot. I guess I get a kick out of seeing him on an extremely mediocre team (cuz I hated seeing his ugly mug on my tv screen back when the Lakers were dominant). The only person I'm tired of seeing on my television is Lebron. I agree that Kobe isn't attactive, but he's a heck of a lot better looking than LBJ. But I know that LBJ has lots of fans on here, so I'll just leave it at that... Very Happy

And yeah, tonight was a good win for the Bulls. We needed that win badly.

Bring on the Spurs! (...in four days!)

PostPosted: 11/21/05 7:13 pm    ::: Re: National Kobe Association Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:
I'm DEFINITELY not a Kobe fan, but I don't mind seeing him all the time on ESPN and whatnot. I guess I get a kick out of seeing him on an extremely mediocre team (cuz I hated seeing his ugly mug on my tv screen back when the Lakers were dominant). The only person I'm tired of seeing on my television is Lebron. I agree that Kobe isn't attactive, but he's a heck of a lot better looking than LBJ. But I know that LBJ has lots of fans on here, so I'll just leave it at that... Very Happy

I definitely have to agree with that! I take great pleasure in watching Kobe hoist up bad shot after bad shot and singlehandedly lose ball games for his team in the final seconds. As a bonus, ESPN manages to show him walking off the court, dejected. Smile However, ESPN must realize that the NBA doesn't revolve around LeBron or Kobe. There are 30 teams with 450 players they can focus in on (but please, no more Steve Nash). I wouldn't mind seeing more Arenas...he isn't all that but looks better than LeBron and Kobe IMHO.

I'm through with Bean. Rolling Eyes He looks like the black version of Butthead. I wonder who's Beavis. Question As a matter of fact, I'm tired of seeing busted-looking NBA players on TV. Thank goodness for football! Very Happy

Mathies to LA 2013
hyperetic

PostPosted: 11/22/05 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah they can focus on Earl Boykins!!!!!!!! Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
icey23

PostPosted: 11/26/05 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I LOVE KOBE Razz

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/01/05 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
I LOVE KOBE Razz

I'll admit that I'm a "hater". Smile But some things are just damn ridiculous. For instance, Dee Brown just said that Kobe and Lamar are the new age version of MJ and Scottie. Shocked The only thing that those duos have in common is their head coach.

Mathies to LA 2013
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/01/05 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
icey23 wrote:
I LOVE KOBE Razz

I'll admit that I'm a "hater". Smile But some things are just damn ridiculous. For instance, Dee Brown just said that Kobe and Lamar are the new age version of MJ and Scottie. Shocked The only thing that those duos have in common is their head coach.

WHOAH! I saw that. He also said that for Odom to be Pippen he needs to step up more, and Kobe is taking so many shots because the team isn't getting the triangle, and that Kobe is taking a lot of shots at the end of shot clock

I don't like Kobe either, but c'mon be straight about it. Dee did not say that kind of dumb stateemnt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: