RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Purdue vs George Washington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 11/25/05 2:16 pm    ::: Purdue vs George Washington Reply Reply with quote

GW up 21-19 at the half.

PostPosted: 11/25/05 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Colonials win 49-47!

Site Admin

PostPosted: 11/25/05 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what it's worth, they were practically dead even in RPI last year.

O.G.

PostPosted: 11/25/05 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Despite the rankings, I'm not sure this truly qualifies as an upset.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 11/25/05 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

O.G. wrote:
Despite the rankings, I'm not sure this truly qualifies as an upset.

I sure do!!!!!!

Purdue couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and refused to play defense.

And Katie Gearlds really needs to take Curry's advice and shoot the damn ball when she's open...and it sounded like she was open plenty of times in this game. She needs to become less selfless and more selfish. She's a shooter....and needs to do her job.

Highly disappointing....I really wanted to smash Jody Conradt around but now we can't.

PostPosted: 11/25/05 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I consider it an upset too!! I was sure Purdue would win this game. I can't help but to think if the outcome would've been different had Erin not gotten into all that foul trouble so early in the game. And yes...Gearlds needs to step up. She needs to WANT TO take over a game, she's billed as the star of the team...wish she'd step up and BE the star, take those open shots!!

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 11/25/05 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

desafiada6 wrote:
I consider it an upset too!! I was sure Purdue would win this game. I can't help but to think if the outcome would've been different had Erin not gotten into all that foul trouble so early in the game. And yes...Gearlds needs to step up. She needs to WANT TO take over a game, she's billed as the star of the team...wish she'd step up and BE the star, take those open shots!!

That's the biggest thing Katie needs to do....accept her role. She did it in high school...she can do it in college.

Did you notice the box score??? 6 points from Katie. 5 from LWH. NONE from either Webb or George....you will never win if you don't get some kind of production from your point guard(s). Howell with none, although I'll let her slide since she's a freshman. Even Bogs with a sucky game.

Really, and this is not to belittle GW at all, but Purdue should have had no trouble with this team. There is too much talent on this team for this loss tonight.

PostPosted: 11/27/05 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
Did you notice the box score??? 6 points from Katie. 5 from LWH. NONE from either Webb or George....you will never win if you don't get some kind of production from your point guard(s).

Well, George certainly gave the Boilers some production in the consolation win over South Carolina. Cherelle had 9 points and 10 steals, the latter figure two behind Joy Holmes's Boiler record for a game. If George is not in the starting lineup Tuesday against Arkansas State, I'll be very disappointed! And Danielle Campbell is making the most of her minutes -- I'd strongly consider starting her Tuesday and bringing Erin Lawless off the bench, but I know Curry would never be that bold!

http://www.womensbasketballonline.com/birthdays/index.html

Let me know of any players/teams you wish to see added!
IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 11/27/05 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sternvogel wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:
Did you notice the box score??? 6 points from Katie. 5 from LWH. NONE from either Webb or George....you will never win if you don't get some kind of production from your point guard(s).

Well, George certainly gave the Boilers some production in the consolation win over South Carolina. Cherelle had 9 points and 10 steals, the latter figure two behind Joy Holmes's Boiler record for a game. If George is not in the starting lineup Tuesday against Arkansas State, I'll be very disappointed! And Danielle Campbell is making the most of her minutes -- I'd strongly consider starting her Tuesday and bringing Erin Lawless off the bench, but I know Curry would never be that bold!

Well it depends on what you mean by bold. Is Lawless just struggling with confidence right now? If so, then I don't see how benching her will fix that. However, if she's playing lazy, then by all means go for it. I think Curry needs to publicly challenge her.....that seems to work for Gearlds at least.

And I do agree regarding George....I was hoping that Webb would have a kick-butt senior year, but she's playing horribly, which is not good. She's had her chances.....it's time to move on unless Webb says enough is enough and decides to play like she's capable.

PostPosted: 11/27/05 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
However, if she's playing lazy, then by all means go for it. I think Curry needs to publicly challenge her.....that seems to work for Gearlds at least.

I don't think it's a case of Erin being lazy. I seem to recall a story a couple weeks ago that her ITP (blood disorder) re-surfaced at the end of last season and she continues to battle that this season. It leaves her a little lethargic...not purposely being lazy but perhaps she is tired out there. Hoping she feels better as I do feel she's a key member of this team!!

Curious

PostPosted: 11/27/05 1:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
And I do agree regarding George....I was hoping that Webb would have a kick-butt senior year, but she's playing horribly, which is not good. She's had her chances.....it's time to move on unless Webb says enough is enough and decides to play like she's capable.

Has she played well since the pick?

Curious

PostPosted: 11/27/05 1:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

desafiada6 wrote:
Quote:
However, if she's playing lazy, then by all means go for it. I think Curry needs to publicly challenge her.....that seems to work for Gearlds at least.

I don't think it's a case of Erin being lazy. I seem to recall a story a couple weeks ago that her ITP (blood disorder) re-surfaced at the end of last season and she continues to battle that this season. It leaves her a little lethargic...not purposely being lazy but perhaps she is tired out there. Hoping she feels better as I do feel she's a key member of this team!!

I hope Lawless doesn't have health problems. She's a really great player. I love her game and hope she's alright.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 11/27/05 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't know Lawless had health drama.

: (

Aya played well in that game:

7 rebounds, 15 points, 3 blocked shots, 4 steals (no fouls, 2 turnovers) in 32 minutes.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 11/27/05 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
I didn't know Lawless had health drama.

: (

Aya played well in that game:

7 rebounds, 15 points, 3 blocked shots, 4 steals (no fouls, 2 turnovers) in 32 minutes.

Erin's had ongoing health issues but they have stayed under control for the most part. I haven't seen the team play this year yet, so that's why I was merely speculating re: Erin's play. To me, the biggest thing holding her back is the foul trouble she gets into, which makes me think she plays somewhat out of control. She has unlimited potential, but she needs to play smarter. I love her toughness.

Aya is hot and cold. She had a great game against GW, then proceeded to stink the joint up against South Carolina.

And Webb played much better as the year wore on, but there's no time to wait on her this season.

PostPosted: 11/27/05 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue has a home game tuesday night don't they?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/27/05 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

7 p.m. versus Arkansas State. Will be my first game of the year.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 11/27/05 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't been to a college game yet either.

If I get out of work early enough I'll head up to the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: