RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UCLA dismantles Georgia 84-64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keegan

PostPosted: 11/26/05 1:28 am    ::: UCLA dismantles Georgia 84-64 Reply Reply with quote

Link to game report

Lisa Willis scored a heap (which makes up a bit for her turnover), Alexis Kendrick had a night to forget in her hometown, Chambers struggled with foul trouble all night and Tasha Humphrey is contained by UCLA's non-existent inside game Shocked
CKent

PostPosted: 11/26/05 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even teams with non-existent inside games will be able to contain Tasha this season if they are allowed to double- and triple-team her on every possession without fear. That first half against Baylor was the template for this year's Lady Dawgs...they simply must knock down shots early and often. This team is decimated in terms of height and depth. They are wee and tiny and there aren't very many of them. The injuries up front have put us in a situation where a lot of things have to go right in order to win on any given night. If there are nights when more than one thing on the checklist goes south (like last night: poor shooting, foul trouble, off-night for Tasha), we stand a pretty good chance of getting waxed. It's a shame. These are great kids and just a few weeks ago we were all talking about going deep in March...now it'll take a Herculean effort on everybody's part to keep this from snowballing into one of those jump-on-Georgia down years. As for me, I'll just keep chanting my mantra: It's still early. It's still early. It's still early.

mikey87

PostPosted: 11/26/05 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CKent I feel the same way you do I feel so bad for this team because they lost so much but they cant get down on themselves, they are still a damn good team but losing as much as many players as they did really hurts and yeah if GA expects to win big games TASHA can not be mauled and tripple teamed every game this team has to much talent on it and I refuse to give up on them

caejal44

PostPosted: 11/26/05 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Landers needs to allow Bostice and Taylor more PT. They have to get used to playing down low, and Darrah and Humphrey can't feasibly play 32-36 minutes all year, especially not in the SEC. I would like to see Humphrey and Bostice on the floor at the same time. That might be interesting.
With that said, I think we are in good shape. Yes, it's not looking good so far, but this team has a lot of potential, and it has two exceptional senior guards looking to close out their career. Bold prediction, and I'm usually wrong, Georgia will make the Final Four this year. It's still early, and Landers teams that are suppose to achieve, underachieve, and the teams that are supposed to struggle, overachieve. It's going to be a fun, sometimes painful, year.

PostPosted: 11/26/05 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caejal44 wrote:
I think Landers needs to allow Bostice and Taylor more PT.

Your lips to coach's ears, hopefully. That's what Decembers are made for, aren't they?

Quote:
It's still early, and Landers teams that are suppose to achieve, underachieve, and the teams that are supposed to struggle, overachieve. It's going to be a fun, sometimes painful, year.

I agree. We're gonna smoked every once in a while but we'll jump up and shock somebody before this season's out, too. We've all seen Andy work miracles going only 7- or 8-deep. It's do-able.

One mo' (but not last) time: It is, indeed, still early.

mikey87

PostPosted: 11/26/05 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

me and my daughter were talking and she said daddy GA is gonna do some things this year that people said they could'nt do and they will shock so many people , Hardrick who is her favorite player she says will have a breakout year when she gets the playing time , and I told her baby you are right I dont care what ranking GA is or how many players they have this team is a damn good one and I knew they were going to struggle and I was comfortable with that, but I also agree that Bostice needs some playing time she's basically our shot blocker she could really help Humphrey on the inside avoid those Double and Tripple teams

GA NEEDS THEIR FANS TO BELIEVE IN THEM , AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES 2-2 AINT BAD THEY HAVE OVER 20 GAMES LEFT SO HEY LET'S GET ON THE BALL LADIES I BELIEVE IN YOU GIRLS

Slovydal

PostPosted: 11/26/05 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Long Beach and UCLA both lost the first two games and then beat ranked teams.

mikey87

PostPosted: 11/26/05 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

little known facts about their record the bulldogs started the 2002- 2003 season 2-2 and made it to the sweet 16 ga has also started 3 of it's last 10 seasons with 2-2 record but in 2000-2001 they started 2-2 and won 25 of 29 games and won the SEC title and last but not least in 96 the same thing happened the were ncaa runner up's so all is not lost

got this info of the GA website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: