RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota vs Nevada

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 11/25/05 4:20 pm    ::: Minnesota vs Nevada Reply Reply with quote

42-34 Gophers at the half. Wolf Pack hanging tough.

PostPosted: 11/25/05 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnie wins 83-75

PostPosted: 11/25/05 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sounds like: lots of fouls, lots of missed FTs by MN. that's been an achilles heel so far this year.

Last edited by womens_hoops on 11/25/05 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
vanyogan

PostPosted: 11/25/05 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
sounds like: lots of fouls, lots of missed FTs by MN. that's been an achilles heal so far this year.

Thankfully Broback was back in to help finish the game.

Pretty smart game plan by Nevada. Sounds like they made it an FT contest very early. Nevada has at least a 16 player roster. Better that than contend with the Gopher high percentage inside game. Well kinda, four post players, 45 points.

PostPosted: 11/25/05 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice to see Brobackback (Broback backback backback). Calhoun looked good as well. But the perimeter D in the second half... ugh. Nevada stayed in it with threes. (Gophs didn't shoot many-- didn't want nor need to shoot many, with a 7-12 point lead.) We'll have to play better defense tomorrow, as Pam said.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 11/26/05 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
Nice to see Brobackback (Broback backback backback). Calhoun looked good as well. But the perimeter D in the second half... ugh. Nevada stayed in it with threes. (Gophs didn't shoot many-- didn't want nor need to shoot many, with a 7-12 point lead.) We'll have to play better defense tomorrow, as Pam said.

I think the Gophers will come out loaded for bear against Virginia. I'm a little concerned about keeping all these post players happy with so few minutes to go around. Lacy seems to have had a bit of a let down. Not many shots and not many fouls. Was she there? I hope Lauren doesn't let down just because Broback is back. We seriously need Lacy's intensity. The girl can score in a hurry.

PostPosted: 11/26/05 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
I'm a little concerned about keeping all these post players happy with so few minutes to go around.

me too. That will be a challenge all year for the coaching staff.

Last year, lots of us wanted to see them experiment with a three-big lineup, with Broback at the 3. Last week, PB mentioned in the paper that she might give it a shot. I'd like to see them try it, at least occasionally.

I think it could be effective, and it would help with the minutes situation.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 11/26/05 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
I'm a little concerned about keeping all these post players happy with so few minutes to go around.

Last year, lots of us wanted to see them experiment with a three-big lineup, with Broback at the 3. Last week, PB mentioned in the paper that she might give it a shot. I'd like to see them try it, at least occasionally.

Me too. It would require Calhoun on the floor, since either Bolden or Calhoun always defends the best perimeter threat: Bolden is really only a 3, Roysland only a 2, and neither Bro nor Roysland are world-class defenders.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 11/26/05 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
womens_hoops wrote:
vanyogan wrote:

Me too. It would require Calhoun on the floor, since either Bolden or Calhoun always defends the best perimeter threat: Bolden is really only a 3, Roysland only a 2, and neither Bro nor Roysland are world-class defenders.

I think it depends on the team or situation. Against three quick guards it may not be such a good idea. But when a team isn't particualrly fast or when they intentionally slow down the pace. Then it might work very well.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: