RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Stanford wins Pac-10 title, 56-42

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njjosh

PostPosted: 03/08/05 12:53 am    ::: Stanford wins Pac-10 title, 56-42 Reply Reply with quote

They're 29-2 now with a 20-game winning streak, but their RPI and SOS aren't quite as good as Michigan State and they have fewer RPI top-25 wins. So I can't see Stanford getting a #1 seed. I see them getting the highest #2 seed, with the lowest-rated #1 in their bracket, perhaps North Carolina after winning the ACC title tonight.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/08/05 1:22 am    ::: Re: Stanford wins Pac-10 title, 56-42 Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
They're 29-2 now with a 20-game winning streak, but their RPI and SOS aren't quite as good as Michigan State and they have fewer RPI top-25 wins. So I can't see Stanford getting a #1 seed. I see them getting the highest #2 seed, with the lowest-rated #1 in their bracket, perhaps North Carolina after winning the ACC title tonight.

Weird game to watch. ASU couldn't shoot, Stanford couldn't run plays or get defensive rebounds-- most of the game looked like this: ASU shoots and misses, gets an O-board, passes for 20 seconds, shoots, misses, O-board, rinse and repeat until Stanford gets a steal on the perimeter and a basket in transition. (Yes, I know ASU hit some treys early and Stanford hit some treys late-- but that's how it felt.)

Do you think the years of lobbying by Pac-10 coaches and writers will have any effect on the committee? Especially after last year's selections? If so, Stanford's a lock for a #1. (I'm not saying they deserve a #1, and I'm not saying they don't.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: