RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Child molesting double standard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/23/05 11:37 am    ::: Child molesting double standard Reply Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/11/22/teacher.sex/index.html

She plead guilty to avoid jail time. I can't imagine that could have happened if it was a man pleading guilty of molesting a girl.

The double standard for pedophiles disgusts me, we owe it to children to protect them from both men and women preying on them.

I am incensed.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 11/23/05 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Having been a man for 42 years, I find that men are villified for the majority of the evil in the world. While women are still looked upon as the forever innocent. For instance, how many people are surprised when a man goes on a killing spree? Now make it a woman and see how many people are jaw-dropping surprised. Not that men aren't responsible for a lot of the crap in the world, its just that our gender is not solely responsible. As for the case, it was probably assumed the male was the aggressor and she was coerced, wooed, beguiled, whatever into it. Aaah the power of testosterone. Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

PS. You know him and his buddies are probably going "Alriiiiiiiiight, way to go dude. Woohoo, you da man!! and so forth and so on. When it happens it girls, its considered a despicable crime. When it happens to boys, its considered a classic rite of passage.
Jimi3

PostPosted: 11/23/05 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree with what you have said up to a point. I belive that in spite of the "whoohoo" attitude real lasting harm is done to the boys. Whether it is of the same scale of harm that is done to girls in cases like this I don't know. I think the subject deserves a serious long term study if one has not been done. We ought to know the extent of long term damage and base our judgements on that. In no case can this kind of abuse by adults of either gender be good and it should not be tolerated. The judges decision seems like more of a "whoohoo" reaction than a proper one.

PostPosted: 11/23/05 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whoohoo! Twisted Evil

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: