RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rent inspiring other musicals-to-movies?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeiraNY

PostPosted: 11/22/05 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cool! I got it right! I've seen him twice: Kiss Me Kate with Marin Mazzie and in Man of la Mancha w/ Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio! Both EXCELLENT shows!

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Brian Stokes Mitchell was in Ragtime, yes.

PostPosted: 11/22/05 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ragtime has already been filmed once, not as a musical. That was James Cagney's last film.

PostPosted: 11/22/05 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Cool! I got it right! I've seen him twice: Kiss Me Kate with Marin Mazzie and in Man of la Mancha w/ Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio! Both EXCELLENT shows!

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Marin was also in the original Broadway production of Ragtime. That show had a great cast. Audra is one of my favorites. It also had Peter Friedman, who was in one of my favorite TV shows that did not last - Brooklyn Bridge.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/22/05 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ddubdawg wrote:
I'd love to see that original "Little Shop." Know if it available for rental?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0054033/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnx0dD0xfGZiPXV8cG49MHxrdz0xfHE9bGl0dGxlIHNob3Agb2YgaG9ycm9yc3xmdD0xfG14PTIwfGxtPTUwMHxjbz0xfGh0bWw9MXxubT0x;fc=2;ft=21;fm=1

It's available on Netflix if you have that. I haven't seen it, but it is in my que. As an aside, it was one of Jack Nicholson's first movies.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/22/05 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
It's available on Netflix if you have that. I haven't seen it, but it is in my que. As an aside, it was one of Jack Nicholson's first movies.

Nicholson's role is pretty small. It's the part Bill Murray played in the later version.

PostPosted: 11/22/05 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marin was on Ragtime?? I didn't know that!!! There's a DVD called "Leading Ladies of Bway" in which Audra & Marin join Judy Kuhn in the "Webber Love Trio". Audra sings "Love Changes Everything", Marin sings "Unexpected Song" and Judy sings "I don't know how to Love Him". It's simply one of the best mixes I've EVER heard!!!! Of course it helps that Linda Eder is in the DVD too and the whole thing is hosted by Julie Andrews!

gopher5 wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Marin was also in the original Broadway production of Ragtime. That show had a great cast. Audra is one of my favorites. It also had Peter Friedman, who was in one of my favorite TV shows that did not last - Brooklyn Bridge.

PostPosted: 11/22/05 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keira, the Leading Ladies of Broadway? Is that the one hosted by Julie Andrews? If so, Jennifer Holliday blew those women off the stage when she sang, "And I am Telling You I'm Not Going." Also, Lea DeLaria was AMAZING singing "I Can Cook."

As for Audra, she won Tony Awards for Master Class and for another show (Carousel?), plus Ragtime.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/22/05 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Keira, the Leading Ladies of Broadway? Is that the one hosted by Julie Andrews? If so, Jennifer Holliday blew those women off the stage when she sang, "And I am Telling You I'm Not Going." Also, Lea DeLaria was AMAZING singing "I Can Cook."

As for Audra, she won Tony Awards for Master Class and for another show (Carousel?), plus Ragtime.

And for "Raisin in the Sun."

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 11/23/05 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That would be the one! Can't say I'm a Jennifer Holliday fan, but to me no one sang better than Linda Eder!!! She blows the roof every single time! I didn't like Lea DeLaria in this thing!

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

PostPosted: 11/23/05 8:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
That would be the one! Can't say I'm a Jennifer Holliday fan, but to me no one sang better than Linda Eder!!! She blows the roof every single time! I didn't like Lea DeLaria in this thing!

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Of course you know that Linda grew up in MN Smile . She used to come back here for concerts on a regular basis, but I don't recall seeing one recently.
http://www.lindaeder.com/bio.asp

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 11/23/05 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh I know...Brainerd, MN. I actually had the pleasure of meeting Linda about a month back. VERY nice lady!!!! I've seen her in concert a few times, most recently 2 weeks ago at Carnegie Hall. She brought the house down!!

She was JUST in concert in Minny last Friday...bummer!

gopher5 wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Of course you know that Linda grew up in MN Smile . She used to come back here for concerts on a regular basis, but I don't recall seeing one recently.
http://www.lindaeder.com/bio.asp

PostPosted: 11/23/05 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Oh I know...Brainerd, MN. I actually had the pleasure of meeting Linda about a month back. VERY nice lady!!!! I've seen her in concert a few times, most recently 2 weeks ago at Carnegie Hall. She brought the house down!!

Bummer, I must have missed the ads for that.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 11/23/05 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HA! I only know b/c I have her tour schedule...we did a segment with her a while back and part of the press info included the tour schedule! Hee, hee!

In January she'll have a show on Aminal Planet called "TrailMix". You should check it out!

gopher5 wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:

Bummer, I must have missed the ads for that.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: