RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Colorado - Wyoming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unkiemark

PostPosted: 11/22/05 2:09 pm    ::: Colorado - Wyoming Reply Reply with quote

Monday night, CU was handled by Wyoming in Boulder - a very upsetting loss for Buff fans for a variety of reasons.

Katie Zemko's take on the game:

http://www.coloradodaily.com/articles/2005/11/21/sports/local_sports/sports02.txt

Wyo seemed to play with more heart and composure for 85% of the game. CU seemed to revert to the problems that it was plagued by last season; poor defense and rebounding combined with silly turnovers and a lack of team chemistry.

The one bright spot was the individual play of sophomore post Jackie McFarland who was unstoppable, even when triple teamed. She played 39 minutes and finished with 28 points, 11 rebounds and five blocks. In CU's opening game she scored 34 points and pulled down 15 rebounds.

On the flip side was the play of Jasmina Ilic and Whitney Law who were a combined 1-26 from the field.

CU returns to action late Friday night when the host Northern Iowa in the first round of the annual Coors Classic. In the open game of the tourney Illinois faces Utah State.

PostPosted: 11/22/05 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Wyoming!

As a sidenote, I believe they signed a third Aussie, 6'0" post Gemma Koehler, another ex-AISer.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/22/05 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You'll root for any college team with an Aussie. Actually, you'll root for any Aussie...except Jan.

And we know you will "root" any Aussie male. Smile

Keegan

PostPosted: 11/22/05 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
And we know you will "root" any Aussie male. Smile

Please, I have some standards (which rapidly deteriorate, depending on the amount of substances taken on the night).

Anyways back somewhat on topic (related to basketball at least Wink ), I'm glad to see a lot more Aussies going over to the US now. Our development post-AIS is rather lacking.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/22/05 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Our development post-AIS is rather lacking.

It shouldn't be. You have some good coaches...Gary Fox, etc.

What you need is better coaching pre-AIS, especially for post players.

Keegan

PostPosted: 11/22/05 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coaching could be better at all levels down here but I think higher levels need more improvement. They do a solid job at teaching the fundamentals to the youngsters, but there seems to be a lack of direction once the player is past juniors and needs to improve higher level skills.

Gary Fox has been a wonderful revelation; we should send all of our post players to him.

What we really need is a boost of resources available and better management from BA.
pilight

PostPosted: 11/22/05 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
You'll root for any college team with an Aussie. Actually, you'll root for any Aussie...except Jan.

He wouldn't root for Mercer when we had Gemma Collins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: