RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Webcasts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 11/18/05 9:12 am    ::: Webcasts? Reply Reply with quote

We need to start tracking down webcasts, the Paradise Jam, the one with Tennessee,Mich St, Maryland and Gonzaga will be webcasted over the Thanksgiving holiday.

I think nearly all the UConn games are webcast aren't they, of course you if you get CPTV, you probably don't care?
Do they still have the CPTV web package this year?

Texas Tech used to show a lot of their games via the web, is anybody or any site keeping a decent list of webcasts?

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/18/05 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<<Do they still have the CPTV web package this year?>>

i don't subscribe, but, yes. they switched providers apparently, and the current system doesn't support MACs, i think.

styxfan22

PostPosted: 11/18/05 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oklahoma has webcasts.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 11/18/05 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do they all cost? I know the CPTV webcasts do, how about Oklahoma?

swok34

PostPosted: 11/18/05 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Do they all cost? I know the CPTV webcasts do, how about Oklahoma?

Oklahoma is $9.95/month there is no option to buy just one game.

I've bought Baylors Webcast before and it was $6.95/month last year.

Arrow The bad thing about webcast is that you almost have to listen to their audio as well. Because of the delay it's near impossible to listen to your local schools audio and watch another schools video and figure out what's going on at the same time. Confused

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/18/05 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CPTV.com:

Do I have to subscribe for the whole season or can I just pay to see one game?
You may subscribe for the season to be able to see all of the games we stream, plus all of The Geno Auriemma Shows and the documentary, Believe in the Dream: The History of UConn Women's Basketball. A season subscription is $44.95 or you may choose a monthly subscription for $19.95 or a Pay-Per-View per game option for $9.95.

On monthly subscriptions: you will automatically be charged each month until you cancel.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 11/18/05 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too much money with no guarantees of the quality. I mean it's not really that high of a price, but it could really run into some serious cash, if you subbed to everything you would like to see. We need a package that includes a package of teams or something. It's just too individual and costly to be an option for me, and another thing, if you aren't sitting in front of your PC come game time, you can't schedule it to start the webcast for you, so you could tape it or view it at a later time.

DblT81

PostPosted: 11/20/05 1:17 am    ::: Re: Webcasts? Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Texas Tech used to show a lot of their games via the web, is anybody or any site keeping a decent list of webcasts?

Texas Tech webcasts nearly all of their home games.

Following is some information that I compiled about Big 12 internet audio/video. It does not cover whether they specifically webcast women's basketball though.

There are two major college web services “packages” that are used by Big 12 schools.

CSTV provides athletic website hosting services as well as video and audio services. The Big 12 schools that use CSTV are Texas Tech, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa State and Baylor.

The other predominate package of web services is a combination of Yahoo audio and XOS Technologies.

Nebraska, KSU, CU, OU, and OSU use Yahoo for audio and XOS Technologies for website and video.

Texas and A&M have their own independent website hosting and video production. They use Yahoo for audio on the web.

I believe that Texas Tech, Texas, Nebraska, Baylor & Oklahoma webcast video of some games last season or exhibition this season.

As best that I can tell, an "All-Access" subscription to Tech games does not allow me to watch other CSTV webcasts, but I might be wrong about that.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Baylor%2BPublic%2BInf%2BReport.pdf
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 11/20/05 2:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fwiw - i did the cptv streaming this year... and it's pretty good. AND they fixed the Mac problem.

Archives are up now, too, after some tech issues/glitches.

PostPosted: 11/20/05 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you go to http://allaccess.cstv.com/media/index.jsp you can change the sport to womens basketball, and their is a key to online media and whether it is free or not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: